Record day on Amazon yesterday!!

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Laura Marie profile image59
    Laura Marieposted 13 years ago

Amazon earnings are updated for yesterday and I had my best day!! Seen over $800 of items ordered, once these ship it will take me into the 6.5% category. Probably small fish to some of you but it will help me break my Amazon earning record set last month.

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's fantastic Laura, and that is big fish to me. I also need 4 items to hit 6.5.

Good luck.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Laura, that is good news!

3. Wendy Krick profile image64
      Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Way to go!

4. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Laura,

Way to go! Congratulations...

2. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Hello Pretty, how are you?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am good, good to see you here, Happy holidays and you take care, hope you reach the 6.5 tomorrow when you update.  I just checked my amazon, and I am 17 short to 7 percent, maybe next week, I can reach it.

Oh, i'm keeping my fingers crossed. I think i just might reach it.

Wow! on your way to 7%, thats great Pretty, well done.

You too, have a wonderful time this Christmas and GodBless

2. Laura Marie profile image59
        Laura Marieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Pretty. I reached the 6.5%, and have just under 70 items to get to 7%. No chance but maybe next year. I hope you get to 7%!! I hope you reach 6.% viryabo, good luck smile

3. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Super Kudos, Laura! Isn't the holiday season fun!

I had a record day yesterday in number of items shipped, but not in earnings or ordered. Black Friday still holds the orders record for me, and my top earnings day was actually a few months ago now.

I think I'm gonna hit the 7.5 level for the first time this month, however. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

4. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I actually saw a pretty large shift in sales this year compared to last year.  It seems that Black Friday and Cyber Monday became teh preferred shopping days for Christmas gifts, and now my Christmas sales are slower than expected.

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know what - I said black friday but I meant cyber monday, cyber monday as in the November one right after Thanksgiving. That day set and has held the record for me as far as items ordered.

Black Friday was actually below average for me.

Either way it's all been good. November was a new record in earnings for both adsense and amazon, and december will top them both, so I'm happy, and looking forward to seeing next year unfold.

5. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Laura! Like thisisoli my sales have slowed right down and all I sold yesterday was 2 pairs of men's thermal long johns!  Hope you continue having a great sales run up until Christmas!

Thanks everyone!! I am selling a variety of stuff, from watches to TVs, to Michael Jackson sparkle socks and a gardeing tool set lol

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know I have never sold a TV!  I have sold a lot of items this month, but nothing particularly high value. Yesterday picked up and I sold about 8 items, but again they were books and stuff (but still very grateful for every sale - remember how long it was to get the first one smile

6. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

Congrats!

7. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Well the past two days have been poor for me, only two items each day. However I think this weekend will be one last rush before Christmas.

Even my friends are saying how they will be online shopping today to get last minute gifts. smile

1. Mutiny92 profile image65
      Mutiny92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope you are right Bill!  It seems that a lot of folks have left for vacation - hopefully they get tired of spending time with their families and escape to the internet to go shopping!  ;-)

8. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Last month was better then this month for me but then again it ain't over yet!

I also have a store with a POD company and I have seen sales there too, which is very exciting. I do eventually need to get back to writing hubs for amazon but with the one or two I have done of late they have been good for making sales fast big_smile

9. JustMike profile image64
    JustMikeposted 13 years ago

I'm still waiting for the first one but this is great encouragement, to see that you all started out with one hub and are now selling products or ads with your writing.

You'll get there sooner than you expect. Just keep the hubs coming. smile

Best of luck and welcome to HP Justmike.

10. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Well Done, I have earnt $50 dollars from Amazon over Christmas, I hope I contain to earn on Amazon, I have only just begun earning from them rather than Adsense which I do well on.

11. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

$800 worth of stuff in one day is brilliant going.

My Amazon earnings are neck and neck with my Adsense this month - that's the first time this has happened!  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if December ends up being a better month for Amazon.

Way to go!! There are still a few more shopping days left, and then the sales after Christmas, so hopefully your Amazon keeps increasing!!

12. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Very nice!! I can't wait to get days like that, it is going to be great! Congrats and I hope they keep coming for you!

13. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
    PaulaHenry1posted 13 years ago

Are the sales after Christmas good? I've seen a slight decline already and was thinking sales wound drop significantly? It'll be hard to adjust to the "norm" sales again after Christmas...it's been fun!

1. Lily Rose profile image86
      Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're right - I'm DREADING returning to the "norm!"  Last year was much slower for me so it's hard to say, but I've heard that a lot of people do shop the many after-Christmas sales ... let's hope so!

14. Lily Rose profile image86
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

That's great Laura!  I agree with Oli, Black Friday and Cyber Monday were awesome days for me, much better than any single day this month; however, as of yesterday I've surpassed last month's total earnings at Amazon.  I was averaging about 20 items sold per day this month up until a couple of days ago when it plumetted to 8 items, but yesterday back up to 20.  It's kind of iffy, but I may actually stand a chance of getting to 8% this month!  And I'm pretty sure I'll make 4-digits this month for the first time ever (missed it by $27 last month!)

Last year I made $65 for November and $75 for December - just to help encourage those that are just starting out or working to improve sales - a lot can happen in time!

15. Bill Manning profile image70

It's been slowing down for me. Sold 7 items yesterday but all very cheap items.

I was not set up good for Amazon this year, having only started using them 3 months ago. I will be making many product pages in my own websites and hubs for next year. smile

Wow Lily-rose you rock!! I hope you make 4 digits good luck and let us know when you reach that milestone!!

Bill- I have not done that many product pages either, but I will be sure to put in more effort next year to reap even bigger rewards.

16. adrienne2 profile image66
    adrienne2posted 13 years ago

Laura that is A-MAZZ-ING!! Congrats to you! I am terrible at writing product hubs.  I can only dream of reaching a number like that.  Great job.

Thanks Adrienne, you have great hubs so I am sure you are making good money from Adsense. You should try a few product hubs, they are not as hard as you think. I bet you would be good at them smile

17. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

BLAM.  I soared by $100 earned from Amazon in a single day. I'm pretty sure I've never done that before.  Real significant increase in cash this year.  I'm hoping for a decent end of the year here

18. sagebrush_mama profile image59
    sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

Yesterday was my best yet, and it moved me to the 7.5% tier!

1. Richieb799 profile image74
      Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

My Amazon has come to a Standstill since the weekend, I was assuming most people had stopped buying Xmas gifts online now that delivery is impossible to reach you in time! smile

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That was me, too, Richie.  No sales the last 3 days, but today when I checked I have 5 more sales for about $800, with 4 of them already shipped.  I'll not complain - this is definitely my best Amazon month yet.

19. Iontach profile image68
    Iontachposted 13 years ago

Wow well done everyone! I still have to make the big bucks yet.

20. Bill Manning profile image70

My Amazon sales seem to have stopped for the holidays. Only 2 sales each a few days ago and no sales yesterday. Lets see how the after Christmas sales go. hmm

21. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I'm still shifting around 80 orders a day right now, it's past it's peak but people are still buying.

22. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Laura, congratulations!  I just got my first sale on Amazon today and I earned 40 cents!!!  I'm soooo thrilled.

Have a nice day!
    Rosie

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)