Jets- Giants Super Bowl

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (24 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

I am sure many dont want to even think about this but there is a chance for a Jets-Giants Super Bowl this year. Both New York teams appear to be headed for the playoffs, since they appear to be on track to winning the necessary nine or ten games. But as most football fans know, once a team makes it to the playoffs anything can happen.
    They both play good defense. They are loaded with good receivers. Both teams have decent coaches and they both have shown that they can be resilient and win when they are behind in tough games.

It may be a bit premature to be thinking about this but just the thought of Jets V Giants sends chills up my spine wink

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jets had a very close call today, G-men romped.  If the Colts were at full strength, they would be a good rematch for the Jets in the playoffs...it just isn't meant to be this year.

2. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shari love ya dearly , but I think the Pats might have something to say about that. But in the NFC I do not see a better team then the Giants !

wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tony
        And I love you even more but the Pats. .. .pffffffffffff!

As Rex loves to say .. now that Jets football and just you watch the AFC Eastern Conference as it belongs to the J E T S ..

And that trip to NY may have to be altered to Dallas to see the 2 NY teams go head to head for some SB fun .. .and the beer are on me wink

2. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Wouldn't it be interesting if two teams named "Giants" reign supreme in their respective sports this season?
    I,for one, would be pretty excited.
    (Sorry Ron, I prefer Eli to Peyton).

Mighty Mom .. I concur. Eli is the Manning that may be the most underated in the eyes of the sportswriters and fans (outside of NY) but in a few more years we wont be the only ones whose favorite Manning is Eli.

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
        EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, but Eli isn't under-rated, if anything he is over-rated because of that other Manning.

well maybe not in your eyes Eye . .but it seems everyone is always so hard on little baby bro Eli! In my books . . he is all pro smile

and yes Jets over the Packers for sure!

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

I dont think either team will make it to the super bowl, they both will run out of steam. Honestly its to early to talk super bowl around week 12-14 is perfect for it! The nfc will come down to the wire both ny teams have good defence's but so do other nfc teams!

4. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 13 years ago

I actually predicted this after week 7 - a distinct possibility but there are a lot of teams out there who could upset them both! New Orleans are looking better and better each week....

SimeyC

Not sure where your allegiance is as you are from Jersey it could be south, and you could be an  .. .Iggles fan (hmmmmm hoping not - we have enough of them here on Hubpages! . .

But if you are Gangreen or Big Blu,

Wouldnt that be just the greatest ever to see the Jets and the Giants in the Super Bowl ? Talk about making history!!!

1. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wavegirl: LOL Well I'm a little bit of an enigma - I came over from England 14 years ago and no one told me that I wasn't supposed to like all the local teams - so I actually like Giants, Jets and the shhhhhh Eagles! I prefer the Eagles probably, but cheered the Giants to a great superbowl victory two years ago!

I'd love a Jets Giants Superbowl!!!!

SimeyC

I must have had a senior moment cause now that you mention it. . I remember you told me this last season. .

You are a good one. . .and I must tell you I dont comment often enough but I love your Hubs!

5. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

That would be nice Shari. I love history, more than that, I love football.... And Steelers is still ready to compete -- Let us see after a dozen mroe games, it will become clearer.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

half a dozen more games should be - LOL>..

2. wavegirl22 profile image47

Maita - even though in the long run I may regret this as I have to agree with Hugh Williamson. . just for you I will root for the Steelers tonight .. but then again they wont need much to eat the Bengals !!!

6. Hugh Williamson profile image77
    Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years ago

I think that the road to the AFC championship will have to go through Pittsburgh. I'm not a Steelers fan but it's hard to find many weak spots on that team.

7. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

I am still not certain either team will be there...but the Jets have a better chance than the Giants...

mtsi1098

How is it that the Jets have a better chance than the Giants?

Have you not seen the Giants playing the last weeks?

8. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

I'll stick with my preseason prediction of the Jets over the Packers.

9. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Trick question for you Shari, who would you throw your support behind if it did come down to a Jets - Giants Superbowl?

Not a trick question but a definite hard question, it certainly has the makings of an incredible Hub for it would take alot of thinking to answer this question. That is, if it were to happen.  Not sure where I could put my heart, but I could tell you one thing, the heart would be over filled with joy to see my 2 very favorite teams play in the Super Bowl. Though I have to admit that before Rex Ryan came to NY to coach the Jets, I was a non Jet fan. They broke my heart big time back in the 80's. and I did not watch, cheer or care very much for them . .. but then came Rex, and he gave the Jets their swagger back.
      And I am loving me some Rex big time since he arrived. Like I said I could go on and on  . .I might even have to do a spreadsheet smile

So sorry I have no answer for you now. Its just a hard, very hard question, hopefully in the weeks to come the answer to your tricky question may just be revealed, but for now I get to enjoy a double header every week. What other city can boast of 2 great NFL teams to root for! Geez I am a lucky girl wink

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have another look at your response Shari, I think you answered my question beautifully wink

I certainly know my response would be very similar as it is - a very difficult question to answer smile

And I agree there is nothing and I do not pity those who do not understand that appreciation of a beloved football code is a religious experience, it certainly is for me with Australian Rules Football.

Roll on March 2011 and the new season!!!!!

Well Jase, that means come March when the NFL is all said and done (and one of the NY teams bring the Lombardi trophy home) you can start filling me in on Australian Football rules and stradegy . .for I am pretty confident I might like the game (and with the NFL on sabbatical I will need to fill my time with a good sport)since so many of you guys from Oz seem to be as crazy for that sport as us Yanks are of the NFL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)