Palin Announced On CNN She Can Beat President Obama in 2012 Election

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Jezzzz profile image45
    Jezzzzposted 13 years ago

The story hit the airways that Palin said that she could beat President Obama in the 2012 Presidential Election.  What do you think..  Can she do it?

1. pylos26 profile image69
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can pigs fly?

2. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

By 2012, Obama will be sooo unpopular, even his own party won't want him to run, and he won't. Palin would beat him hands down! She's smarter and way more personable!

1. livelonger profile image87
        livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, a lot of people agree with you completely.

Unfortunately for you, not nearly enough.

2. Paul Wingert profile image61
        Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lady_love158 must be a psychic.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image61
          uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are Democrat Senators distancing themselves from President Hussein or is it Shining Handsome, no matter.  Claire McCaskill from Missouri and Jim Webb from Virginia are pulling away from Shining Handsome with their eyes firmly fixed on their own re-elections in 2012, not his.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … ss-it.html

Not many truly conservative newspapers in the UK, especially in the American vein.

3. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if she can, but I'm sure someone can.

4. profile image51
      Silverfox9999posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do not know whether Palin would beat Obama. What I know is that Palin and the Tea Party would not hesitate to beat him  up!

Palin vs. Obama . That is no match! Obama is extremely intelligent;he is a polished gentleman; he is very witty and  very eloquent. Palin ...let's
      see..she is ...eh,eh,eh,eh  an expert at moosing.....and eh,eh,eh.....
      good at...good at...good at.........let's see.... good at .....I got it..
      TEA PARTYING!

Ministers of heaven defend us! Palin as a president!

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I think a dumbfounded cat in my neighborhood could win an Election over both of them. Does that help?

Palin has trouble staying out of her own way, much less get in the way of someone else getting elected to office.

Obama won't win re-election and She won't win, so I guess that puts some other schmuck into office. hmm

3. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 13 years ago

Obama has time to repair his image and redeem himself with his followers. There are a lot of issues going on right now that need to be addressed and if he doesn't step in and address them he's out and a Republican will replace him.

As for Palin.  She has a large following but Repubs were hesitant to elect her as VP so I don't see her ever getting elected POTUS. And if the Tea Party decides to go with their own caucus they will do great damage to the Republican party and the Dems will win against a split party.  IMO of course.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do agree with your assessment.

Palin simply cannot be taken seriously. The Tea Party will possibly do more damage to the Republican platform and Dems have a very good chance of redeeming themselves. Of course, there's always the issue of corporate money and who has the most. only time will tell.

4. b. Malin profile image67
    b. Malinposted 13 years ago

I think Mitt Romney will be the Republican Nominee...and Palin will continue with her reality show.  I think Romney will win in 2012...and Obama will go back to Chicago.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Could be interesting if Trump also enters the race smile

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The dynamics for the 2012 presidential race are unique. The GOP/TeaParty are ulrta-conservative. Moderate used-to-be republicans are registered independents, which means they won't get to vote for the GOP candidate.

IMO, that means Romney is out.  The TP movement has two major factions, the libertarians (who will  push for Ron Paul) and the evangelicals who will want Sarah Palin. The GOP establishment would love Romney or Rudy what's-his-name from NY.  But the moderates who might vote for an establishment candidate sit out the GOP primary They are independents and can't select the GOP candidate..  By my estimate, the evangelicals are more numerous than the libertarians - so Sarah Palin will get the nod.

If you saw the gallup poll that Habee posted last week, Palin's numbers are in the toilet for the general election - but she has an 80% favorable rating with republicans. As I read the tea leaves, she can and WILL get the GOP nomination and she should do her celebrating then, because her chances evaporate like the proverbial  snowball in hell after that.

1. EPman profile image61
        EPmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you on the division occurring in the Tea Party between a more Libertarian-leaning base and the Evangelicals. These differences seem to stem from social issues more-so than economic. Everyone in the Tea Party agrees on limited taxes and small government rhetoric, but on topics such as gay rights, the War on Drugs, freedom of religion, and privacy there is a definitive split. Perhaps the biggest battle going on in the Tea Party is over the War on Terrorism (and the subsequent categories of social issues that are derived from it), with some conservative up-and-comers stepping up in opposition to our overseas empire. This obviously defies the GOP-establishment position, which has made itself notorious and unpopular for being pro-war. If the Republican Party wants an instant boost of credibility across the board, they should adopt a non-interventionist foreign policy.

In my opinion.

6. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

Trump wouldn't win the nomination because he has zero political experience and he has credibilty issues. It would be like Bill Gates runing. It's way too early to tell what the atmosphere will be like in 2012 and I'm not a psychic and I'm not going to make predictions. Although Palin can't be taken serioulsy and she has both serious, oh man! SERIOUS credibity issues and lack of political experience. Her only experience politically, if you can call it that, is being a mayor of some hick Alaskain town of about 1200 and quitting her governor's job to make some money.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about Palin. She might have to beat Joe Biden instead.

