Would all interested fiction writers kindly post a comment?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 13 years ago

I'm here to read and share fiction. I'm looking for the same sort of people, especially if they are interested in giving and receiving constructive feedback. Thanks.
    -Chris

1. Stories Inc. profile image64
      Stories Inc.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Present! smile I'm looking for the same thing to improve my writing.

2. profile image0
      Longhunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Count me in!

3. profile image59
      boblet42posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello Christopher I am new to the Hub, I only got into computing to write about things that me & my grandson did together. or the odd adventure on my barge, I sent a short synopsis to the sunday people of one trip, they printed it. I need all the help I can get but will not pay for it, no way, even when you go to web sites purporting to be free money is soon requested.

4. sammyfiction profile image59
      sammyfictionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Totally in smile I love a good story >.<

5. wcoffeechick profile image61
      wcoffeechickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I am Shelia. I am a writer/mom, or more likely the other way around. I write fiction. Romance novels, children's stories. I am considering a new route and have been working on a new piece called, Shades Of Deception."  It's about the tables getting turned on a sociopath, when he stalks and tries to attack his next would be victem. Something very different for me. I write insirationa romance for he most part. I would love critiques on my writing and any advice would be helpful. Check out my profile for Info:)

6. tmbridgeland profile image80
      tmbridgelandposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm Tom. I plan to start putting chapters of my novel here on HubPages in hopes that people will enjoy it. My best writing to date is currently being flogged around to traditional literary agents. What I am putting here will be my next full novel.
      I also do full edits and proofreading for fellow members/friends of my on-line writers group, YALITCHAT. See you all around.

7. LeslieAdrienne profile image71
      LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm in.....

8. tmbridgeland profile image80
      tmbridgelandposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For those who write Middle Grade and Young Adult fiction, YALITCHAT is a great group.

My first chapter was posted yesterday, and is getting good traffic from inside HubPages. I'm happy.

9. MartieCoetser profile image69
      MartieCoetserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please count me in. In the meanwhile I do what you've asked.

I post -

"A COMMENT"

smile smile

I'm looking forward to the reads.

10. jennshon4 profile image61
      jennshon4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a great idea, I'm definitely in!  I used to post here a lot (not fiction, mostly environmental based articles) but stepped away to write 2 novels.  Structuring those books has gotten me interested in flash type fiction again and any critique would be wonderful!  Off to follow everyone now yea :-)

11. Falsor Wing profile image61
      Falsor Wingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I R interested... What do?

2. profile image51
    stacy25posted 13 years ago

I am a fiction writer. I wrote a juvenile fiction book for children 9 to 12 years old and it is now on amazonand bn and other sites. I would love to give feedback and get feedback myself.

3. Christopher Floyd profile image60

Well, that's the first five - including me.
    I've been on Hubpages about 9 months. I've gotten plenty of feedback but no real constant readers (that I'm aware of). I'm looking to be a part of a group somewhere between an online writing group and a mutually assured readership. Compatible writing interests, honest criticism, and the friendly anonymity that allows for both. I like Hubpages a great deal, but writers need a way to get feedback on their work without nullifying their ability to submit to publishers. I'm looking to get to know a group of people - what they read, what they write, what else they do - and then build a base to bounce ideas and stories off of; and to be a part of that base for others. If anyone is interested in this, please post something about yourself below.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You might be better off joining a site specific to your genre.  The forums will be geared to your interest.  Crimespace.ning is good for mystery, thriller, crime fiction.  Great discussion over there.

4. Stories Inc. profile image64
    Stories Inc.posted 13 years ago

I'd love to, I only started out on HubPages two weeks ago. I really want constant readers and honest constructive criticism, but I'm not sure I'm such a good critic myself. I'm not very good with comments.
    I'd like to keep my name, age and gender etc. to myself, but I can say that I read a lot, mostly canonical and some of the more popular fiction of the day. I read and heard a lot about literature as well, having studied it (I have a bachelor degree in English and Dutch Literature and Linguistics and a master's in Western Literature, but I always went about studying focusing on what would benefit my writing, listening to the courses from the perspective of a writer rather than a reader or critic).
    I hope that's enough information.

5. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

*waves furiously*  Hi!  I also do fiction and I know that my dear friend Website Examiner is one too!  There are lots of talented people on HubPages, I am sure many will love to participate smile

1. jeri741 profile image61
      jeri741posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love to read fcton I'll be adding you all so I can see when you post new stories...and  wll try to gve comments..you all have a new reader here

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

check out my piddle in the hole series - the truth mushroom always gets lots of hits!

*no self promotion here! lol*

2. Stories Inc. profile image64
        Stories Inc.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jeej, glad to have you. Thanks!

6. sandi10 profile image61
    sandi10posted 13 years ago

Hi, i would like to, i have two writing that i would like feedback on and help to turn them into full novels. :0)

7. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Sounds exciting. Thanks for mentioning me, my dear friend Shazwellyn. I do critiques. Allow me also to mention Fiction Factory here on HubPages, which runs an active manuscript critique circle. Anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Christopher Floydposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Website Examiner,
      Are you offering to become part of a writing group or are you offering services for pay?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I can help you with critique, coordination, or anything else, then I am at your disposal. I never charge for critiques or the other things mentioned.

Christopher Floydposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay, thanks for answering. I read one of your hubs and was curious.

8. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

I have published a novel and 1 short story.
    Working on more fiction.
    Count me in.

9. nighthag profile image82
    nighthagposted 13 years ago

I've always loved to write, I am currently working on editing my first paranormal romance novel, at the same time I am writing short stories to post on line in the hopes of having my fiction read, meet other writers and learn along the way as the creative process is a never ending journey best shared with others smile

10. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Martie Coetser is a very gifted writer in her own right. She should not only give critiques, but be offered to receive them as well. I think she is too modest to point this out in her "comment."

11. hoodieweather profile image60
    hoodieweatherposted 13 years ago

I wrote a few hubs here about a year ago. I'm going to start writing here again. Cheers! big_smile

12. Christopher Floyd profile image60

I should say something about myself. I have a hard time categorizing the fiction I write. Plenty of it is crime or thriller-type stuff. Some of it is military or spy vs. spy oriented. Some of it is what you see on here, though I have yet to post a full length story. I haven't settled on the right one. I find myself writing for market more than I would like. I'm working on a sci-fi short story for an anthology right now. At the moment I only have one submission out (going on 128 days now without a response. AARRGH!!!) and it's closer to horror than anything else.
    And in any case... I'm glad to see there is a fair representation of fiction writers on here. I'll make a point of visiting your hubs and commenting.

13. Alayne Fenasci profile image61
    Alayne Fenasciposted 13 years ago

I write lots of things, but fiction is the one I struggle with most. I have written a few pieces of fiction that I'm happy with, and I'd write more of them if I felt more confident in what I'm doing. I have several things in the works at any given time. Right now, I have a murder crime tale that's stuck. In high school, I wrote fantasy. In college, I wrote romance. After that, I wrote some rather generic fiction. Now, I just flounder. I think a group of people generating ideas and commentary is exactly what I need. I hesitated to answer this because I have a hard time considering myself a fiction writer, but I figured that genuine effort toward writing fiction (done well or not) might be qualification enough.

14. KristenGrace profile image59
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

I would probably fit into this mix as well... I have quite the love for fiction, I read constantly, not only here at HubPages (my obsession for 2 months now!) but also published novels.  I enjoy discovering both new talent and those who are already established.
    Here at HP, I'll write about pretty much anything but am quite excited to have published my novel Letting Go and am eager to get more feedback on this piece of work. smile

15. MissE profile image77
    MissEposted 13 years ago

I love fiction.  I have yet to try writing one that I've shared with others.  I'd love to read good fiction stories and might try one of my own.

16. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 13 years ago

Well I am not a writer well not of anything that I could possibly share for others to read! But I do love a good read and fiction is my favorite genre... So lay it on me I will read and let you know what I think!wink wink smiley

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)