God Does Not answer Prayers

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (209 posts)
  1. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

If you are

a liar

a womanizer

given to coveting others' things

a cheat

a glutton

given to anger

sloth

money-minded

jealous

an ingrate

neglecting to help where you can help

having roving eyes

Is there anyone who is not one of these? Honestly?

Now you know why God does not answer your prayers, in fact  almost no body has his prayers answered. The good things that happen to you are not because you prayed. How do the atheists and agnostics get them then?

How do those who do not know the true God and pray to what they think is God/Gods get their blessings?

God does not ANSWER prayers. Actually, if you are good in God's eyes, you do not even have to pray to him. He will keep dispatching his blessings to you.  If you looka sinner in His eyes, no matter how much  you pray or how long you pray, He will not answer. And, if you find your wishes fulfilled, it is in spite of  your prayers; not because of them!

Read what Jesus says about "asking" God to give you in Mathew 6;30 - 33:

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith?

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But SEEK YE KINGDOM OF GOD, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

-----------------
    Unless you seek kingdom of God, your prayers will not be answered, no matter how pious you consider you are.

1. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God answers all prayers ...even those who still consider themselves as sinners on your list and those you forgot to include.

Even those who consider themselves as pious, religious, children of God...

God see all men as the same and answers all without favor..

Nevertheless the realisation of an answered prayer occurs to only to those who ask with a single mind with expectation also of a single mind...

This is the only rule of God...

Singleness of mind come by the knowledge of Truth and is called Faith.... this faith is unlike the faith of religion.

thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please put your statement to a simple test: Pray daily for 4 hours fervently for something that would be out-of-ordinary but very legitimate. Say, a prize in a lottery to pay off your debts, if you have them; or, to help UNHCR or something.
        I can only warn you not to expect anything from God, not a cent.

1. kess profile image60

Like i said answers to prayer comes from knowledge not ignorance...
          So where there is a test there is still ignorance.

Surely you do not quite understand the faith which comes by a singlesness of mind...thus your kind of prayer are doom to fail from the very beginning just by your double mindedness in your approach.

Whether you are single-minded in your prayers or not, if you are one of those mentioned in the description above, you answers will not be answered.

You can not brow-beat God by feigning faith or even by being true in your faith. Faith bereft of goodness means nothing to God.

1. kess profile image60

What can I say then...then to you prayers will NEVER be answered....

I know different...

Do you mean, then, that you can do whatever you want irrespective of whether it has God's concurrence or not but be true in your faith (if this is at all possible) and reap the benefits of God's benevolence?

1. kess profile image60

For a man to be outside of the will of God he needs to outside of the universe..which is impossible ofcourse.

The difference between the son of God and the other is this...

Their knowledge of their Father...

Knowledge of the Father come by a way of thinking..this way gives the Sons a single mind which is the prerequiste of Faith...

So by the knowledge of the Father you develop faith which direct all your works , which are all within the will of The Father.

So you see the difference between a sinner and a Son is Knowledge of the Father and the Father is Truth.

And those without Knowledge of the Father cannot develop a singlesness of mind nor Faith.....

That is the long and short of everything is this   ....

God has given all things unto all men.. but those who realises this in order to receives these things, are those who are willing to put on the mind of Christ.

2. profile image0
              jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so repeat the test after the thing you propose will the prayers be answered then?
              will the debts go off or you win the lottery??
              wishful thinking if you think prayers can solve your problems!!!

Yes, that is exactly what I mean
                Prayers are not answers to your problems

2. profile image0
          Pat Dubéposted 13 years agoin reply to this

3rdm  The scripture says:

You have not because you ask not AND you receive not because you ask AMISS  James 4:2 & 3

and

Although, God will hear the prayer of ANYONE who comes to Him in repentance to receive His Son Jesus,  God has only obligated Himself to hear those who have come to Him in FAITH and in the NAME of His son Jesus.   God on a regular basis hears and answers the prayers of those who have life from His Son Jesus, in other words, those who are His children. ( Contrary to many's belief, all men are NOT the children of God.  As many as RECEIVE Christ, THEY are the sons of God  John 1:12 ) We MUST be born from above by the Spirit.   This is because without that life you cannot UNDERSTAND the things required, not the process of having your prayers or needs met and inevitably as stated in the above scriptures, you WILL pray amiss.  So first step is to receive Christ into your life and become a child of God.

