He still wants to be friends even though I was so mean?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)
  1. profile image49
    junegirlposted 13 years ago

I have an online friend. He used to like me a lot, he sent gifts, I was mean to him then he sent gifts again, then I was mean again, but he sent another gifts.

I'm from the Philippines, in my 30s, he has plenty of filipina chatmates who are too young for him, he is 44 yrs old.

I was too mean, I thought he gave up on me, but still he wants to be friends? Well, crazy but I felt jealous that he talks to very young women, we have lots in common/interest/ we're on the same page. he was fooled by his ex pinay gf who is too young for him too.

I dont know why he wants to be friends again, do I continue talking to him?

He is always my priority online, but I am not his priority he has many very young chatmates from the Phils. He doesnt want to have relationship online coz he learned his lessons coz he was fooled, His age preference is 18-31. I asked him about it, he said it doesnt matter.

We've been talking for more than a year already but he is busy with his business. Do I give up on him?

There are many men but too old for me, his age is appropriate for me. I am the only gal in her 30s he talks to, and everybody is way too young for him.

He webcams a lot with these girls. I told him what does he has in common with young women, some are old enough to be his daughter.

He collect girls he said he is just pals and will never have an online gf anymore, he wants to meet his chatmates in person but not all of them.

In person I am not bad, I am flawed sure. I called him many names like lolita lover, player but still he still wants to be friends?

What do you think?

1. Pensive Pages profile image69
      Pensive Pagesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If he makes it clear he wants to be friends, sure! be friends! But dont ever try to make something out of it that he clearly does not want. My best advice: stay friends, but don't be afraid to go out and meet other people!

2. Olyenka profile image58
      Olyenkaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Junegirl,

You know the answer yourself. Stop fulling your emotions and lying to yourself. Do not waste your precious energy just like that.

Clearly state to your 'friend' what is it that you want of him and why. If he does not agree or he does not meet your expectations, close the relationships and get on with your life.

Most importantly - start being honest with yourself.

2. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I don't have experience with chat room friendships; but from what I know about, it looks to me as if he's just socializing online (and maybe thinking he'll meet a potential girlfriend along the way).   People who talk with other people, and build online friendships, don't necessarily care how old friends are.  Maybe he's just got that certain age-range in mind because he thinks he's more likely to have something in common with people younger than, say, 40 (and maybe he's got it in mind that as long as he'd be open to finding a girlfriend he may as well rule out everyone over a certain age).

Online or off, we all tend to have people we socialize with, as friends, but know they're not people we'll have have any romantic relationship with.  For the most part, anyone we know and talk with is pretty much a friend unless/until we decide we'll become more than friends.

It just seems to me he's someone who has an online social life, and he's decided you're someone he has "ruled out" as a potential girlfriend.  (At least he's someone who is smart enough not to want to be "just friends" with someone who has been "mean" to him.  He probably enjoys having some conversations with you, in view of the fact that you seem to have hit it off in the past; which is probably why he's decided you make a good friend but not a potential girlfriend (at least not for him).

People are friends with people of all ages.  People who'll post their pictures (one kind of another) and be on web cam online do so for any number of reasons; but that gets into the "it's their business" thing.

If you can't be a friend without being jealous of the other girls/women he's friends with (or more than friends with), maybe your best bet would be to "be too busy" (find another chat room and another friend). That's always a good way to back off socializing with someone without hurting their feelings and without destroying the chance to talk with them once occasionally if you still want to.  This is just my guess, but I think if you're looking for a potential boyfriend, this guy probably isn't one to keep focusing on.  If you can be his friend without being jealous then enjoy having him as a friend online.

1. profile image49
      junegirlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We met on a dating site.

He said he never send these women gifts except me, do you think he still likes me?

1. Olyenka profile image58
        Olyenkaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Junegirl,
        you are clearly mixing material value with emotional value here. Can your emotions of a younger woman be bought with presents? which have no value to the person on the other end?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)