If I was a Creator

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)
  1. OpinionDuck profile image61
    OpinionDuckposted 13 years ago

If I was a creator and I wanted my creations to follow me, I would put my rules carved or lasered into the Moon for all to see with the naked eye.

It would be better than a couple of fragile tablets.

That is a good use for the Moon and on the dark side I would have Neon signs, not sure what I would say with them but it would be an option.

Maybe for when earthlings travel to other planets, they could look back and see it.

1. frogdropping profile image76
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd write 'hey - don't bother stopping. Just grab a seat and wait for the fireworks' smile

And if I was the creator I wouldn't expect my little beings, who of course would lack my awesomeness and omnipotence, to understand or decipher my musings. I'd make things nice and plain, easy to follow.

They'd still get an instruction book - just an easy to understand one. I like clarity.

OpinionDuckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sounds better than the existing plan

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How could all see it with the naked eye? 
      ...We'd have to have a telescope....

And I daresay it wouldn't be long afore some atheist group would outlaw telescopes, just so's us Christians wouldn't be able to read the moon.  LOL

Brenda you are thinking small.

Can you see the man on the moon.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean the imaginary man in the moon?  Of course.  But can you see his nose hairs with your bare eyes?  Nor could we read words placed there, unless they flashed by a few letters or one word at a time!   lol

3. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As a creator rules can be carved where ever for all the world to see in every waking moment. However the choice is still theirs if you have given them that ability to choose. If you haven't then you have created a puppet show that you control wholly and completely.

As parents we can (I believe thats kinda part of being a creator) lay the rules down, instill the best moral, ethics, values and guide the way. We cannot however make choices for them and must accept however hard it is to accept. that they will follow their own path.

2. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

OpinionDuck wrote ...
      They'd still get an instruction book - just an easy to understand one. I like clarity.

- - - -

And if they still didn't listen?
       If they still disobeyed?

What then?

I wrote that Jerami, not the Duck. The frog smile

What then? Sit back and watch the fireworks. Children are naughty.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sory about that mix up.
          I have an excure but it is a sorry one.

So you are saying that if there is a God up, there he is doing what you would do?

Hmmm

2. OpinionDuck profile image61

The End

3. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Jerami I hear a whole lot about free will. Unless we're talking about creating beings without autonomy then there comes a time when you gotta sit back. Free will is a funny old thing. It allows the ability to think, make choices, right or wrong. Which is when trouble can start. Mistakes are made, bad choices are decided upon.

I'm working off being a parent, in a way. I guided my children with clear boundaries and expectations. I learned when to step in - and out. I have managed to raise three people that can think for themselves, make their own decisions - and when they make mistakes, the consequences are theirs to deal with.

I remain ever-loving and present in their lives but I won't take on the responsibility of their poor choices. And they know this. I was always honest and clear. I mothered, not smothered. I worked hard and gave the best I could.

So if I appear flippant I don't mean to be. I am, in a sense, a creator, as are all parents. I like to think I laid the best foundations I possibly could. The rest of their lives is down to them.

Therefore - if there is a god why not sit back. That's what being a good parent is all about. Knowing when you're children have to find their own way. Hard sometimes - but realistic.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hearing you.  I often get it wrong when I'm thinking what someone else is thinking when they are writing what they wrote.

Hmm
      I raised some boys who have families of their own. 
      I have grandchildren and step grandchildren from the ages of 9 to up in their mid twenties.
         Yet ya sometimes gotta sit back and watch stuff get blown up.

But when we do that?  How often are blamed for it all for not stepping in and preventing the destruction?

There is always a catch 22.

The blame game. That bothers you? I love my three very much, goes without saying but I'm not responsible for their adult choices. Why? Because I know I did my best.

I worked hard, covered as many bases as possible. I delivered as balanced a view as I could in all things.

I know what I am and I know what I did. And I know when it's time to hand over the reigns. The only person that could make me feel bad is me.

I'm square with the way I raised my family.

2. OpinionDuck profile image61

Sitting back only after instructing and setting a clear example.

Adam and Eve certainly didn't have that.

4. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I can say that I did the best that I knew how at the time.

Can't say that I don't have any regrets. Made a lot of mistakes.  I could write a book about what not to do.
       Started to tell a story but ???

Will just say that life goes a lot smother when it starts off right and you stay on track.
      If we learn from our mistakes ,,,, I   should   be VERY wise.

5. OpinionDuck profile image61
    OpinionDuckposted 13 years ago

Maybe I was thinking too small with putting the commandments on the Moon.

I have a whole universe to play with.

Lets arrange all those bright lights into words and sentences.
    Of course it would still only be seen at night, but that is OK, it would be like saying your prayers before you got to sleep.

6. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

If I would have been created I would have naturally made all that I wanted people to know about how to life , how to worship , what to do and what not to do directly downloaded in brain during birth with facility to choose or ignore the same...That would have eliminated 'my way' stuffs coming from various school of thoughts...

I agree, don't make it a guessing game,

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)