1Jn 5:12  Whoever has the Son has life, but whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
          1Jn 5:13  I write this letter to you who believe in the Son of God. I write so that you will know that you have eternal life now.
          1Jn 5:14  We can come to God with no doubts. This means that when we ask God for things (and those things agree with what God wants for us), God cares about what we say.
          1Jn 5:15  He listens to us every time we ask Him. So we KNOW that He gives us whatever we ask from Him.

This shows us that there are prerequisites to prayer.  God is not obligated to answer everyone's prayer.  He that comes to God must believe that He is AND that HE is a REWARDER of those that DILIGENTLY seek Him.  Heb. 11:6

The scriptures lay out for us what those prerequisites are but the main two are that you must be a child of God by faith in His Son Jesus Christ and you must BELIEVE that when you come to Him He hears you and WILL give you what you ask for.

I must say I agree with you but with a rider: God does not grant your requests for material things at all. He is not at all concerned with them.

That is why Jesus says "seek kingdom of God and He will give you the things you need. He knows what to give without your having to ask him'  (paraphrased from the scriptures quoted above.)

1. Shakeel Shavab CK profile image58
              Shakeel Shavab CKposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dear friends... Actualy God answers every prayers and he loves those who prayers to him. But the reward for the prayer will some times get quickly, some times get after some period and for some people it will be at netherworld. If the God answers everyone in realtime, there won't be any meaning for the life and it is impossible to live well. God only created us for praying to him and praising him and every one have to wait till the end of the world for the result.

1. profile image0

try another experiment
                take a paperweight and pray to it just as it is god,
                you will be surprised that the results are all the same

answer to any prayer is the same, irrespective of the one you pray to and irrespective the prayer you make-  b]yes, no or wait[/b]
                the believers explain by adding a little nonsense to make it appealing-that "god knows what is best for you"

2. Beelzedad profile image58
                Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, you see, that's the problem in a nutshell. For example, the rewards of prayer I've read right here on these forums were things such as trips for kids to Disneyland while on the flip side, tens of thousands of starving children are sent to the netherworld for lack of morsel of food.

If, as you say, "God answers every prayers" then are the answers for the children a resounding, "NO FOOD FOR YOU!"??

Then, why do we have brains? They clearly serve no purpose whatsoever if praying and praising is all we have to do. smile

1. profile image0

Beelzedad, I agree we are blessed to have brains and we certainly SHOULD USE them!!   BUT here I go with a BUT...  IF ALL it took was using our brains then WHY are there still "tens of thousands of starving children?"

There is much more to the dilemas of life than just using our brains.  We know that often times it is MEN using their BRAINS selfishly that CAUSE the dilema of starving children.  These are not men whose hearts are submitted to God's way. 

And lest you think I do not realize that there are MANY religions that cause people to have bad or warped MINDS, I want to assure you that I do know this BUT the scriptures say the UNDERLYING root of ALL evil is the LOVE of MONEY.  Now mind you, I am not saying that MONEY is the ROOT of all evil but the LOVE of money.   The scriptures say that MONEY answers ALL things and we know that that is true.  IF the monies that have been given and allocated for the purpose of feeding the hungry and needy peoples of the world were ALLOWED to GET THROUGH to them, then the issue of children starving to death would be put to an end.  We know this is true, so rather than blame GOD for NOT hearing the prayers of the hungry (and we don't even know if they DO pray or even know that there IS a God to pray to but let's leave that aside for now) let us blame those who are truly responsible for it.  MEN with BRAINS.   Conniving, cunning, selfish, greedy MEN (people) with BRAINS.   The ONLY conclusion I can make is that we NEED God to intervene in the affairs of men.  But we need to understand that HE gave man the dominion and authority over the earth.  He only intervenes WHEN a man comes to Him in faith and in Jesus' name (again there is much more to this than just a simple explanation but for brevity's sake I will say that much)  He is willing and wanting to help but He will not step over our authority here on the earth.

