Regarding Social Networking Sites

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

I have a list I use:

TWITTER
    FACEBOOK
    STUMBLE UPON
    REDDIT
    SHETOLDME
    DIGG

My question is: If I want to keep posting all my hubs: which ones tolerate it and which don't?

Like with some you have to socialize too---I think Twitter and Facebook are these.  What about Stumble Upon, Reddit, and Digg?
    I was told on She told me, that you can submit all you want.

1. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

These social networking websites will bring tariff to your hub.Stumble Upon, Reddit, and Digg also bring tarrif to your hub.She told me is a bookmarking website

1. profile image0
        TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stumble Upon, Reddit, and Digg are also bookmarking sites.

2. livewithrichard profile image71
      livewithrichardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can set up an RSS feed to post your latest hubs to the notes section of your personal Facebook page or your Facebook fan page.  If you let your followers there know that its on automatic they won't mind as much your links posted in the news feed.

Tweet your hubs if they are relevant to your Twitter profile and encourage your followers to retweet. It's fine the people on Twitter chose to follow you and if they don't like the tweets they can unfollow you.

Bookmarking your own content is fine, voting them up will get you in hot water. Encourage your friends to bookmark for you. This is the social aspect of those networks.

I personally have the RSS feed set up. I tweet each of my hubs to over 2000 followers. And I bookmark my hubs to two of my favorite bookmarking sites, Blinklist and Folkd. Everything snowballs from there.

2. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 13 years ago

If you publish a hub and hit each and every one of those, I think you're overdoing it.

Most of my hubs are publishing without fanfare.

If I want to give one a little extra kick along I consider who the audience is. If you are methodical and mechanical in your promotion, all you're doing is broadcasting noise.

If a person is my friend on facebook and a follower on twitter, I might use both to announce the hub, but they'll get different summaries. I don't just do a blitzkrieg copy and paste and run down a list.

If you use your voice sparingly then when you do have something to say (link to) then people will pay more attention to it. If you bombard them with the same link over and over again they'll quickly learn to ignore you.

3. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I find that social networking sites do not drive much traffic to my hubs. You would have to have thousands of friends at each social site in order to get just a fraction of them to look at your hubs.

I find the people on social sites are more interested in short visual bursts of information, than going somewhere where they actually might have to read a few paragraphs in an article.

You might get hits, but if you have google analytics you will find that your guests aren't staying very long. I noticed that some of my hubs only receive a vistor for a few seconds. I'm not sure if that is helping me at all, but, the whole traffic thing is still mystery to me.

I have been here quite a while, and I have only made $2.00.

4. livewithrichard profile image71
    livewithrichardposted 13 years ago

I should add, don't just use the buttons on your hubs.  Add your custom url tracker and then submit them. This way you can get an added benefit.

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It has been suggested by HP HQ in the past not to use trackers in links submitted to social bookmarking sites.

1. Haunty profile image73
        Hauntyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wonder what in the background of this was. But great info. Thanks.

1. darkside profile image66
          darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If someone was to "digg" their own hub, and used a tracker, and then someone else also "dugg" it, then there'd be two links instead of one link with two votes.

Multiply that several times by people using trackers on other peoples hubs and it'd turn into a right mess. One that would cause a social bookmarking site to blacklist HubPages. Which has in fact happened at a few such sites.

1. livewithrichard profile image71
            livewithrichardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Makes sense to me.  Good points.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)