2011 Games!!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)
  1. warchild75 profile image63
    warchild75posted 13 years ago

What console games are you most looking forward to this year,i must say its not as good a year as last year for new releases but still im looking forward to Skyrim,the new batman game looks ace and thats about it at the moment,maybe LA Noire as well.How about everyone else.?

1. WorldCup~2010 profile image60
      WorldCup~2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are way to many games that are being released that are appealing to me this year. I'm not going to be able to get all of them sad I would love to get Dragon Age 2, Battlefield 3, COD Modern Warfare 3, Lord of the Rings War in the North! I dont know which ones I should wait for and which ones I should get!

warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Forgot about COD3 im sure it will be a hit no matter what due to its fanbase!!

1. WorldCup~2010 profile image60
          WorldCup~2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah there is no doubt about that! But seriously! Even if the new COD will suck (i bet it wont but just saying) it will still make hundreds of millions of dollars!

yeah that is true!!

2. David 470 profile image82
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The big threes!

(1) Gears of War 3

(2) Modern Warfare 3

(3) Mass Effect 3

And lets not forget Elder Scrolls 5, I love Elder 4 Oblivion!

I will also say tomb raider, but do not have a lot of information on it. (sigh) I really need to get gameinformer again, or gamepro.

This might be one of the best years for videogames for years because of the BIG franchises that have already established themselves. Some may argue there's not a lot original stuff, but this original stuff continuing smile

1. evvy_09 profile image60
        evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hope I'm not being overly promotional, but I did a small hub about the new Tomb Raider.  Just to be sure I won't post the link but you can look at it if you want.

1. David 470 profile image82

I will take a look.

2. warchild75 profile image63

LOL how could i forget about Modern warfare 3 and Mass effect 3 those two will be immense,not a fan of GOW for some reason!!
        @evvy i will check out ur TR hub!!Maybe you can convert me!!

3. fansty909 profile image60
      fansty909posted 13 years agoin reply to this

SKYRIM!!! Its gonna be the game of 2011 for sure. Dragon Age 2 has been remodeled but it shall fall short. Bethesda is a company that stands on all others shoulders when making RPGs. No contest Elder Srolls Skyrim will be the best game.

2. evvy_09 profile image60
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

Great topic!
    I'm with ya on Skyrim.  It is the new Elder Scrolls game set in Skyrim of course.  The Dragonborn bloodline rises again and dragons are really featured in the game. 
    But Warchild did forget about new Tombraider reboot. Lara gets a brand new backstory and a new tougher, grittier look.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4453573_f248.jpg

What's up with the Batman game??

3. evvy_09 profile image60
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

New Skyrim trailer.  Well same one with gameplay added.  I so want that dragonhelm guy's wearing.

1. evvy_09 profile image60
      evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Darn.  I just noticed I never put the link.  I've been so busy! 
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPF9eO5_6U

4. warchild75 profile image63
    warchild75posted 13 years ago

Not sure abt tomb raider kind of fell out of love with them about 3 games ago,batman arkham asylum nearly won game of the year and the new one may well do,looks fantastic,and im not a lover of batman either but does look good

1. David 470 profile image82

I will never fall out of love with Tomb Raider. I played them since Tomb Raider 4 when I was about 8.

The last Tomb Raider was really good, but did not sell well. I think its because it was most successful in the 90s and did not have to compete with franchises like call of duty, gears, and etc..

5. Christian H. profile image59
    Christian H.posted 13 years ago

I've gotta go with Batman: Arkham City.  I really enjoyed the first game, and the second one is shaping up to be phenomenal too.

Yeah i thought the first game was pretty good but the whole huge scope of this second one is set to be what makes it so much better than the first.

1. Christian H. profile image59
        Christian H.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, it all just looks like it's so much more expansive, with you being able to go through the whole city and all.  I also just felt like they got the feel of the game pretty dead on in the first one.  I'm not a huge Batman fan either, but the game did a pretty good job of reeling me in anyway.  Definitely way better than any other superhero game I've played, even about superheroes I like a lot more.

6. xboxps3wow profile image40
    xboxps3wowposted 13 years ago

im loving killzone 3 right now.. especially with ps3 move.. its a little hard, but gets fun as you learn how to play with it.

1. jessejvickers profile image62
      jessejvickersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, thats true, since I heard that game, I'll try to play that, but I got harder to learn smile, need more time.

7. Ryn Taylor profile image61
    Ryn Taylorposted 13 years ago

I'm looking forward to Portal 2 the most at the moment.  Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, and Skyrim are all high on my list to play too.

8. boratlike1 profile image61
    boratlike1posted 13 years ago

i personally am looking forward to mass effect 3. also, the newly released shogun 2 total war was a massive hit http://hubpages.com/hub/Shogun-2-Total-War would definetly recommend buying it.

9. zEye profile image62
    zEyeposted 13 years ago

How about Crysis 3? Did you saw any of vids yet? Thats would be great game for sure smile I'm playing flash games while waiting listed here http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-10-flash-games-march-2011

10. online_gamer profile image61
    online_gamerposted 13 years ago

Gears of War 3,Crysis 2,Battlefield:Bad Company 3,Elder Scrolls 5! I will probably rent anything else I need from my GameFly account.I agree with WorldCup....it's hard to afford so many games,lol.

11. prokinect profile image57
    prokinectposted 13 years ago

Looking forward to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 and playing Augusta Masters. Looking forward to  March 29th when it is released.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Tiger-Wood-EA-Sports-12

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)