2. profile image0

3M I agree, HOW and WHAT we seek is one of those prerequisites, but lest others here might think I am trying to "explain away" or "make excuses"  why a prayer is NOT answered,  I want to further state that I DO BELIEVE that God DOES answer prayers HERE IN THE NOW.  I also, believe that it is an erroneous teaching in some faiths that God does not answer material needs.  The scriptures tell us that God provides ALL our needs according to His riches in glory, by Christ Jesus. ( I will always refer to the scriptures for my beliefs because I believe that is the basis on which we find the principles and understandings of God and His provisions for us)   Through out the scriptures we see many incidences of God providing for His people material things.  Jesus taught very definitley about it, also.   What has happened is that people have taken  the cautions in the scriptures, about having a right attitude and not TRUSTING in certain riches, and taught and convinced themselves that GOD does not want us to have material things.  The truth is without material things i.e. MONEY we could not help the poor as we are to.  God told Abraham,  I will BLESS you and MAKE YOU A BLESSING!  We can't BE a blessing IF we are poor ourselves.  That's just ludicrous.  And as BEELZEDAD pointed out about people dying... If God's people were more in tune with the BLESSINGS of God perhaps there would be LESS and LESS people dying of hunger.  I believe it is GOD's INTENT to BLESS His people and MAKE THEM a BLESSING.  We need to change our false and foolish piety of thinking that we must be poor to be humble.  The truth is we must be humble in attitude whether poor OR rich and obey and believe God.  It is HUMBLE to leave our own philosophies or way of thinking and CHANGE OUR MINDS to HIS way of thinking.  Religion is leaving God's way and doing things OUR way.   TRUE Christianity is leaving OUR way and doing it GOD's way ONLY.    Once again this subject is too great to touch on in one comment but it IS a REALITY and GOD DOES answer prayer but we MUST come HIS way and it is NOT TOO HARD to do it HIS way.  It is so much better, wiser, etc. etc.  HIS way are HIGHER than our ways.  HIS thoughts are HIGHER than our thoughts.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

Had it not occurred to you that if what you say is true that "god provides ALL our needs and DOES answer prayers HERE IN THE NOW" that there would be no poor or starving people?

Are you saying their prayers are NOT answered or is the answer they are receiving from god a resounding "NO SOUP FOR YOU!" ??

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Again, this appears to contradict what you just said earlier, and I shall repeat and bold: 

"god provides ALL our needs and DOES answer prayers HERE IN THE NOW"

Therefore, the only other conclusion I can reach from your post is that the starving need to get in tune with god? Is that it? It's all about getting in tune to get some food?  smile

1. profile image0

I know from just a few posts back and forth it may seem that way but I hope to be able to explain it more and more as we talk about this.  That is, IF you would like to.  smile)

2. profile image0

On this point, I would also like to say that you "clipped" a vital part of the scripture which I stated above.  God provides all our needs accoring to His riches in glory BY CHRIST JESUS.  I know some might not like that part of it but in truth if you are to say what I am saying was contradictory, you must understand that I am always speaking from the vantage point of what the scriptures teach and especially in regards to the Christian perspective.  You see, I believe according to the scriptures that God has sent Jesus Christ to restore to us all the provinsions that were stripped from man when Adam committed "high treason" so to speak in the garden of Eden.  When God created man He gave MAN (mankind is what I mean here) dominion over the earth.  It was man's place to watch over it and subdue it and replenish it.   When Adam trusted satan's word ABOVE God's and ate of the fruit of the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil he sold out mankind and LOST out to satan.  Satan then, became the god of this world and man lost his dominion.  Long story short, Jesus came and defeated satan and TOOK IT BACK. ALL power and authority was in turn, given unto JESUS.  NOW.... in HIS name, WE can take back that same authority and power in our own lives and sometimes in the lives of others.  God's PROVISIONS are all done THROUGH Jesus.   Jesus is the DOOR to ALL that God has for mankind.  He is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE.  NO MAN comes to the Father BUT by Him.  Jesus said, in the past you didn't go to the Father but NOW in MY name you can ask it it will be given to you from my Father in heaven.  The PROVISION is IN Jesus Christ.  If people try to come some OTHER way, they won't get there.   ANY PERSON can come but they MUST come this WAY.  He's the ONE that provided it and bought and paid for it by HIS death on the cross and GOD resurrected Him from the dead as HIS stamp of approval on it.   It's not hard it just that it is ONE way and not many.  It's just that it is a PARTICULAR way and not VARIOUS ways.  SIMPLE but DEFINED!!   If one can work with THAT, then one can have it all!!!

