A noob's first successful week

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. eshwar_1989 profile image67
    eshwar_1989posted 13 years ago

Here I am, day 6 of joining hubpages. I'm just writing here to let new comers and beginners like me to know that the hub system is working out pretty well than I expected. For the first week what I learned was more than what I contributed for this community and I believe I am inspired by a lot of success stories. Few of the followers who liked me, encouraged me to write more. With around 6 hubs I've got around 127 views of all the topics for the 6th day I believe it's good average. And I really like the response of hubbers reaching out to help to develop each other’s respectively. Thank you all for your support. I'll soon be updating my success throughout hubpages. I was happy when one of the hubbers commented on my hubs the 4th day. It was very kind and heartwarming. Thank you guys. Love you all.

1. libby101a profile image61
      libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome! I wish you great success!

2. sarovai profile image72
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to hubpages. All the best for learning and writing and earning. smile

3. Avamum profile image81
      Avamumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome from another newbie.  This is a great place to learn about writing online, writing in general, and to interact with other writers - both new and experienced.  All the best in your endeavors!

4. Rochelle Frank profile image92
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are starting with an upbeat and positive attitude which will help you succeed.
      One of the quotes in your profle is "If you wanna play, you gotta pay". That is often true, but HubPages is free smile . You do have to invest some time and work, but it looks like you are willing to do that. Good luck!

2. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Congrats for you for having some good positive confidence with you. Regularly visit forum, here you can find and clear your doubts. All the best.

1. thismamaworksit profile image61
      thismamaworksitposted 13 years ago

Welcome I am a newbie too! Congrats!

2. lindajot profile image67
      lindajotposted 13 years ago

I am finding it a positive and rewarding place to hang out and enjoy writing.  Welcome!

3. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

Congrats! Keep it up

4. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years ago

welcome this is the best place to be.. smile

5. Rosie2010 profile image66
      Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Well done, newbie!  I'm a newbie myself. lol Just been here a month and still learning.  Unlike you, I didn't ask for help.. I didn't know how.  I just starting pounding the keyboard.  I did the 30hubs in 30days challenge.  It was tough for me.  I didn't have time to socialized in forums.. I didn't even know about the forums! lol I thought if I did the 30hubs in 30days challenge, the door to heaven will open for me. Not a chance.  Now I am learning.. So good for you that you are reaching out.  I wish all the best.  Hubpages is a very good site.

Have a nice day!
      Rosie

1. KristenGrace profile image60
        KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rosie, what a genuine reply to this forum post - You are such a thoughtful person smile

I was much like Rosie when I started, although I did hop about the forums and other hubs a bit, but I truly plunged into the challenge.  Anyway, welcome to HP !

6. eshwar_1989 profile image67
      eshwar_1989posted 13 years ago

Guys thanks for your warm welcome smile day 30 smile and i have 14 hubs. And a traffic total of 538 views wink not much i guess. But still I'm slowly getting the nick of it. I earned 11 cents in this month that was through impressions and one click i got smile Hope this develops through time with much more valuable hubs smile

1. andyoz profile image87
        andyozposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been here three weeks now.  In the first two weeks I published about 15 hubs and had around 500 total views.  They I struck gold with one  lucky hub that is now getting me around 750 views a day!  I'm not earning that much off it as the CPC seems to be quite low, but still, it;s very encouraging. 

After three weeks on the site I have around 4000 clicks.  I am hoping the sucess will continue and I'll start to make some money soon.

1. eshwar_1989 profile image67
          eshwar_1989posted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow, you truly have a good start sir smile keep updating your progress smile love to hear people succeeding on hubpages smile

2. profile image0
          TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have started nicely, Keep it up. What I think is you have 4000 views and not clicks.

1. andyoz profile image87
            andyozposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah yes, sorry, views not clicks!  That would be impressive if I had managed that.

7. sam24354 profile image60
      sam24354posted 13 years ago

I am excited to see how things go with you.  I just started a couple of days ago, so I am also new.  I will be looking forward to reading your hubs.  Do you have any advice you can give me on how you became so successful so quickly?

8. DerekWrite profile image60
      DerekWriteposted 13 years ago

Congrats, sounds like you are on your way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)