New Hub Release

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)
  1. TheRaptorClaw profile image61
    TheRaptorClawposted 13 years ago

Hey guys i was going to say that tomorrow i am going to have a special hub release. That is where i publish more than one hub at the same time. You can check it out if you want but i was going to ask this. There are hundreds of thousands other hubbers out there and most are huge. I am just a small hubber compared to them and i am losing hope of even becoming a big hubber like them. I am active on here but it's like nobody cares. I like writing and that is why i started. So my question is; Should i even continue to write hubs? Have any of had this feeling?

1. simeonvisser profile image68
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

People do care but it takes time to notice the work of a new Hubber. People are not online daily or they may not be following the cateogory in which you are posting your hubs. The best way to get noticed is to start answering questions and participating in forum threads.

The more high quality hubs you publish, the more people will start noticing you. Of course you cannot compare yourself to seasoned Hubbers yet. I'm here only two weeks longer than you and it just takes time, a lot of time to get noticed.

If you want to earn money then you should continue to write hubs because 14 hubs are unlikely to earn you the big bucks wink

2. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi,

I looked at your hubs. You have written 14 hubs and have been here three weeks. That's about normal. It takes about six months before one starts seeing results.

I joined at the same time as you did. However, I have managed to start earning and have published 67 posts. That's because I'm a professional writer and have been writing for more than half a century. But more than that, I'm also a web designer and have been writing on the web for about a decade. In other words, I have a  lot more experience than you do. Whatever you do, don't compare yourself to all those 'hundreds of thousands' of hubbers out there.

What I can tell you is this. If you persist and learn your craft, you will be able to do this.

If you read the post I put up for Trends 2011, you will see that more and more people will be buying on line and from Amazon.

Just hang in there and learn your craft.  Don't get discouraged. You absolutely will succeed if you put the time in to learn and apply that learning.

3. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol you remind me my earlier days in hp. don't be upset. 47 post is not enough. don't say that you are deprived before making 500 forum post, 100 comments on others hubs, answering 100 questions, reading the whole section of learning center and help section.

4. Sally's Trove profile image77
      Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I never had that feeling that you describe, about losing hope. I like to engage with others and they like to engage with me. I've been here for nearly three years. And it's taken those years to see the potential in this writing venue.

I am a professional writer and maybe I'm also from a time that is not yours. There is no instant gratification for me; I work hard for what I get in return.

HubPages is not a get-rich-quick place, nor is it a place to find affirmation of yourself...unless you are willing to work at it.

This is a place to grow if you want to be a writer. Engage with others here, improve your writing by following the examples of others, and for Pete's sake, don't whine. Take stock of yourself; if you don't measure up to "huge" Hubbers, then find out why you don't and improve yourself by following their examples.

You've been here for three weeks. Give it a year or two or three. And grow in the process.

5. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Although hubbers are very supportive to new hubbers, the community also appreciates longevity.  Plenty of hubbers come and go.  Why invest in someone who leaves next week because they didn’t get rich quick? 

In the long run, your standing in the HubPages Community will not significantly impact your earnings.  If however your standing within this community is important to you, then participate in the forums.  Also regularly read others’ hubs, and comment.  Do these things consistently for 6 months, and you will be known and recognized in the HubPages community.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

HP is a long term project. smile

The most useful timeframe perception is many months to a year or two or three.

Imho, you are doing fine. Just keep plugging along, as I do.smile

3. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

We all started just as you have.  It takes many months for most to see results from their work. Patience is indeed a virtue here.  Don't get discouraged so quickly, give yourself a chance.

4. evvy_09 profile image59
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

I sometimes feel unnoticed here too.  And that's only because there are so many posting hubs or in the forums at any one time, it can be easy to get lost in the masses.  But several hubbers have been great about encouraging me and I've gotten some great advice. 
    So don't give up on HP because the people here really do care and are ready to help.

1. saleheensblog profile image61

the following type of people are highly noticed and noticed with importance in HP

~who dominates the forum by providing correct solution of others problems and providing hubbers with constructive criticism and useful tips

~seo and technology related experts who are successful

~who has a great sense of humor

~who makes a great impression right from the beginning and becomes a  devoted community member

~great writers

~who leaves plenty of comments

1. evvy_09 profile image59
        evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

See?  Saleheensblog is helpful like that.
        I think I have a good sense of humor, I find myself hilarious at least. 

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4309846.jpg

that's why I notice you lol
          http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4199793_f248.jpg

aww thanks.   I'm going for the expert status soon.   

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4304982.jpg

Expert of what? Don't know yet hmmm...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4204949_f248.jpg

big_smile
                Funny

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)