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
        Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I seriously doubt that.

7. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

who would possibly confess in public that they had voted for SP?

8. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Looks like anyone will be able to beat Obama in 2012, providing he dares to compete at all lol

9. uncorrectedvision profile image61
    uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years ago

This conversation reminds me of things said about Ronald Reagan around 1977.  He wasn't considered a serious candidate.  His supporters were dismissed as a little loony.  He was dismissed and still is by the benighted, as unintelligent or gaff prone or too extreme.  Sarah Palin was supposed to have been finished long before now if one listens to the "smart" class.  Don't mis-understimate her - to paraphrase another underestimated, two term victor.

Reagan completed two terms as governor of California, the largest and most complex state in the country.

Palin couldn't finish half of one of the most underpopulated ones.

She would be toast in the general election.

Regardless, RR was dismissed by the smart set as a dullard, as was George W. Bush, who also successfully completed two terms as governor in Texas, another large and complex state. The point, apparently I didn't state it plainly enough.  Republican Presidential victors have frequently been dismissed as dumb, dull, too this or too that.  It is a convention that one would be ill advised to pursue with Palin.

As an aside, governorships are not all equal.  Some are more powerful than others.  Currently,  the California Governor is one of the weakest and Alaska's the strongest.

I hope this sort of spin continues. It only works on about 1/3 of the country.

I didn't realize I was spinning anything.  I am not advocating for Palin.   I am saying that it is always a mistake to underestimate anyone.   This translates into any area of competition.  It is an unwise practice always - there are very few always in life - to underestimate the opposition.  Hillary did and Obama beat her.  If one were to objectively look at Obama's "qualifications" for the presidency it is unlikely one would have chosen him to win.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you comparing Sarah Palin to Ronald Reagan? I am not a Reagan fan but Sarah Palin isn't fit to lick his shoes. And something tells me he would agree.

I said nothing about Palin in comparison to Reagan. If you read carefully.  I am comparing how the prospects, ability and supporters of each have been described by his/her detractors.

It is unfair to compare other politicians to Reagan because Reagan, by the time he was elected, had been successful and unsuccessful in multiple careers.  He was the most thoughtful political philosopher in the presidency since Lincoln.  Reagan bares comparison to Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln because of his personal biography and his intellectual embrace of the philosophy of the Revolution.

10. Jezzzz profile image45
    Jezzzzposted 13 years ago

So we have one person who thinks Palin MAY have a chance.  I am not taking sides but politics is strange.

11. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 13 years ago

Did you know Palin or Obama 3 years ago? I'd venture to say that very few people did. 

No other Dem is going to beat out Obama in 12' the party has too much invested in him. 

If the Tea Party holds their own Caucus which is a good possibility they will probably nominate Palin to run and they will also cause a split in the Republican party thereby weakening it and no amount of corporate money will fix that error.

Expect to hear the terms Fascism and Communism over the next 2 years and neither party wants to be associated with that so look for a moderate/centrist candidate to win the nomination to go against Obama.  Palin does not fit that bill so if the Republican party does not split don't expect to see her get the nomination. She'll be used to rally the base and raise funds.  I'd say keep an eye on Rick Snyder, Governor Elect of Michigan.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you think SP will 'rally the base and raise funds' if she's not the queen of the prom?  She thinks she has more power than any other candidate in the GOP. Her performance in '08 says she won't play well with the party machine - who you think can put her in harness for the establishment.

Before the GOP drove out the moderate wing, she would HAVE to play nice, because evangelicals (and that's her qualification, if you think it is one) were a faction of the GOP base. Now the religious wing dominates the GOP and the political pros are trying to figure out how to grab back the wheel.

12. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Meanwhile, daughter Bristol moves on in Dancing with the Stars, having beat out singer Brandi.
    The commentary I heard from a ballroom dancing expert seriously questioned Bristol's win.
    Not for anything... I couldn't help but wonder if there's politics going on there, as well....

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80

All the conservative blogs are telling people to vote lots of times for her smile

1. Anolinde profile image82
        Anolindeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And now Bristol is getting death threats ...

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Says who? Silly if it's true...

2. JOE BARNETT profile image61
          JOE BARNETTposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you saw her dance or rather her lack of dance you would understand. it was pitiful. she just walked and fanned her dress. it was funny. it was embarrasing to watch. this morning mrs bush said sarah palin needs to stay in alaska.

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

13. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

I like her as a person.  Wouldn't want her as a president.

14. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Are you sure she wasn't thinking of a 2012 distraction?

Oh, did you hear that she said she would run for president if nobody else does? But, not if anyone else did? What the hell does that mean?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)