So now when I say something please understand that this is the place where I am coming from.

Yes, I already know where you're coming from, that isn't the point. You contradicted yourself and did nothing to explain it.

Repeating the sermon and the contradiction over again does not explain the contradiction. smile

3. profile image53
          passingthewordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God does answer pray, but he is not going to answer a pray that will hurt you in the long run. What could happens to people that win the lotto (not all of them) they might think they don't need God any more. The money might lead them away from God.  That is what it is saying in Matt 16:26 What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
          A lot of times God answers pray by opening our mind.  By reading the bible a lot of the answers are in there. He has given us the tools, the knowledge, the common sense  to overcome and get our prays answered. What can you pray for. finances, consoling, strength, you can pray for anything.  Pray is also to just communicate with God. Just to talk to him tell him you love him. when i pray to God and i tell him i love him, he answers me. I know this because i feel the holy spirit in me just comforting me and giving me the strength to fight another day. even though i sin.
          Find God he will show you what you are looking for.  Don't be angry. my biggest battle is I am angry at being lied to all my life (long story) . I now know the true God and he is teaching me how to handle this anger. even though i fall (a lot) but I have Jesus that died in order for me to be forgiven. Jesus tells us to forgive others 7 times 70. that is 490 times. and that is how many time Jesus is willing to forgive us. as long as we are sincere in our hearts.
          God bless and good luck to you.

1. Pcunix profile image92
            Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What happens when starving children get fed?

Oooh, AWFUL things!

That must be why your gods don't answer their prayers.

1. profile image53

Well God blessed us with jobs and a little money to help. Are you helping. I sponsor kids and i am sure that these kids are getting their prays answered. Why are they getting feed, like i said before God has blessed me and now i bless others. Are you blessing others, are you feeding the starving kids. Hope you are.

That makes no sense whatsoever. You are saying that god blessed you with money, and you are giving it to the starving. Why doesn't your god bless the starving and they can give you money? Or, why doesn't he just bless you and the starving with money?

What makes you superior to them? Do you actually believe the starving want to be charity cases and take your money?

smile

1. profile image53

Wow do you believe in a God. Because it sounds like your mad at Him.

Why didn't you answer the questions? There is no reason to focus on me personally, this is a discussion forum, are you here to discuss? If so, please answer my questions as you have presented some serious contradictions. smile

2. Woman Of Courage profile image59
                Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

passingtheword, Odd how those who whine about God not feeding the starving people are not doing anything to help themselves. It has been explained multiple times in these forums that God works through the people, but some refuse to acknowledge that.

If god provides for you, why doesn't he provide for others? Why should he provide for you and then you provide for others, that makes absolutely no sense. Why can't he instead provide for others and they provide for you? Wouldn't that be a better scenario, as it would allow you to walk in their shoes, if they had any shoes to wear, that is... smile

Even if the prayers are for food, god answers with an emphatic, "NO SOUP FOR YOU!"  smile

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

um

roll

1. ediggity profile image60
        ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did God not answer your prayers when you were at rock bottom?

1. profile image0

Is that what god taught you about anonymity
          Listen, you crossed a huge line
          reported and I am so pissed

Line of what?  I simply asked you a question about your profile.  Sorry if I offended you.  I didn't mean to.  I didn't realize it was a sensitive subject since you put it in your profile. neutral

1. profile image0

can we please just let this go I have no clue what your talking about and nor do you have of what I am
              goodnight, my father just died so Im probably not acting at all normal, like really not normal, please just know that, this is not me, sorry

It's ok Kim, sorry about your father.  Consider it gone.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

3. speedbird profile image61
      speedbirdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me I believe God answers prayers, but will greatly depend on how honest your prayers are plus your true faith in him.

smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would this be the unconditional love thing? lol

It greatly depends.......................

4. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God answers my prayers all the time. You are supposed to pray to God, it's a comandment.

5. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77
      wba108@yahoo.composted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are times when God chooses to answer a prayer in a way that we don't expect. For instance we can pray for patience and God may bring a person into our lives that test it to the limit. God may often also choose not to operate on our timetable.

There are things that can hinder our prayers. Such as unforgiveness, personal sins, and unbelief. We don't have to be perfect people for God to answer our prayers, only to be people with a perfect heart. And by perfect heart, I am speaking of a heart like David's who failed many times but desired God above all else.

It not true that if we're good, we don't have to pray to God. Jesus spent much time in prayer to the father. It says that we should pray ceaselessly,another words we're to live in constant communion with God. Some think prayer is just speaking our requests to God but its not its communing with the Father.

2. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I believe the true gifts that God will impart through prayer are enlightenment. People forget Mark 12:17. I think the fullest meaning of the message is that the things of God are not of this world. Prayers for material things are of no consequence to him, no matter how worthy you might consider the prayer to be. Not one of us is capable of understanding the mind of God.

When no food is available for eating, enlightenment is furthest from the minds of the starving.

Like food?

And yet, here you are, contradictory to that statement, telling us how the mind of your god works. Funny that. smile

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the statement was that no one understands the mind of God. Not sure where the confusion was on that point.

Jesus himself said the poor would always be among us.

Tell you what B, if you want to start a new charitable organization to feed the hungry, contact me. I'm in. It might make us feel better about ourselves, but it won't be a drop in the bucket to the suffering the human race has allowed to continue unchecked.

Put the blame squarely on those responsible and we'll definitely have room for a conversation.

I do put the blame squarely on those responsible, your god is entirely responsible. No one else. smile

1. profile image0

I'm sorry? Is that some confession of belief in God? I know what you're expecting. I'm supposed to now praise Jesus that you've seen the light, but I think you are really saying it is the fault of all those who believe.

I suppose you also think the 170 million killed by the atheists during the last 100 years were mercy killings? Put them out of the misery of living on a world that God won't fix for us? Your compassion knows no bounds. I stand in awe.

No, it is not a confession of belief. Like any mental disorder, the patients delusions are real for them. Under analysis, the disorder must be treated as if the delusion was real, in order to relate to the patient being treated.

Hence, I am pretending for the sake of argument that your god exists simply because your god is real for you. In other words, I'm perfectly capable of pretending gods exist while it is almost impossible for a believer to pretend gods don't exist. It is the only way to relate to a believer's beliefs so that the believer can understand the discussion.

Yes, I'm sure they were all chanting and screaming "In Atheism We Trust" and "Bless Reality" as they viciously slaughtered their enemies.

There are no believers in foxholes. lol

2. profile image0

Beelzedad,
            You have a right to you opinions, that is your prerogative.  I would add, it doesn't make them right but you get to choose what ever you want. smile

This is not a matter of opinions, it is a matter of you presenting your beliefs such that they contradict reality, completely. You said:

"god provides ALL our needs and DOES answer prayers HERE IN THE NOW"

And, you have done nothing to resolve this contradiction considering there are tens of thousands of children who die of starvation every day and your response to that is first that the children need, "to get in on His specific promises you have to come His way and that way is through Jesus Christ" and then you change your mind and go on to say, "because of immoral men who do NOT serve God but only serve their bellies".

Clearly, you are just making up excuses to defend your impossible and irrational claim. It is hypocrisy, intellectual dishonesty and contradiction at its finest. It is very sad indeed. smile

2. Pcunix profile image92

The apocryphal Jesus said many contradictory things. 

Prayer doesn't work. It doesn't work because there are no gods.

1. profile image0

There are no gods? For goodness sakes pcunix. Everyone knows that silly. There is only a God. Thank goodness we've found a point to agree on though. I was losing hope.

I suggest that you pay no attention to those who try to hijack the issue and turn into a debate on whether there is God or not. Every discussion about God is a fertile ground for these gentlemen to sow seeds of their irrelevance and watch gleefully  at the discussion grow  and take a completely different path rather than the one that it was started for. They do it all the time. It is best to ignore them

1. profile image0

You are right, and I apologize for being testy here. Yours are good thoughts.

