Does Adsense pay us the month after we reach payout, or...

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Aya Katz profile image82
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

...the month after the month after we reach payout?

I reached my third payout toward the end of October. They now tell me that they plan to pay me by the end of next month, which would make it sometime toward the end of December.

Something similar happened with my second payout. When they did finally pay, they subtracted more from what I had as estimated earning for that month than they actually paid out. So even though it looked as if I was close to a third payout the month after the second payout had been earned, after they paid out, it took longer to reach the third payout.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

if i reach payout in month of october...i receive cheque by end of november or begining of december but not end of december...

2. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

If you make payout in September, it was verified in the first week of October and deposited in your account the last week of October.

yup and at most first week of nov...not late than that...

3. Aya Katz profile image82
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

That's odd. What should I do to correct this? Or is this a difference between cutting a check and having a direct deposit? (They send me a check.)

even i get cheques..which country you are from?

Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The United States.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Direct deposit is so much more convenient smile

You may be right, but it should not affect the accounting method.

4. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

If I understand correctly, you saw significant reductions in your earnings?  That might mean they are seeing some suspicious activity and taking extra time to verify, though I would think they would just ban you rather than delay payment.

I started with Adsense in 2003 and have always rc'd payment late in the following month.  So, sometime around the 27th of November they will deposit my October earnings.

Did you get it early in the second month?  I could see them perhaps spreading this stuff out over a week.

They didn't indicate any suspicion over activity.

The reduction was explained to me at the time by fellow hubbers like this:
      "earnings since last payment" was interpreted by Adsense as earnings since the last time a check was sent, even though the check was for less than I had earned on the day the check was sent.

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's always less than what your balance stands at now.

As I said, I will get October earnings late in November.  Novermber's earnings will come late in December and so on. 

Is that the source of the misunderstanding?

Pcunix, I don't get a payout every month. It still takes a couple of months till I reach payout. So it's not a question of getting October earnings in November. It's question of my having earned around one hundred and ten dollars before October ended, and now in November they tell me that I will be sent my payment by the end of next month.

The last time this happened, the check was for around one hundred and twenty dollars, but by the time they sent it to me, I had already accumulated another fifty dollars of estimated earnings beyond that.

The moment they sent my check, the earnings since last payment went down to zero.

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
            Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It does sound screwy Aya.  Even after they send you your check, your earnings since last payment shouldn't be zero because you're always earning something since the last payout.  I don't know what phone number you could call Adsense to talk to them about it.

Thanks, Flightkeeper. I'm not sure what accounts for it or how to ask them about it. There really seem to be two things happening. One is that I don't get paid the month after I reach payout, but rather the month after that. And second, that it affects the accounting when I do get paid.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
            Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's how it should work. They pay you whatever the balance is on the last day of the month - anything accumulated since then is kept and goes towards the next payout. 

That's the bit that's worrying.  I hope it's just a glitch.

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had less one month too, but never since. They do state that the earnings are estimated.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py

Try using this link to contact them.

I followed your link, and I found out something interesting about earnings and payout. YouTube earnings are paid two months after they are earned, while all other earnings are eligible for payout one month after earned. I wonder if that has something to do with my odd payout situation. I do have a YouTube account, but I'm not aware of any earnings from it.

2. Aya Katz profile image82

Yeah, I do see your point. Since earnings are just estimated, then they can be different from what we thought. But there is no way for us to independently determine what the real earnings were...

So far, it only happened once that I got less, too. But now it's happened twice that I'm not getting paid the month after my estimated earnings hit the payout. So I'm wondering if that is related to having earned less than was reported as estimated earnings.

I wish there were a place where they explain the discrepancies between estimated earnings and actual earnings after each payout.

1. 2uesday profile image66
            2uesdayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not sure if it is resloved yetor relevant to your problem  but a while ago adsnse had on a posting that there was a glitch - which meant the estimated earnings and the 'finalized' earnings on the payment/payout page did not look as if they matched. I think the point they were making was that their was no financial loss - it worked out OK in the end.

On my finalized page it still only shows the end of September figures as they take a while to update.

2uesday, yes, I think I heard something about that. The figures on the finalized page do change somewhat from the estimated earnings.

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Aya,

Go into Google Adsense at look directly at how much you have accumulated total, since your last payout. I would not suggest going by their totals on Adsense main screen. They claim to have fixed the problem, but since I had a problem, I always go  in Adsense and look.

If you reached payout somewhere around the end of the month, then you will receive your payout at the end of November. Your balance only has to break the payout barrier for them to send you your money.

I didn't make payout in Sept, but my earnings including October, most certainly did. So, at the end of November, I'll receive my check. And, I too receive a check in the mail.

I hope that helps. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)