Imagine the next 50 years...are you an optimist or a pessimist?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (88 posts)
  1. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Let your feelings go.
    Express yourself honestly.
    Is mankind headed for a successful,progressive or disastrous future?

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think humans will survive ok, outlast the politics of nations, but I think it will be a different realisation than it is now. We are going to enter some bad years I believe. But we will do ok. Time..?

2. wildorangeflower profile image61
      wildorangeflowerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmmm, more high tech and fast kind of living and social mores will follow the ways of technology. We never know what is going to happen, live happily until we die.

1. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wild ...within the next 50 yrs,"live happy until ya die?"

3. Gerry Hiles profile image60
      Gerry Hilesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let's put it this way (I'm 67):

Pre-Dubya,  just to condense the 21st Century so far , I think I was about 4 on the scale pessimistic-optimistic for world conditions.  Now I'm a 1.

Or to put it another way.  Maybe I would have said,  "I would mind being 35 again, but knowing what I know now."

Now?  "No thanks."

4. farlona profile image39
      farlonaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think we are there in a disaster zone; but at the same time there is growth for goodness. So, we as humans are like a new sprout and we are always popping up with better ideas. We are a spirit.  So, I hope that answers your question. I am optimistic. FARLONA

5. profile image0
      surlyoldcatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As loathe as I am to say it, but I am a pessimist when it comes to the human rce. Seeing how society has deteriorated as it has over the past 40 years, I think the human race will either become obliterated through its own machinations or natural disaster, or mutate to reflect the true face of humanity, which is not pretty.

All I ask for is a large bottle of Jack to keep me company before it's my turn.

6. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What will be in the next 50 years is irrelevant, but what will echo in the eternity is crucial...

2. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

The Universe is self-sufficient and will continue in perfect precision regardless of mankind's efforts, good or bad.

1. qwark profile image61

KCC..thanks, I appreciate your warm feelings about the universe, really do!
      My question tho refers to the future of humankind.
      Got any feelings about how we're gonna fare?
      Love to see 'em in print.

2. profile image51
      scribe4lifeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah, I see that someone has not read the last chapter in the good book. Things will get much worse before they get better. Book of Revelations - check it out!

3. KCC Big Country profile image85

Humankind will be fine.  I don't believe for a second that we're heading to some disasterous end.  Everything is as it should be and will continue along its merry way.

1. qwark profile image61

KCC thanks....you are an optimist.
      Lets HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I'm an optimistic person, so humankind will find a solution, for which, evolves societal thinking for the best. wink big_smile

5. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Thanks Cags.
    it would be nice if those of you who answer would give us some reasons why you think as you do. Cags and KCC are optimists.
    I am not. WE'll get  into that later...lol
    Go for it. lets see why ya think as ya do...:-)

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Qwark,

We've had this discussion before, because this isn't the first time you've posted this sort of question.

In the future, there will be a change in the way people think. It will be for the better, so much so, people will find the ability to learn and understand life, via acceptance which teaches one tolerance for others.

We'll also find an easier solution for using resources on the planet, which will lessen the amount of greed in the world. Once, we learn to lessen greed among people, then the value of a human's life will increase.

Thus, it will help drive out poverty and homelessness of the world. In the current view people live with..."Life" is valued, as it should be, either by the religious folk of the world or much of others.

Too many self-absorbed, arrogant, selfish people are presently diminishing the lives of others, which when the changing view begins to happen, will change the numbers of these people.

Thus, changing the entire world. wink

6. KCC Big Country profile image85

My beliefs are based on my life-long studies of things many consider New Age (law of attraction, quantum physics, power of positive thinking, Emotional Freedom Technique, Neural Linguistic Programming, etc.)

7. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

no just simply amist.

8. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Excellent!
    Keep "em coming.
    Yes Cags I've written a few hubs concerning this question too
    I've never asked this question in quite this way.
    I am very curious about the future of my progeny and of mankind as a whole.
    The history of mankind is awful, why should it change?

Because, it must. Everyone always finds themselves in a position where they "must" do something, even if they don't like it....and that time will be coming. wink big_smile

9. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

I am optimistic that there will be a big change in humankind for the better - but I don't think we are going to like the changing.

