Howdy, Hub Theif Again

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Kushal101 profile image59
    Kushal101posted 13 years ago

After a search landed me in a flixya page(it's rare) I went to the homepage and there I saw this "blog" as recently published.

http://www.flixya.com/blog/2422358/Arch … -Noahs-Ark

And here is the guy's profile.

http://www.flixya.com/user/mysteryman

Looks like we are going to face another wide scale theft here.

What do you all suggest?

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm curious that so many things are stolen on the web. How does one find these things? The Internet is so vast that it would be the most amazing thing to find these things by coincidence, although that's how a lot seem to be finding them...

Kushal101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can easily find stolen content by running a copyscape check, Hubpages  also have built in duplicacy/copy filter though today I found it purely by coincidence.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

use it http://www.google.com/alerts . you can create alert for each of your hubs. tongue

yeah, that an easy and free way wink

2. profile image0

I did that and it said that there were no more free spaces for this site as they had all been used up!!!!

1. saleheensblog profile image60

I just checked it, it's alright, have another look smile

You can check instantly with preview result option or create an alert permanently too tongue

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4335400_f248.jpg

1. Nell Rose profile image88
              Nell Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I have just gone over and joined! Then through flixya I have reported him!

great big_smile

1. Nell Rose profile image88

H, saleheen, I don't hang about when I am mad! ha ha

2. tonymac04 profile image72
                tonymac04posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Also just joined and left a comment on his blog there!

2. profile image0

Thanks! smile

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago
  3. Kushal101 profile image59
    Kushal101posted 13 years ago

It's now well known what happens in flixya these days. It's hard to find any original content over there.

4. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

If they have AdSense, you can register a DMCA with Google AdSense by clicking the "Ads by Google" link, and following it to their online form - handy. I have been doing that a lot this December - so far all has been resolved successfully - still waiting for one to be taken down.

'tis the season wink

5. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Actually, there is a DMCA link at the bottom of his page, and every single article title looks like something I have seen on HubPages!

6. Nell Rose profile image88
    Nell Roseposted 13 years ago

Hi, I just checked! guess what is at the top of his so called new story? Yep My latest Hub! GGGrrrrr!

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

That wasn't there earlier Nell!
    This guy seems to be caught in the act, so to speak. He is putting up loads of hubpages hubs right now!

what a devoted reader s/he is!! lol

2. Nell Rose profile image88

Hi, Izzy, I just got him! I have reported it, and written in his comment box!

8. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

You can email a complaint here (as a first step):
    contact@flixya.com

I sent a complaint in even though he has not yet stolen any of mine.

lol sure he didn't imagine hubbers will be over him so quickly.

my guess is he is a hubber too

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm hoping its not one that is posting here!

I hope so

There is a software through that we can know the ip address. I have read something like this in another thread. Wait I will check.

2. Kushal101 profile image59

The way spam is increasing here( and all over the net), he may be a so called  "hubber"!

1. IzzyM profile image87

Well well well!

Seems your 'only' hub is up there too!

lol
              it's his brand new account roll

He has more in hubpages for sure if I am not way too seriously wrong.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Yes he does. he said he created the new name because everyone fell out with him in the forums!
                And his hub about how to block adsense ads is completely anti-hubbers sad
                What better way to get his message out?

roll

IzzyM, I found some articles on how to how to know the IP address of another computer searching in Google but I don't understand the steps sad
                  I think it can help.

2. Kushal101 profile image59

Oh well when I logged on today it seemed it first I am being accused as the thief !!! Now, to make things clear, yes I had problem with google adsense and hence that "only" article. But don't worry hubbers, I am not promoting it and nobody is going to find it, it was just to get the message out. Though I still manage to keep my adsense account, when somebody clickbombed my ads Big G treated me as a thief, with amazingly rude email replies and all. G thinks India & China are the land of scammers, poor fellows desparate for money. Dahh, I think they need to brush up their general economic knowledge.
                  I am not here for making big bucks and I don't give a damn if I stop writing online altogether. If I gett completely pissed of with HP, I will simply move on, and not go around stealing hubs mad

You have never been accused as thief. I thought I was accused as thief. But I don't think IzzyM had no intention to accuse any one of us as thief.

9. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 13 years ago

Also check with this person:
    http:/ /www.articlesbase.com/authors/dresseshop/691721

They have stolen at least 5 hubber's hubs. If you write about weddings or dresses, your hub is in there as all 128 of her articles are all stolen, word-for-word.

Arg! So mad right now!

oh God.........mad mad

10. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I had trouble with a thief at articlesbase a week or two back, but they responded almost right away to my email complaint and removed the thief completely.
    Which is good to know smile

1. yenajeon profile image70
      yenajeonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh really? That makes me feel way better! I have submitted my complaint to them just today.

11. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Heyup people!

The Flixya thief has been suspended!!

How's that for fast work! lol

1. evvy_09 profile image60
      evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really fast and thankfully without all the whining a previous thief did.  I'm glad that none of my hubs have gotten stolen.  Of course I haven't yet made them good enough to make anything really.

12. wealthseeker profile image59
    wealthseekerposted 13 years ago

Looks like the culprit's account has been closed, user no longer exist!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)