Evaluate a Hub from goldenpath

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)
  1. goldenpath profile image68
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

Keyword suggestions?
    Format suggestions?
    http://hubpages.com/hub/wonka
    Thanks! smile

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Goldenpath,

I am not sure about the format, considering it's a sales hub and I've not been very good in this area, but I hope by me posting here, someone else comes along with some helpful advice.

However, I must warn you- the keywords/tags should follow this format that Hubpages staff(Maddie specifically) has provided.

Up to 1500 words- have between 9-15 keywords/tags...and most often admin will let you slide up to 20 for that size article.

Over 1500 words- have up to 40 keywords/tags and no more than that.

Edit: You have over 30 keywords as it stand

If you have too many keywords on an article that doesn't fall in line with the above, then you will be flagged for excessive tags and will be forced to make changes, because they'll unpublish the hub until the changes are made. smile

I hope you get more help than I could provide, but that's it from me. smile

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Hey I didn't even notice the keywords! I am useless at keywords. I am lucky if I can find 5 for each hub, even when they are 3000 words long!

I'm not an expert Goldenpath, but I wouldn't have all my sales capsules at the very top.

Especially not if I'd been the author of such a well-written hub.

I loved what you wrote! Pity the viewer has to negotiate those Amazon capsules first!

I take it it's a sales hub, but then I wonder why you only chose 'wonka' for your url?

Your title is great, as is your on-page optimization as far as I can see.

I had a look your main keywords in MS. Went and washed the dishes in the kitchen while waiting it on to finish. My internet access couldn't be slower than it is. Any slower and it'll be going backwards.

Anyway, wonka is highly searched, but if you'd put Willie Wonka chocolate in your url, you'd reach a wider audience. If I was you I'd write another with that url.

If anyone reading this writes a similar hub between now and then I will know! You will be named and shamed.

Hope there is something here you can work on Goldenpath, and really, the words you wrote made me want to try Wonka chocolate you made it sound yummy!

But what you really need to reach is those sitting with their credit cards ready to buy it.

I don't know the level of competition because I'd be here till next week waiting on the results at the current speed of my internet connection!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Izzy, I have the same problem as you with tags - I just can't seem to think of enough.  Lately, though, I've been using the keyword tool to find search terms that fit my hub even if I've not used those words or phrases and putting them in as tags.  Don't know yet if it will really help, but it makes sense to me.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah i said keywords when I meant tags. I'm still not understanding tags.
        They are keywords, or they are tags? Are they the same thing? Keywords are all the words you use really, but tags are the the important ones?

I have found that when writing about something new, that no-one else (on Hubpages) has written about, if you click on the tags which would be the natural keywords for the hub, they show empty feeds.

This in turn lowers the number of $$$ signs on your earning potential on stats.

Find a tag that other users have used, and the $$$ sign rises.

So what is that all about?

That's funny!  It's amazing how the human brain works sometimes - it wasn't until you replied that I realized you had said keywords instead of tags!

I'm not sure about your question, but I have seen advice to write on topics that from 10 - 20 other hubbers have written about.  Not 100, not 0, but just a few.  I don't understand why.

To me, tags are keywords that you didn't fit into the hub; something the search engines can look for in spite of the fact that you didn't use them.  At least that's how I think of them.

1. IzzyM profile image86

That would make perfect sense seeing as the word you DID write are your keywords.

I'm going to try what you suggested.

Meanwhile, where is Goldenpath??

lol  Maybe starting a new hub   Or if he doesn't come back maybe I'll make one! You wouldn't really name names would you? lol  That was a good suggestion.

1. IzzyM profile image86

LOL, you are funny!

Ps this was an EDIT!
                Nah you wouldn't.

I might, all the same smile (just kidding!)

No, I guess I wouldn't.  The little boy in my avatar would never forgive me if I debunked the chocolate factory - he loves that movie! smile

But...if Goldenpath is gone forever...

4. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

He'll be back smile

goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sounded like Shwartzeneggar!  smile

1. IzzyM profile image86

you said it! lol

Anyway I repeat again, beautiful writing.
        But then again, it depends what you want from hub...chocolate sales/Amazon/recognition as a writer?

All three don't make good bedfellows.

I try to make 'em!

ACTUALLY: I'm not so good at the 'beautiful writing' part.

5. goldenpath profile image68

Still here.  Just got back from my clergy duties at the chapel.

Thanks for all the input.  I've been here going on a couple years and still don't seem to get the tips and tricks needed for the "clicks."  Cags, thanks for the input and I will get to work on them.  I better spend some time and work on the rest of my 105 hubs before going further. smile

Thanks again.

6. goldenpath profile image68

Question:  Since i'm too lazy to search through the policy are we allowed to unpublish a hub and paste the text into a new hub?  It was mentioned a lacking in my URL and want to remedy this situation.

7. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Yes you can unpublish and republish. You may get a duplicate warning but only until the cache clears which usually takes just a few days.

Don't do it yet.

I haven't had a chance to analyse your rankings and won't be able to do that for another week. (my new internet bandwidth  allowance will be in effect)

The hub you have already written has aged. Your new hub doesn't have that advantage.

If I were you I would think about a rewrite before a publish/unpublish scenario.

You are a gifted writer. You can do this easily.

goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate your help and accolades.  I don't consider myself very gifted at writing.  However, of all activities in my life writing is what I love the best.

Well, my dead hubs have waited this long.  I guess they can wait another week.  Just be sure to stick with me till then.  I am set on getting this online world figured out. smile

8. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I wouldn't re-publish.  This hub has several months on it that you would lose.  My tools (poor though they are) show a PR of 2, which isn't bad, and you would lose that.  Yahoo also shows over 100 links to the hub and they would all be lost.  Second hand information (I cannot provide first hand knowledge) is that the URL keywords are of secondary importance to those in the title, heading, and meta tags.  I'm not that familiar with willy wonka, but get "willy wonka" in as a tag as well.

I might suggest some re-writing, though.  There is some controversy about using adsense and amazon together, but I agree with some others that it should be done.  By breaking the text into more capsules you can make the first text capsule long enough to get the google ad to the right, while moving all the other ads, videos, etc. down some.  You can also get the google ad under the second text capsule to show up that way.

You might consider alternating sides with some of the other capsules such as amazon or videos to break up that long string of text on the left.

Get the words "willy wonka chocolate {factory}" into the capsule heading as a key phrase if you can.  You have also used the term "wonka" several times without the "willy"; if possible add the "willy" and maybe even "chocolate".  Do some reading about on page SEO here.

Finally, if you use FireFox download the seo toolbar for firefox.

9. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Hey Wilderness we could make a great team!

Well Goldenpath, with all those things going for the hub you have, leave it to age or do what you want with it.

Meanwhile, write a new hub taking all the keywords into consideration.

The adsense value isn't especially high on the keyword terms unless you are in number 1 position, so I'd go for Amazon.

Write a nice intro, similar to what you wrote in this hub, of maybe 100 -200 words.

Enough for the google advert to kick in top right.

Then, (what I would do) is to individualise each product - write a blurb about each of them, with the associated Amazon capsule.

Write up (each Amazon product) as many or as few as you want.

Stick an Amazon capsule with yet more Willie Wonka products at the bottom to catch the 'undecided'.

Done.

In fact, this is pretty much what I do with all product hubs.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

It all depends on keyword research, plus a little bit of luck smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)