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I always believe that humankind would be fine, there will always be those positive people who are always contributing and doing their best to make the difference!

10. KCC Big Country profile image85

Change is inevitable, things can never remain stagnant.  Life is continually evolving and changing.

The problem is the level of awareness to that fact. wink big_smile

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awareness isn't really necessary for it to happen though.  Those who are more aware may enjoy the ride a bit more though.  smile

Hey KCC, I disagree....what you said is what they need to be aware of...if not, then stagnation will remain.

Not being aware of it, means ignorance. That does no one any good. wink

It's not a requirement that all of mankind be in agreement.  A few (or a few million) stagnant humans will not slow things down.  They've always been around.  Ignorance only does THEM no good.  It doesn't hurt me at all.  smile

1. alternate poet profile image67
              alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would diagree that a few million ignorant people won't hurt you.  It was a few million ignorant people who blindly followed their christian leaders to vote in Bush, helped by a little chicanery at the polls.  Society goes the way of the majority, that the majority is poorly informed and would appear to have had their reason removed is why the stone age thinking is prevailing at the moment and causing trouble all over the world.  Being aware of the stupidity does not help when the crap hits the fan.

Many might disagree with me.

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
          dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

aware means you may not agree also, so it can go both ways KCC, if we are smart we will relax and go along, I agree, and much better I think.

but we honestly may not want what we get, it is possible.
          thinking;"Be carefull what we ask for, we just might get it!"

11. KCC Big Country profile image85

I agree with "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it".  But, have you ever looked back on an event in your life that at the time seemed horrific?  Later, you can always find something good that came from it.  I find that the more that I can trust that to always happen, then the less I fret when things seem to be not quite what I hoped for.

12. profile image0
    RFoxposted 13 years ago

I do not think of the future as this is a distraction from the *now*.

It is only within this current moment that change can be effective. This minute, this moment, this thought, this intention, this action.

Just my thoughts on the subject. smile

And you blink and it's gone.  smile

1. profile image0
        RFoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol...exactly

13. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Excellent! So far I disagree with all of you!
    In ref to man's future? I am the forever pessimist!
    I want to read more.
    Pls keep this forum going!....:-)

So, just out of curiousity, Qwark.  How does being a self-proclaimed "forever pessimist" work out for you in your daily life?  Does this outlook serve you well? What makes you have this outlook?

1. qwark profile image61

KCC...I will get to that. At the moment I'm thoroughly enjoying the optimism being exhibited by responders.
        I haven't really read any realistic answers as to why there is optimism.
        I'm waiting for some well thought out replies as to why a species which seems to be totally dedicated to its demise has so many who think it may change its ways.
        Can youb optimists give me solid, grounded reason why you think we, the earth's most dangerous predator will suddenly change it's stripes and become a docile and tranquil creature?
        C'mon someone has to be an imaginative "thinker" amongst you?
        Anyone?

Ah....a set-up.....so you can accuse optimists of being non-imaginative and unrealistic.  Sleep tight, I know I will.

1. qwark profile image61

KCC:  lol it is s setup, no doubt. When I offer my "imaginative" pessimistic retorts they will not be accusative nor will they demean any optimists thought. They will be bluntly and succinctly presented as I see them. They will always, of course, be open for discussion...which I hope they will inspire.
            It's AM here. I'm gonna have some brkfast and be back later to see there have been any "imaginative" responses. Later!
            Qwark

14. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

it's past the "witching" hour here. Midnite has come and gone. I, for one am going to lay back and make some zzzzzzzzz's while you continue to respond from your far away places around this earth where the sun is still shining. G'nite all...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

15. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

History is replete with disasters. 50 years is a long, long time. I pretty much believe it is a statistical certainty that another major mess will occur within this timeframe.

The good news is that none of the previous disasters exterminated us, so the next one probably wont either (famous last words).

1. qwark profile image61

Paradigm...I like that response. My first agreement. :-)

16. Shil1978 profile image86
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

I am broadly optimistic about the future. My only concerns are possible man-made disasters (an example would be nuclear disasters, particular resulting from a mad terrorist group getting hold of nuclear weapons and using them on a prominent city).

Another concern is natural disasters like an asteroid/comet strike, or any other cosmic phenomena that could potentially change the face of the world or even wipe humankind.

