October Earnings - How Has October Been for You?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (62 posts)
  1. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

For me October has been the best Adsense month to date - will have made payout in one month for the first time.  Yeay!!!

Amazon has had the most amount of sales, but not the highest value, month yet (will be hard to top the $2500 diamond ring in June!!).

Hope you have all had a great October with amazing earnings!

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

congrats smile

2. travelespresso profile image68
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah to you too CMH.  Congrats. smile

3. britneydavidson profile image61
      britneydavidsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! But  in my case every month is same nothing special earning!

4. salt profile image60
      saltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow!!!

2. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

I am getting better results on Adsense as the months go by, I might am on my way to my second payment and the first one took me eleven months to achieve. smile

My Amazon has been bad this month - I will end it on a minus as i had a return and only one sale.

CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Returns on Amazon suck 2uesday - my Amazon earnings were down this month as someone returned an expensive item that they had bought the previous month.  Your Amazon sales are bound to go up though as time goes on.

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Great to hear it, CMHypno!
    October has been my personal best month too for both Amazon and Adsense, but I fear November is going to see a big drop as most of my hits and sales were on Halloween hubs.

Glad that you had a great October Izzy!  You have lots of great Hubs beside Halloween ones, so I am sure that they will start surging forward as Christmas approaches.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks CM! The Amazon report came early today and I was delighted to note I had sold another 10 items including 2 sets of Christmas lights, so looks like the Christmas sales have started smile

4. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

This month I've made £35 on Adsense and $22 on Amazon.  Both are the highest ever in a month for me, although it's more of a gentle upward trend than an exponential curve.

I have made my second Adsense payout ever this month and will probably next make payout in December.

Great news Empress!  My earning have also been on a fairly gentle upwards curve (with a few hiccups inbetween), but seem to be gaining a bit more momentum over the last couple of months

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I must say that over the 14 months I've been a member here, I've often been tempted to throw in the towel.  My Adsense earnings actually became a sort of household joke ("Hey, guess what - I earned £0.03 today.  Wooohooo, crack open the bubbly!!" ).  But now I'm more optimistic.  I can see that earning £200 - £300 per month on HP is a realistic goal (or possibly even more, although I think it's essential to diversify outside of HP if you want to earn serious money and not risk it all going down the pan in one go).

Some of my nearest and dearest also thought it was hysterical when I got so excited at earning 15p!

I do think that we can realistically earn a couple of hundred quid a month, but I think that you are right and diversification is the way to go.

2. profile image50
          cutest2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hi CMP, how came you got this earning...can u tell me?im newbie here...

3. salt profile image60

lol, its not a joke, its good, because if you think about it, once youve done the work, it is perpetual.. it keeps flowing. (())

5. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

tried to write some amazon hubs and finally came up with some poems, lol

But you are still smiling saleheensblog, which is the most important thing! smile

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes it is, I am writing poems, writing on social issues like suicide prevention which gets ads disabled and now preparing to write more on other social sensitive issues which will also get ads disabled for sure but I have no regret. I am happy to be here to learn and share myself. smile

I'm sure that you are going to write some great hubs that will help and encourage a lot of people

6. chinweike profile image59
    chinweikeposted 13 years ago

October has given me 2/3 of payout. It is my best adsense till date and i hope november will do better, probably being the first month to hit payout.
    This not withstanding the fact that i have not been creating new hubs.

The first payout is the best as it is so exciting - hope you stay on target for November!

7. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Best month yet - missed first payout by $2 this month but looking at about $200 for my first payout now.

And if I keep going at this rate, I should see my next one by the end of January I hope! ($150 payout in Australia)

My Amazon is going well too. $21 for the month...

Congrats WryLilt - way to go!

8. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

Adsense and Amazon both down, but eBay is much higher than usual.

It's odd - ever since I joined HP I've had a fairly steady increase month on month. Over the last two or three months it's really started to fluctuate up and down.

1. salt profile image60

Ahhh marissa, I hope you always do well, as you are well, here and been here and done the work and well!!!!

9. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 13 years ago

For me, both Adsense and Amazon have been down this month and eBay about the same. I've sold just as many items on Amazon, but there has been a larger percentage lower priced ones. I'm just going to miss out, yet again, on making it up to the 7% bracket. That is unless there's a rally tonight. I'm not holding my breath. As long as I get above $200 on Amazon I'll be happy - I'm almost there now.

I'm crossing fingers that November turns things around. smile

10. Dale Nelson profile image40
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

Glad to hear CMH.
    Hvae had about a 20% climb in October.Amazon still lazy.
    I changed the hub titles according to the stats report and thought maybe thats why it jumped, but judging by the response here it may just be some google love.

Good luck all as we head into the 8 shopping weeks til Christmas.

11. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

But.. but .. but

It's not over!

Where I sit, it's just 7:15 AM and the whole day is ahead.  It's not time to tally October yet.

Actually, for me, October started off weak but then picked up and will end as a decent, but not stellar, month.  Adsense  $850.00, Chitika $22.00, affiliate sales $57.00, book sales $130.00, Amazon $1  for a total of $1,060.00.  Plus however many millions come in today, of course smile

Oh, I should add that HubPages is $12.32 of that.

1. salt profile image60

lol !! Love the hat!

12. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

My ebay and Adsense are down a bit compared to summer (all those gardening hubs make me one of the rare hubbers who seems to do better in summer than winter) but my Amazon is up. Not up enough to make up the difference, unfortunately, but I'm still pleased because I've been working on improving my Amazon income.

13. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

Well done CM - you will be getting this on a regular basis now!

14. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

Best month overall yet.  This is the first month that I made it to 7% with Amazon and it's my highest Amazon earnings to date. AdSense is pretty good, too, but not better than last month which was my highest to date...hopefully November will be even better!

15. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Good for you to make another payout.

For me, and October is still not over because there is still today's earnings to add on, but this is my best month overall so far.  Both Adsense and Ebay are the highest earnings ever, and Amazon is the highest amount of sales ever, although not the highest month in dollars. 

As to Christmas sales, I have been seeing them all month, so they are definitely started.  Seeing sales on decorations mostly, but also some gift items that are most likely Christmas gifts.

16. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Congrats, CM, on a great month!  Payout made all in one month is truly a goal to shoot for.

October has been the best ever month for me.  Amazon isn't doing much, although I made the $10 payout again, but adsense has once more doubled the prior month and I'll get my first check in Nov.

I set personal daily records the first of the month, then again a few days ago, and once more yesterday.  In fact, yesterday gave me the highest # of one day clicks, highest one day earnings and highest one click earning.

Yes, it's been a good month!

17. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

This month will be my best yet for adsense and Amazon. I'm over $450.00 with adsense as of right now and $27.00 with Amazon.

Had my best day yet with adsense too, over $27.00.

However, 99% of all that is from my own sites, not Hubpages. I just can't seem to get much traffic with hubs. smile

18. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I am averaging 7 to 10 USD everyday this October) don't know today, bad usually on Sundays) and amazon I got thirty nine sales.

19. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

October has been the best month for me as far as Adsense earnings in months......

20. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Looks like everyone has been having a successful October - lets hope that November is really great and that the Christmas sales are amazing

21. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I have been experiencing record-breaking months back to back for a few months now, but this month was incredibly good! A couple of my best performing hubs are seasonal (fall) so that helps.  However, a couple of my evergreen hubs have been steadily increasing. I'm hoping they're going to keep this rate of income up through the first of the year.

I really need to write more hubs though.

22. profile image50
    cutest2010posted 13 years ago

hi...im newbie here...everyone here have been success in adsense. can u tell me what the secrets behind the successness???do u have any e book to suggest to me to become like u all?plez help me...

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are no secrets.  No matter what, it takes work.  You can work at writing interesting and useful pages or you can work at being a spammer, but either way, there are no real secrets.

I have many thousands of pages and create more regularly.  I aim for "interesting and useful" and sometimes succeed.  Other peoplle concentrate on products or some specific product niche but everybody who makes any significant amount of money worked hard to get it.

Some let SEO take care of itself. Some don't.  Either way, it is work. The people who ignore promotion might spend more time on research, or more time writing.  Some people do it all, and appear to work night and day.  Others are a bit more relaxed, but they still dig in and work.

Some are spammers. They write junk and expend their efforts promoting that. I detest them, but they ARE working just the same and they have their own hurdles to jump, with Google and legit sites working to shut them down. They work, or at least the successful ones do.

That's the "secret". Old fashioned work.

2. KCC Big Country profile image86
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My secret? Write as many articles as I can about things I know a little bit about, or do the research to learn about.  A few of the articles strike a chord with people and they take off, many sit and don't do much.  The key is to keep working at it.  As Pcunix said.....it all boils down to work.

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And you never know when something will suddenly gain traction. Yeserdays zero really can be tomorrows big earner.

23. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

adsense doubled this month- but dont book the limo! nothing on amazon but clicks doubled so must be soon- anyway dont do a lot of sales hubs so would not expect much-

24. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Adsense clicks down somewhat but still easily made monthly payout.  Amazon sales about the same!  But my best money hubs are seasonal so I can't complain!

25. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

my Adsense is doing great but Amazon and eBay have died sad

26. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 13 years ago

I won't know for sure how October did until I wake up and look at stats tomorrow, but I'm going to finish off with total HubPages earnings north of $1500.

27. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

It has been really great, honestly.  I caught the tail end of my Halloween traffic and saw Christmas traffic begin to come in, making for a nice convergence of niches. Probably my highest earning months of all time (hoping to clear $900 by tomorrow morning).

28. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

For me $1.1 from adsense for the month of october.

29. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 13 years ago

a little over $50 bucks, but little of that is from Hubpages

30. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

October has been good, made just over $700. Can't wait to see what November and December will bring!

31. LindaJM profile image83
    LindaJMposted 13 years ago

I made my first hub on October 19 and have earned 7 cents so far.

However... I have other AdSense earnings from my own blogs so I receive a generous payout every month and have been building on that for over five years. My writing here on HubPages is for income diversification. (And fun!)

32. Spacey Gracey profile image38
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Over $1100 this month - really chuffed as I had set myself a target of hitting $1000 a month by December. But lets see if it sticks. Happily had quite a lot of stuff ordered on 31st that didn't ship so that will all go towards Novembers figures getting the month off to a flying start.

33. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 13 years ago

Daily earnings have been volatile the last couple of months but overall, October was the best ever at my best per article rate.  Google's showing a lot of love for HubPages right now.  Hope it lasts.

34. PurpleOne profile image78
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

I made around $60 this month for Hubpages. Definitely my best month ever too.

35. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

good so far, I just need to do a bit of work and I will get there. I need to up my input. I seem to be working, but slowly. Although, Ive been putting in the time.

36. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Best month earnings so far on HP since i joined. Hope it keeps up.

1. salt profile image60

congratulations!!!

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

same for me. hope everyone does well!

37. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I had my highest earning month ever in October.  I'm hoping to top it again in November.

38. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I earned over $80 in October, that is about par. 90% of that was from HubPages. I probably could do better if I tried, I think I wrote 3 hubs last month.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)