Ghostbusters III

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (27 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

I just found out they're actually going through with it.  They're making a ghostbusters III after all, and it's filming this year to be released around 2012 in december.  Your thoughts on this?  Plus, the original cast said it's allegedly a passing of the baton so to speak, so you know there will be some young new ghostbusters. smile

1. Julie2 profile image61
      Julie2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did they say who would be cast as the newbie's?

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

nope, it's just casting rumors at this point, as Sony just barely got handed in the official script a few days ago and green lighted it.  However, I would probably expect to hear more about it in the coming months though.

Well with the special effects from today it should be good. It would be funny if they added the cast from "Tropic Thunder" to play in GB3- Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr., Brandon T. Jackson, well you get the idea. They are hilarious. Those guys had such great chemistry in that movie, they would be great in this one.

1. profile image0

Yeah, I don't disagree.  I wouldn't mind seeing Sean William Scott take on the role of Oscar.  Anyone remember him?  He was the baby of Sigourney Weaver's character.  I figured since the baby was blonde, AND Venkeman most likely married Sigourney's character.  Assuming all that, then Oscar grew up being Venkeman's son, so it would make sense to have him grow up being a fast talking ladies man like Venkeman was.  That's why I hope he gets casted as Oscar, to go along with your picks too.  Plus, I hope the rumors about Anna Faris are true, as we need a female ghostbuster to balance things out.

She is hilarious! She would make a great addition.

2. Megavitamin profile image70
              Megavitaminposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love the idea of Sean William Scott as Oscar! 

I think the movie is going to either be AMAZING or AWFUL, no in between.  Only time will tell!

2. Shinkicker profile image53
      Shinkickerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds dodgy, the new breed of actors these days just don't seem to have the comic talents of the older crews

1. profile image0

not to mention that mainstream comedy movies are nowhere near the level they used to be.  hence, i really can't picture this new ghostbusters movie being anywhere close to how good the original was.  however, i guess we'll have to wait and see.

1. Shinkicker profile image53
          Shinkickerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It'll be another Hollywood CGI cartoon fest with the actors as side players :-)

1. profile image0

exactly!  smile

3. Genna East profile image82
      Genna Eastposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was a huge fan of Ghostbusters, so I look forward to this.

4. brimancandy profile image79
      brimancandyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

They are making a new Ghostbusters movie. it is not going with the old format as all the ghostbusters in the new movie will be women. I don't understand why they are doing that. but, whatever.

2. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Wonder if the marsh mallow man will be back? hehe

1. profile image0

thats a good question.  now that we're on that subject, I wonder if slimer will be back too.  it wouldn't be a ghostbusters movie without those two.

3. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Doe....................Ray....................Igon........... lol

4. TomC35 profile image61
    TomC35posted 13 years ago

It will be interesting.  When I saw Harold Ramis in "Knocked Up" and saw how old Bill Murray looks now I felt old.

5. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

I just can't see this working without the original cast, and I can't see the original cast doing it because they're old and (let's be honest here) fat. They lent their voices to the video game that was released a few years ago, and I remember at the time they said that video game was going to be the closest we'd get to Ghostbusters III.

6. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago
  7. Malcolm_Cox profile image62
    Malcolm_Coxposted 13 years ago

It's a catch-22 as it won't be the same without the original gang but the original gang are getting on a bit and might look a little silly.  Perhaps they should try a reboot as they seem to be en vogue at moment!

8. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I thought they already made a Ghost Busters 3. Isn't there some kind of Ghost Busters attraction at one of the theme parks? It's supposed to be one of those 4D attractions, like the Terminator 4D attraction they have at Universal.

But, then I could be wrong.

9. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I hope the original gang isn't on it.  It needs new blood. The first one was great, the second - not so much.

10. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

HMMMM jason seigal and paul rudd are filming ghostbusters and maybe done by now, So how does a remake of the 1st and a 3rd one workout????

11. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

apparently entertainment tonight was wrong on that. I looked it up on imdb.com and its the same cast. Should be good as long as bill doesnt have grey hair.

1. rich_hayles profile image57
      rich_haylesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shame. I loved the old cast but its been long enough that they could relaunch the franchise for a new generation with an all new cast. Bring the old guys back in cameos but let a new batch take on the real work.

12. Cheeky Girl profile image65
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

I will never forget that "stay pufd" marsh mallow man walking through the streets of New York, and thinking to myself..."where can I get a marsh mallow this hour of the night?" Okay, I'm kidding. But I look forward to seeing Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd on screen together again. Actors do get old, so it is not surprising, and maybe the world needs more spin-offs. We can never have enough of these.

13. rkummer profile image61
    rkummerposted 13 years ago

I'd answer your question with another question. How do audiences typically respond to remakes/reboots?

More often than not, remakes/reboots are unsuccessful and negatively reviewed when compared to the originals.  There are few exceptions.  On the whole, I think the animosity towards them is the fact that Hollywood produces so many.  Audiences are getting wise and seeing less emphasis on substance and more on profit.  Clearly, they want the opposite (explains why Inception and Shutter Island, despite being genre-specific films, performed well at the box office, far above box office analyst predictions).

I have grown more weary with every reboot/remake I hear about.  I am interested in Ghostbusters III, but honestly, Ghostbusters was/always will be Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)