1. qwark profile image61

Shil...ty..Hawking says there is a far greater risk  of man being wiped out by himself than from anything from the cosmos.

17. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Egad! We've quit already? I'm shocked! I  surely thought there'd be many more imaginative replies.
    Is this an indication that we the people are not thinking about the future and living for the moment? Or is it just that we don't care and are blithley meandering thru life just hoping for the best?
    '

18. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Based on the history of the last four thousand years, I think we'll see sunny skies at times then partly cloudy, mixed with a few violent storms. Wash and repeat.

I don't think there's going to be much that's new. Immigration to a higher level of consciousness is going to take a while. Optimism is very prevalent with optimists. They have always been around. Pessimists help balance out the eco system, apparently. Kind of like you can't appreciate light until you're in the dark.

19. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

I swing back and forth between optimism and pessimism, but probably lean more towards the pessimistic.

I think the chance that mankind is going to wipe itself out entirely is pretty slim, but the chances that the population will crash sharply in the next 50-200 years are very high, and I don't think it will be a pleasant change. After the Roman Empire collapsed, Europe muddled through a thousand years of misery before it picked itself back up and got back on track.

We have a wider basis of knowledge now to help us recover, but we've also done much more damage to natural ecosystems and those are ultimately more responsible for our continued survival than all the knowledge in the world. People tend to forget that. These Pakistan floods - 15% of the country under water and 10 million people displaced because some greedy idiots cut down 80 million trees in the last three years alone - are just the latest in a long line of examples.

1. qwark profile image61

Kerry: Pretty close to my way of thinking.
      "I swing back and forth between optimism and pessimism, but probably lean more towards the pessimistic.

I think the chance that mankind is going to wipe itself out entirely is pretty slim, but the chances that the population will crash sharply in the next 50-200 years are very high, and I don't think it will be a pleasant change. After the Roman Empire collapsed, Europe muddled through a thousand years of misery before it picked itself back up and got back on track.

We have a wider basis of knowledge now to help us recover,..."

Man will continue to exist after the "diminution." In what form? What wider base of knowledge if existing humankind has been reduced to stoneage mutants?

20. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Ok...let the pessimist start the list.
    1. population growth  i.e. 6.5 billion now by 2060 about 10 billion.
    (WORLD POPULATION TO INCREASE BY 2.6 BILLION OVER NEXT 45 YEARS,
    WITH ALL GROWTH OCCURRING IN LESS DEVELOPED REGIONS

Hitting 9.1 Billion by 2050, According to Official UN Estimates
    Think we have problems now? Comments?
    Qwark

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That can be easily solved. Just neuter and spay the Duggars!

1. qwark profile image61

Klara: Would ya put me in charge of that program?  Now that's imagination!    yeh!   :-)

1. profile image0

The ceremony of knighthood would have to be a bit different. I would have to give you a surgical knife instead of a sword. Small but lethal! lol (like me) lol

1. qwark profile image61

Klara: it'd be my pleasure. I'd let you handle the "small stuff." Now! lets get this damned program goin'! Talk is cheap!  :-)

1. profile image0

Heading to Utah as we speak! lol

1. qwark profile image61

Klara; yer gonna neuter and spay the whole damned state....alone? Why don't some of these forum hubbers volunteer to help? c'mon folks, help Klara "cut" some grass in Utah! hmmm?

2. profile image51
      scribe4lifeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ancient prophecy predicts that in the last days, there will be worldwide disasters that will wipe out one third of the world's population, one third of animal/plant life in the sea and and on land. That's one way of reducing the earth's population. When the horsemen of the apocolypse begin to ride....watch out! It'll mean the end of the world as we know it and yet a glorious new begining will follow.

21. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

C'mon now lets get some other imaginative but serious comments goin'...ok?  :-)
    I've got many more than just one pessimistic you can hub with me about....1 was just a beginning....?

22. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

I guess i can't any more response on this very heavy and meaningful question....
    We'll just go back to the really important stuff i.e. if my hair is too kinky and I decide to iron it, how hot should the iron be? Would a steam iron be best? HELL,I just gave someone an idea for a "hub." lol

23. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

I will never leave you! lol It looks like it's a job for Big Daddy and Hit Girl! Let's go Papa!!!

