In love?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)
  1. katiem2 profile image62
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Recently I've been writing a great deal on the topic of love.  I've been inspired to hear from many who relate and are in love. 

If you're in love give a shout out providing evidence that love does exist and is amazing to those who are still in waiting and wondering about love.  Is True love, Falling in love and staying in love indeed fact of fiction?

1. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Read This Hub called: 'This Sensuous Language of Love' and decide if love exists throughout life or not.
      I don't mean to self promote... but I did intend to answer your question.... and this should help with your answer. smile

katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Pearldiver!  I will smile

2. TamCor profile image76
      TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not fiction at all, as some others on here have said, too!

And I agree that really, REALLY falling in love means you never fall "out" of it.

I've told my story many times on here, so I won't get into it again, lol, but 22 years after marrying my husband(hubber Tom Cornett), we still love each other so much...and he still makes me turn to jelly inside when he smiles at me...  big_smile

And we've never, ever raised out voices in anger at each other, in all those years--and that's something we're very proud of. smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Katie,

I'm not presently in love with anyone, but I still feel love for people. The reason I'm not in love with anyone is because I'm single.

A while back I wrote a short hub about "What Is Love?", to answer Mighty Mom's question in the questions section. Quite a few people took on that task, so I had to make the URL about the "emotion". That just means, my title isn't exactly "What is love?", but "What is the emotion Love?".

I'm more incline to remember when I was "in" love with someone is a very unique feeling and it was never a miss when we were together. People always say that you fall in and out of love, and from my experience, I wouldn't call it true love. I would call it a misunderstanding of the emotion.

But, then again, I would also think that the feeling and people's understanding would vary from person to person, because of many reasons, (a) wisdom, (b)knowledge(education) and (c)experiences.

Just my thoughts on it. smile

Thanks Cagsil smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3623943_f260.jpg

love is all around and within..

I agree!  smile

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

My heart has been pretty smashed up in failed relationships, but I do believe in love. I think we have to become what we seek. We can't depend on another person to become what we seek until we are willing to become exactly that. And so, we become the answer to our problem, but in so doing, I think we attract other like-minded people, and when a romance blooms, it does seem to be satisfying. How far it will go we can't determine. There is only here and now.

As a result, I've met a lot of fascinating people because I've tried to be open to love all along. But for now, I'm single, and enjoying that part. Perhaps a romantic love will happen again. I don't really know. But I'm happy becoming what I seek, and it feels right for me.

I love it, "we must become what we seek"  INDEED!  smile

5. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Falling in love and out of love is a funny thought to me.. You either love a person or don't.
    If you love a person, it is a commitment for life, so you go all out to make it work..
    The question of falling (LOL)out does not arise at all.
    There are good times and difficult times and we just need to work through the tough ones.
    I am in love, have been for the last almost twenty years and the love and respect that we have had for each other just grows day after day...because we work hard at loving each other! smile

I have written a poem on our love 'Valentine's day - Its been two decades now!' It may let you lots more...

Cool, VERY cool, Thanks smile

6. Rajab Nsubuga profile image60
    Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years ago

You can not fall in love and get out of it! Once that happens it means it was anything but love. Love is one aspect that combines the body, mind and the soul. You might fall in love and then part ways but the imprints last for a life time.

The unfortunate part of falling in love or to be more decent 'being in love', is that it takes two to tangle. In most cases love does not make appointments. That we are always ready and know what to expect. So because of this we always "grow" in love.

During this time of "growth", that when we find out whether we are compatible or not. In most cases we are not, and that is when we part ways or compromise. In the 2nd category of rejection we try to "keep faces." Which is why most couples are more of "friends" than "lovers."

Does love exist? Yes, it does but only in the 'heat of a moment.'

Great to hear from you on LOVE!  smile

7. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

Am I In Love?  Yes.  It is something I practice everyday. 

I don't know that true love is falling in love and staying in love.   My emotions change about as fast as the weather in Wyoming, so I would never trust them to tell me anything of importance.  smile

I think true love has more to do with a decision to treat the other person right and to act in a loving manner.

I saw a quote that summarized how I feel  about things, it said "You know you're happily married if your worst day with your spouse is better than your best day without them."

"True love is when you put the other person's wants, needs, and feelings before your own. True love is putting the other person first."

Very touching and so true, thanks smile

8. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I think it comes down to relationships. how we feel about ourselves is often reflected in how we treat others and how others treat us. maybe it's not so much about falling in or out of 'love', but changing how we think about ourselves?  if someone says, I don't love him anymore, I think it's more, I don't love how I feel when I'm with him anymore.  I think sometimes we confuse love with relationships. we can have relationships without love, but we can't have love without relating to someone or life itself.

this past weekend was my son's wedding and his father in law was giving advice in his father of the bride toast, I thought it was beautiful,

friends ~
    forgive ~
    forget ~
    forever ~

There's some powerful truth to this and it may just be bigger than we think.  It's what's inside you and how you feel about yourself that allow you to love fully.  Thanks for the uplifting comment!  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)