What are the benefits of getting married?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (33 posts)
  1. dawnM profile image57
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

Part of reality hub series, your answer may be used in the next reality hub.

1. profile image0
      woolman60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Respect, communication, trust, and a smile that’s says I love you for being you, I am very lucky to find a women who I want to spend my life with., and after twenty years, I can honestly say, I love her more now than ever.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

Benefits....not sure if I can consider benefits; some will.  I got married because I had a belief, felt that we were making a commitment for a lifetime to each other rather than just a legal commitment.  Otherwise just live together.  As well, followed tradition.  I was wrong...it was complicated though.  Doubt if I'd marry again.

3. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Flightkeeper actually wrote very interesting point of view on this topic:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Save-While-Trav … -Advantage

Lots of stuff I've never thought about.  Probably because I've been married so long.

4. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

I am not married but and unsure whether I ever will. It all depends I guess, I certainly would take my vows very serious indeed.

1. samboiam profile image60
      samboiamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You must not have met a man as wonderful as my wife did. lol

1. blondepoet profile image66
        blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh agreed, she a lucky woman Sambo. Yahooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I still have hope then! smile

Always Logic always smile

3. profile image0
      blake4dposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Marry me BP. I will take it very seriously indeed. Wink wink. smile

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Hi Deb smile

Не ходите девки замуж
    Ничего хорошего
    Встанешь утром - сиськи набок
    И пизда взъерошена lol

Я надеюсь так
      любите Вас Mish. xo

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj297/elisa92/206F121.jpg

6. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

It eliminates dating problems.

7. Ben Evans profile image64
    Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

A deduction.  big_smile

It is more of commitment to a relationship.

8. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 13 years ago

Well, as I recover from my broken leg, it's been nice having my husband around to take care of me ;-)

9. dinkan53 profile image71
    dinkan53posted 13 years ago

Marriage life is like driving a vehicle. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it!!!

10. USMCwifey09 profile image62
    USMCwifey09posted 13 years ago

Companionship, definitely. Plus too my husband's quite literally my best friend. It was easy saying "I do".

1. profile image53
      mohashposted 13 years agoin reply to this

SO MANY BENEFITS -  PHYSICALLY AND  PSYCOLOGYCALLY

PUTS YOU IN RIGHT PATH -

GIVES YOU A FEELING OF SUPPORT

ONLY AND ONLY IF,   YOU A  GET A GOOD & SENSIBLE WIFE

OTHERWISE................................so many disadvantatges

1. dinkan53 profile image71
        dinkan53posted 13 years agoin reply to this

................................ If you really experienced the disadvantages, please explain us.

2. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All the wives automatically get put in the right path but men have to find the right wife for it? lol

11. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

sex
    companionship
    someone to get rid of bugs
    someone to take care of
    someone to take care of me
    home repairs
    two incomes
    tax break

And the biggest reason of all...LOVE!!

1. optimus grimlock profile image59
      optimus grimlockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i WAS THINKING OF A REPLY LIKE THIS BUT YOU BEAT ME TO IT! i AGREE 100%

12. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Research found out that men who are married die older than their counterparts, and financially both are better off, insurance, joined assets, in the long run according to the study even if the marriage has ups and downs it has more advantages, and it still helps to marry

I wrote a hub about this

and personally "It is good to belong to someone" and feel that you are loved, somebody to be with and to feel love, and to give and share love, we are born to be with somebody,,,

13. Spacey Gracey profile image38
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Being married makes it so much harder to walk away, so you are more inclined to put up with the tough times, and stay together.  So on the plus side, many couples can remain happily married for many many years, with just a few tough times. On the down side, the difficulty in walking away from a marriage makes some couple stay together when they really shouldn't- when they are really hurting each other.

14. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

getting married solves your so many social problems and also inter-personal problem.
    its how you perceive the relationship.

15. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

if you are close with your spouse's family, there will be more people who will say nice things about you are your funeral....

when you kill yourself because you can't take being married abymore

16. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Great minds, Opti!

17. profile image0
    askpowersposted 13 years ago

... so many benefits... smile

18. megs78 profile image59
    megs78posted 13 years ago

well, the wedding was awesome!  we will never forget it and how enjoyable it was.  thats a plus.  and we like belonging to each other.  we're a team and we rely on each other without doubting if we will be supported.  and we love each other a lot.  there is something incredible about being married to the one you love.  hard to put to words.  of course we are not immune to problems and tough times, but we get through them and we work at it.  love being married.  honestly.

19. Devon S profile image60
    Devon Sposted 13 years ago

The opportunity to share your life with someone at the highest level of commitment.

Like the saying goes "For Better or Worse" smile

20. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 13 years ago

Getting married is easy. Staying married is nearly impossible. Our society is too damned complicated now. There are too many expectations and the couple is bombarded with external nonsense. It always comes down to money and lifestyle. Gotta have this and gotta have that. The focus is no longer on each other but on trying to survive in a very threatening world. So the couple is beat down and, over time, is reduced to two incoherent and babbling nonentities who have no idea why they got married in the first place.
       So what are the benefits of getting married? I no longer have any idea.

21. profile image51
    Stephynichole0619posted 13 years ago

The Biggest Secret about Relationships is knowing Yourselves Wholey 1st and Then *DEALING FROM THE INSIDE*. It is the Ultimate Answer. As you can see from other responses, outsiders know Nothing about Your relationship, just their own Good or Bad experiences. Other people are bias to their Own experiences with relationships. So if you Know Yourself well enough, & your spouse knows Theirself well enough, then you must be asking this question to them. Others will Always be a distraction. Focus on whats Real in Your Life, not others'. My fiance Always posts our business on Facebook, talks to his family and friends about Everything or mere Strangers. They only hear His side and Most of them have been divorced so of Course they will Always tell him to leave. This is why i will not marry him, because hes not a Strong enough person on the inside to think for himself or confront Me with his concerns. YOu will be ONE if you get married so if you dont like to think of it that way dont get married. YOu would never go to others and say, "i have scars on my right leg, should i cut it off?" You learn to live with it, and you make that decision within yourself. its a silly example but i feel as though it is a Truth. You can learn to deal with Anything but is it what you deserve. I will always be satisfied and happy single. i Love God and in Heaven it is written that we will All be single Anyway, as children of God. So its Up to You and it is Also written, that if Anyone should ASk for Wisdom from God, He will Always Answer that request within a short period of time. smile

22. profile image52
    John Wiggensposted 13 years ago

There isn't any good reason to marry!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)