Strange! A hub indexed but kicked out now

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)
  1. snakebaby profile image66
    snakebabyposted 13 years ago

I had a new hub about two weeks ago that was indexed by google fairly quickly, and the ranking was normal. But just these few days, I noticed the same keywords used to find this hub no longer worked for it. Thought just the ranking dropped, but today I searched adding "hubpages" in the end, the hub actually isn't in the search results. Obviously it was "kicked" out by google for some reason. I did ping couple of times few days ago since I made few changes that I hoped google would pick up sooner (whether or not it works that way is another thing), I now wonder whether pinging more than once for a hub would result in penalty? That is the only reason I could think of for what happened, otherwise it just doesn't make sense. Anyone has experienced similar situation? If yes, will the SE picks it up again or it is a dead hub? If I have to make it a new hub I would

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

You really are having some bad luck, aren't you? About pinging however many times, it wouldn't make sense to penalize that. Otherwise, you could get rid of your competitors simply by pinging the heck out of them.

I assume you did a search for the full title before concluding it had been de-indexed. Other than that, I'll leave you to the experts.

snakebabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, you're making the point! Yes, indeed, I do feel I've been having bad luck:(, another older one also was never indexed. I only have less than 50 hubs. I used to be so excited about posting, all my hubs except for the first one got indexed, and very quickly. I don't know what happened to me, what is going on with google these days.

Where are the experts? Are you guys and gals somewhere? Come to a rescue, please! :0

3. profile image0

I checked out the hubs published around that time.

One of them, Usana RESET Diet Kit: Best Low Glycemic Weight Loss Program, appears to consist in large part of content found elsewhere on the internet. Simply copy snippets of text, paste them into a Google search box, and you will see. However, it does appear to be indexed, as my further searches of other snippets of text made it appear on top of the search results.

As for the others, you seem to be having quite a lot of text that it being re-used across your hubs on the same topic. But these hubs appeared to be indexed.

Could be that hubs you think have been de-indexed are in fact there, only they have gone way down. Good luck!

Gee! Let me check out. I tried my best to twist everything, and added stuff of my own, if it still appears to be largely found on the internet, then just let it be. Not sure if that is the reason google doesn't like me:(. but I had 4 100% duplicates of my own writing here, all cooking related, they have been normal since day one. Sigh...my shoulder is in pain now...ooooooo....

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I'm certainly no expert, but I've had some trouble, too. A while back I had a hub that went over 6 weeks without indexing, while others went in and out of being indexed.  I finally gave up and ignore it.  I even had one that I changed the title to and it remained indexed for several weeks under the old title.

The one that took so long, however, had a very similar title to several others I've done.  Different hub, with some differences in title, and only a somewhat similar subject, but it just wouldn't index in spite of nearly 100 links from around HP to it.  Somewhere I came across the "fact" that google doesn't like similar titles from one location, and that may have something to do with it.  I think it was more than 3 similar titles, or something like that, and they wouldn't index it any more.  My own has finally indexed and doing OK, but it took a long time.

If WE is right and much of the information or wording or titles are the same, that might be some of the problem...

It will be interesting to see if anyone else has any help.  Kind of like you, I don't have enough hubs to "lose" a bunch of them!

Thanks! (wish HP make flowers available in the formatting). At least this gives me a bit comfort knowing that I'm not alone in the cold darkness "weeping", hehe

btw, the exact stuff out there on other places was posted by myself, I think I did it after I made sure my HP original was indexed first. Now due to the situation, I (pre-maturely) decided to publish the same hub on Ezinearticles, thinking it's not ranked well anyway so Ezinearticles may do better. Not sure if posting my usana hub such way actually hurt

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, you are definitely not alone.  I spent considerable time trying to work out the problem and finally gave up - I just couldn't find any information, although forums on google might help.  I pretty much ignore it now, and just go ahead and write, assuming it will index eventually.

A side note - I don't how you check for indexing, but you might input the URL in the address bar and see if it comes up.  If the word "cached" is at the bottom, it is indexed.  To search for keywords can be fruitless if it isn't near the top of the list.

You also might want to think twice about posting the same thing elsewhere - HP frowns on it and wants unique content.  I don't think it is actually prohibited, but content here is expected to be unique.

big_smile I will think twice from now on. I'm even thinking about removing at least the one I posted on my blogspot site, if not the one on ezinearticles (not even approved yet, just added). Who knows, maybe google doesn't like it either (guess we humans naturally dislike it too). I post on ezinearticles just so I could have more exposure to promote my other sites. If I have to pick only one, HP is absolutely the one.

My only two christmas related hubs are not doing well at all. I'll back off from the holiday team of fever. I think (hopefully it is proven later) finding unique content is much more important. I don't know how some people get to do well even in competitive areas, but I just don't think I'm capable.

I'm with you, unfortunately - I thought about Xmas hubs, but gave it up - my sales hubs don't do well and it's getting awfully late to write for Christmas anyway.

Nor do I try to compete in a saturated topic area.  I'm not nearly good enough yet (yet) for that.  And I certainly agree that unique content is better.  Nearly all of my "how to" hubs are strictly from me with no research at all.  At most I'll look for some videos and perhaps pick up a trick on the way I hadn't thought of, but it's nearly all from my own personal experience.  I think that's best - let the reader check out the others and get other opinions and such.  I'm only here to give my own, not someone else's.

Don't give up hope, though.  It does indeed take time and the learning curve is steep.  Keep your fingers plodding on that keyboard - it will happen for you!

It feels so much better now - with someone feeling and experienced same pain and struggles. I'll try to do my own things whenever possible, that has to be unique smile. Here are some roses for you ...

5. profile image0

Great post, Wilderness.

Thanks.  I spent more than a few hours on the problem, but that is all I could ever come up with and it did make some sense.  It seems now that I found that tidbit from Edweirdo or Darkside, but I'm not sure at all about that now.

6. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

Snakebaby,
    Do not feel badly about this, because I have experienced the same thing, and so have other writers here.  It's especially disappointing with a couple of hubs that are really some of my best writing.

I'm also beginning to think that I shouldn't write articles that are too similar to each other, but with a slightly different slant.  It hasn't done me any good so far.

And, for heaven's sake, don't make the mistake (if you are new) of writing on a subject that already is over-represented at HubPages.

Have thought enough of that. I'm still relatively new here, haven't wasted too much of my time chasing hot topics, so not too late for me to gear towards you guys/gals' directions big_smile (just yesterday I wanted that piece of meat from Lego toys). Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)