2. Cagsil profile image69
                Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So ignoring others? An interesting way to show your love and compassion for those who don't agree with you. hmm How sad for you? sad

Cagsil, you are completely off the mark! I did not ignore you as a person and believe you me, I could love you like I love my best friend. It is your argument that tends to take away the meaning of the discussion that i wanted people to ignore.
                  Is this alright?

3. getitrite profile image71
                getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The very reason why God does not answer prayers is that He is imaginary, but you can go on banging your head against the wall all you want, trying to figure out why no prayers are answered.  We are only trying to save you some of this futile effort...but be my guess, and just ignore the obvious, and continue down the road to madness.

2. Cagsil profile image69
              Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really, point it out? roll

3. Pcunix profile image92

No, your particular delusion is just one of many that are claimed to answer prayers. No prayers are ever answered by any gods.

2. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

PC, I think it's pretty well accepted that very often a group of people gathered around an ill person and praying for their recovery will help.  At least as long as the sick one knows (or perhaps even believes) that they are doing it....Basically another form of Voodoo curses.

It can work.  Is it an answer from God?  Well, that's another question entirely!

What does that establish?  If the person does NOT know they are doing it, no benefit is observed.

1. wilderness profile image95
                wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is correct.  I just intended to point out that "prayer doesn't work" is not necessarily correct as it can "work" in certain circumstances. 

It is true that the circumstances that prayer does work in indicates that the results are not from God rather than an answer to the prayer, but it [i]does]/i] work.

3. janni321 profile image60
    janni321posted 13 years ago

may be he is not interested in whatever you pray. the man created the god himself, god does not exists in real. so stop praying

That is not the point at all.

4. profile image0
    roshkaurposted 13 years ago

well i'd personally say say that God is a soul and so are we..
    we inherited all the qualities of His and it depends on us how do we wanna keep our souls pure as His. We can always connect ur soul to Him through thought. When we say pray means we talk to him and the way to know if He listens is by meditating which is to listen to Him talking to us.... (v)

5. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

God answers all prayers.  Just keep in mind it may not always be the answer you want, or agree with.  smile

I would most certainly disagree with gods answers to the tens of thousands of children who die daily for lack of food. Clearly, his refusal to feed them is not a moral or ethical decision I would align myself. smile

Well, I am glad you agree with my post, even though you disagree with God's answers.  God has a plan for everyone, even you. smile

What would the dying of starvation of tens of thousands of children each day be relevant in your gods plan? Do tell us this amazing plan that includes such horrific and immoral behavior. smile

I'm not sure what it has to do with Gods plan for those people.  The result may not be known for a long time.  Only God and knows.  Why did God plague the Egyptians?  smile

That's odd, you often opine on how your god thinks and acts, yet you can't come up with anything on this one. Of course, this is a very important one considering it has to do with tens of thousands of starving children who are starving to death because the god you love and worship refuses to answer their prayers and feed them.

How is that different from a ruthless dictator doing that to his own people? How could anyone worship such an horrible god who does such things?

Why would you want me to answer a question to a biblical fairy tale? smile

Again, you try to place limitations, your philosophy, and opinions of right and wrong on the beginning and the end, and then wonder why the answer comes back in indeterminate form.  Maybe you should study the derivative of your philosophy.  smile

I don't know why you continue to answer any questions about things you don't understand or believe in.  It's actually quite funny. lol

Precisely. smile

There's nothing wrong with trying. smile

God answers no prayers.

How many soldiers who have lost arms or legs have prayed for them to grow back?  It never happens, does it?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seems to me the majikal super being is as constrained by the physical laws as the rest of us. Almost like it is not there.

Still we have several believers telling us wot god does.

He answers all prayers
        He answers no prayers
        He answers some prayers - depending
        He answers but you will not like the answer or even notice there was one - depending

And they all believe in the same majikal super being. lol

I don't know why they just don't ask what Jesus said:

“Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

But of course he didn't mean that, because nobody ever moved a mountain.  They'll just say that was metaphor.  But then at other times, they'll tell you he meant whatever he said absolutely literally.

Liars for Jesus.

2. ediggity profile image60

I think you should re-read my original post, and then rethink yours.  Additionally, I would ask:

What evidence do you have of soldiers praying for their limbs to grow back?

