Have I Sold My Soul?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

When I first started on Hubpages I was a fresh faced young idealist, interested in words for their own sake, the ebb and flow of thoughts and ideas, a romanticism born of energy and a symbiotic empathy with nature and nurture - a yin and yang of expression versus content - my chakras in one with an inner, but sometimes outer being.

Now I'm a hard nosed marketeer. Rock on. Result.

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It doesnt have to be like that!  You dont HAVE to be on the dark side of the force.  Keep your symbiotic empathy and feel the love, write the love and spread the love smile

2. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Somehow I do not quite believe you.

Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What gave it away?  Was it the chakras?

1. Pcunix profile image91

Nope. It was the "Rock on".  Where were the chakras?

You scan reader you.

Oh, chakras.  I thought it said "crackers".   Always better to keep the crackers inside - they itch so otherwise.

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To whom do you think you might've sold it to?

1. Reality Bytes profile image76
        Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think he is pondering on putting his soul up for sale to Mammon!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
          paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He could try ebay; though I still think renting is better...

You should at least require a lease?  lol

1. profile image0
              kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. profile image0
            kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd imagine that would be the God Of Marketing. Can't think of any other more suitable candidate. Or maybe he flung it into the ether, right along with his ideas about making money is easy as pie - no effort, no sweat.

@ Mark - welcome to the club. You're in good company. Though being a Stickman - you're entirely unique smile

4. Twyler (Crazy T) profile image60
      Twyler (Crazy T)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

WOW. I must have a reading comprehension problem because I have NO IDEA what you’re saying. NONE. Makes me feel kinda stupid tho, since others seem to be reading you just fine here.  What am I missing? What is a "Marketeer"?  And what does this mean, "my chakras in one with an inner, but sometimes outer being."

You read it wrong.

It's "My sneakers were in one hand but my otter was still peeing".

Or at least that's what I get when I speed read it again.

2. mega1 profile image78
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

think he meant "my chakras AT one with inner, but sometimes outer being"  not that it means a damn thing at all!  but possibly he was saying "I've found peace. My chakras are all aligned and my energy is flowing with superb righteous exactitude. Giving me goose bumps! all day long!"

2. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

You can have two accounts; one where you're a 'hard nosed marketeer', and one where you're ... well, as Shazwellyn described.

3. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

My goodness - what a change for only a few short weeks.
    big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

My two readers tell me it feels much much longer than that.

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

3 readers Mark.
        I read the sales pitch aimed at we male panic buyers and met myself. lol

You have a good sense of humor. Not sure how much the hub will make though.

You talked me out of ever going in a shop again, even for food!

Thanks earnest, I need to work on you.  I feel a lingerie sale coming on.

4. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Have I Sold My Soul?"

Nah, you are just renting it.smile

5. I am DB Cooper profile image62
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

As long as your friends and family can't tell the difference between your two personalities, you should be fine. Just try to mix in some fun stuff on occasion, otherwise you'll burn out. I usually check out the forums on days when I don't feel like writing anything.

6. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Writers have souls?

He should have said "tortured soul".  It's OK to have that.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  News to me!  That explains my small modicum of success, no doubt!  My wife tortures my soul regularly!  I didn't realize it helped my writing, though!  Thanks Honey!

7. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Just curious, how much did you get for your soul?

hey brenda, how are you?   smile

8. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

my soul is not worth beans - I found this out when I was really young so I haven't had to worry about that any.

crackers - ? what about inner crackers?  what was that?  you are all crackers!  meaning whacko~!

9. Reality Bytes profile image76
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

http://www.energeticsforhealth.com/Chakra_Meridian_Energetic_c.jpeg

10. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Now that is an avatar…

You can have it?

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Alas, I am not worthy...smile

2. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Do you actually have to sell your soul or can you rent it out as Randy said? Its like making a Deal wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)