1. qwark profile image61

Klara..ya gotta do my hair first...I can't be seen in Utah with this unsteamed kinky hair do! Lets get the important things done first...lololol

1. profile image0

I can do a Mormon compound hairdo on you. No problem! You'll blend right in!

1. qwark profile image61

Klara...just don't make me look like glenn beck  ..ok? If ya can do it,lets "neuter and spay!" Mormons first! yippyyiyayyyy!   lol

1. profile image0

Nah, just the Duggars. I like Mormons! They don't knock on your door at 8am on Sundays.

1. qwark profile image61

Luv ya, but ya just lost me! I wanna do mormons...we'll get to the Duggars! See, that's why I never married again. You women are just too danged set and hard to manage...lol I'M gonna do the mormons, you do the Duggars...meetch'a at Mickey D's in Salt lake city with a list of my conquests.....then ya can do my hair....lol..:-)

1. profile image0

Watch out for Bill Paxton and his three wives! I hear they are armed! lol

1. qwark profile image61

I TAKE scalps to! I'm nobody to mess with. Paxtons keep a lookout!   :-)

1. profile image0

smile

24. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

I am an optimist because every human being on the earth is love, peace, and free to the core of their being. Just be this and all will be well with mankind on the earth. This is the answer and solution to be applied in your daily life. Thank you.

1. qwark profile image61

Butler: Thanks but you've offered nothing but "idealism."
      Pls tell us why you think that man is all the sweet and wonderful things you prtray him to be.
      We'll start from there...fair?

1. profile image0
        AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fair it is. Man is everything I said he is because of his free will to choose and respond to everything and anything that he may come upon in his life. You see around you many amazing things that man has done and overcome all obstacles in his way such as going to the moon and beyond into outer space and also to bringing cures to mankind that will heal his physical body. Every man and woman when they go to bed at night deep down in themselves know that life is a gift to be lived to the fullest that they know how to live. Everything on the earth and in the universe runs on the foundation of these principles. Examples: Nuclear energy. Can be used for Bombs or electricity for our cities. Guns. Can be used to kill people or to feed mankind but we need to evolved higher with our food supplies and look for other ways to keep in balance the animals population on the earth. Mankind is the only living species on the earth that can choose how to live and all the others are doing it by instinct that is built into them. Mankind lives in a world that is based on the foundation and principle of how to live on the earth and eventually throughout the whole universe that we are now exploring based upon LOVE, PEACE, AND FREE. Thank you.

1. qwark profile image61

Butler: ty...I love such idealism! But, reality tells a different story.
          A study of modern man's history is rife with death and destruction.  He is earths #1 predator. oh yes he does try to do it his way. The anomaly consciousness has created a creature that can control; all life on the planet...not the planet itself, but he can now, as never before in his time, reduce all life as we know it to near extinction. He is not a nice life form. He is devious, and deadly. He is an immature life form that hasn't been gifted with the time necessary to be able to sublimate his genetic propensity to kill. That will take a couple hundred thousand more years of evolution. it is my earnest prognosis that as he continues to propogate and increase in numbers the greater will become his NEED to reduce his numbers so that the species may survive. AS man exists, he will only be here for a very short time. Tomorrows man will not resemble the human of today. He will mutate and metamorphose into something unrecognizable by we contemporary human creatures.
          Thanks for the response.
          WE must agree to disagree........:-)

1. profile image0
            AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

qwark I agree to disagree. I enjoyed our correspondence. Thank you very much. Go in peace.

1. qwark profile image61

TY Sir....ditto...:-)

25. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Democracy ends in tyranny, I've heard say.  If you get enough religious fervor going, a tyrant can be created pretty easily.  All you need is some economic chaos, fear and uncertainty, and a common enemy... a "THEM!" 

We have all the right ingredients, it's just a matter of whether the unread masses can be held in check by the reasonable and thinking, or if charismatic fear mongers with easy answers and promises of divine mandate and eternal life scenarios can whip up catastrophe... or maybe just whip up a pruning down of surplus population... trim us down by 3 or 4 billion and get us to a sustainable level for a while.

I'm hoping for reason and thinking but the book burners and mosque haters are wielding their tiny minds for the cause of annihilation.

1. qwark profile image61

Shades...didn't meant to ignore you.
      Those, the book burners, the racists, the bigoted religious masses will only increase with time and an uncontrolled increase in their population. The "right thinking" human will be overpowered enmasse. The future of mankind is, to say it mildly, bleak.
      Ty for the response.
      Qwark

26. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

It's funny, I'm a cock-eyed optimist in my own life (my husband is always chiding me for being "unrealistic" about people), but I'm pessimistic about the future of the planet.

People today have lost all sense of "the common good".  We've all become "me first".  Everyone wants to save the planet, help the needy, etc - BUT ONLY IF IT DOESN'T COST THEM A CENT, or require them to make sacrifices, and only if it's Not In Their Backyard. 

Cutting down our carbon footprint means changing our lifestyle - so no chance of that. 

Our selfishness is reinforced by the big corporations, who want us to go on buying goods and services we don't need so they can make money. So they spend millions persuading us that global warming isn't real, or that health insurance will be a disaster, or that regulation of financial markets will ruin business.

And if you think big corporations wouldn't say such things if they were such huge lies, remember how long the tobacco companies kept quiet about the health risks of smoking, and thereby killed millions of people.

1. qwark profile image61

Marissa:
      Ty!
      WE are in dire straights. No doubt about it.
      May the "Force" be with you.
      Even "it" is in deep "doo doo."
      Qwark

27. Lupin Kasumi profile image59
    Lupin Kasumiposted 13 years ago

I don't really see myself surviving the next 50 years. I don't see myself making it to thirty. I don't feel bad about it, just that it feels right, when I look at it.
    humanity though, I see humanity changing. The U.N. taking more control, fixing the obvious problems by getting over the internal conflicts. But still, a war or two would happen first, before the donkey of realization kicks them in the face.

28. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

G'mornin' "hubbers."  I just got outa bed, had brkfast and am ready to  get this beautiful day goin'! You?
    I'm pretty optimistic today...suns up! Looks like its goin' to be a great day. I hope yours is for you.  :-)

29. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

I am optimistic. It is not so good now, but in 50 years I see true peace and a better world, barring some unforeseen cataclysmic event like a huge meteor destroying us all. We need to get young people involved more.

30. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Humankind will survive and evolve in one form or another!  After all we have opposable thumbs!

31. profile image51
    scribe4lifeposted 13 years ago

Man is a created being, not self made. Therefore, mankind has no control whatsoever over his eternal destiny. To believe that he has even a measure of control over his destiny is a grand illusion, plain and simple. This is not to say that mankind cannot achieve great things, but his achievement is limited to a finite set of talents, gifts and intellect that are bestowed upon him before birth, and which end upon death. Life on this planet is transient in nature, here today and gone tommorrow. However, each individual life has a purpose and a signifigance while here on earth. So given the average life span, it stands to reason that there will be room for both optimisim and pessimism as any generation projects possibilities fifty years out. Optimisim - in the inherent hope that he will individually and collectively find and complete his purpose - and pessimism in the sure knowledge that no matter what he achieves, he will never find absolute perfection within himself. So at best, all hummanity can do is focus on finding and fullfilling its purpose and leave the rest to the Creator.

32. profile image56
    scholarshipsformoposted 13 years ago

I am an optimist. I look forward to seeing great things from human kind

33. Timstown profile image60
    Timstownposted 13 years ago

All of the above.

34. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Love and optimism feed you, guide you, sustain your very existence, if you let them.  The way you perceive the world is a reflection of yourself.  Change the channel.  Change the frequency your brain runs on and choose to view only good.  Let the crap run down the drain where it belongs.  You can change yourself and your world will reflect that.

35. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

Optimist. Life does just get better all the time.

36. spookyfox profile image60
    spookyfoxposted 13 years ago

I just heard a beautiful quote by Hans Rosling the other day, he was talking about child mortality and the gap between the poorest and the richest countries:

"I am not an optimist. Neither am I a pessimist. I'm a very serious possibilist."

37. Zenofsong profile image60
    Zenofsongposted 13 years ago

Optimist. Past two years or so I realized what every great thinker has realized. You get more of what you focus on. I can only imagine that in 10 years I will have perfected the art of looking on the bright side of life and being happy for no reason.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)