Lastly, I would agree with the latter.  No, it never happens, because none of the soldiers pray for their limbs to "grow back".  They know the limbs are gone forever, and they pray for God to give them strength in their time of difficulty.

smile

Yeah, sure they do..

I guess you have no proof of what they do either way.  More opinion.  smile

Keep dreaming.

Probably one of the most amazing examples of illogical denial ever seen.

You know prayer cannot regrow limbs, so you insist that no such prayers are ever made.

Truly fascinating to watch you distort reality.

The statement was just my opinion, but God is capable of anything. smile

Not capable of growing limbs.

Not capable of answering any prayers at all. Proven over and over again in experiment after experiment. Never answers.  Proven that prayer does not ever work.

Have you proof of someone who's prayed to have a limb grow?  Maybe God's answer was a prosthetic.  Using experiments to determine the validity of prayer is subjective to the satisfaction of the answer.  If the prayer doesn't align with God's plan, one shouldn't bank on having it their way.  Prayer isn't equal to making an order at Burger King.  smile

Yes, he's just too humble to show his capable side. smile

You're trying to place and frame your view of morality around the actions of God.  It doesn't work, more philosophy zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz  smile

2. getitrite profile image71
                getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I were missing a limb, and I had faith that God COULD do anything, I would immediately pray for Him to regrow my limb.
                To suggest that one would not pray for a new limb requires no faith and just lip service.

6. profile image0
    jomineposted 13 years ago

god, devil, sun, earth, and all imaginable things answers your prayer with YES, NO OR WAIT.
    and they all know what is best for you

lol

7. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes well you just might find You get what you need"
    Is God a profiteer?

8. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

How prayer works... or doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAa … r_embedded

9. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

We need to understand that God is not our private genie.  God is not forced to work for us, we that have chosen that path to follow and work for God, he alone decides whom he'll bless.

People looking to test God approach him with dirty hands for example only interested in getting a lot of money for their own selfish desires.  People have ignored the needy but expect God to do for them.

God does answer pray but mostly it won't be when we expected it because we need only look at all the generations in bondage until God decided to send Moses to answer those prayers.

King Soloman was given knowledge unmatched by anyone and riches beyond belief without asking for them.

1. profile image0

and the wise soloman did worship so many gods, for what i wonder!!

1. SpanStar profile image59
        SpanStarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jomine,

May you need to continue your search for answer to that question since I understand what your point is?

10. superwags profile image66
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

God DOES answer prayers. Two years ago I lost my job. I prayed hard for a mere eight months, then miraculously, I got a new one.

Sure, that's much more important than dying children.

1. superwags profile image66
        superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Eh? Were you replying to the wrong post?

No.

1. superwags profile image66
            superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then I don't understand what you're talking about

11. profile image0
    Pat Dubéposted 13 years ago

It seems to be the "concern" of several here on this post that "children are starving all over the world."  One only need to do a search of the internet and they will find the reason for that.  It is not the selfish prayers of Christians who pray to take their children to Disney World or for a better house or a new vehicle or a new job.  It's not that God does not answer prayer but instead it is a breakdown of the society of this world.  It is a turning AWAY from God rather than a turning to Him and He does not answer.  The reason children are dying is because of immoral men who do NOT serve God but only serve their bellies.  It is men and governments who steal from their own people including the children.  It is not the fault of believers but rather of those who have no regard for the things of God, or society, or even mankind.  Children are dying in this world because there are wicked people who prey on them and their families.  Christians and America have done more for the sick and dying children in this world than any other organization or nation.  Instead of trying to demean and malign those who believe in God and pray and hope and expect Him to do good and to help out our world, perhaps these people should rather join in and do their part and stop trying to stir up discord, by pointing fingers and putting down other peoples beliefs.

Yes, this would also be a serious denial of reality and an ill-conceived excuse for defending an evil god.

That is not true, in fact many of those countries have leaders and governments that are praying to your god and begging the rest of world for food.

Yup, the rationale of believers eventually disintegrates into blaming everything and everyone else instead of placing the blame where it should be, on the shoulders of believers who praise their gods. smile

1. profile image0

You said:
        "That is not true, in fact many of those countries have leaders and governments that are praying to your god and begging the rest of world for food."

Please substantiate this so that I can further comment on it.

You didn't substantiate your claim in any way shape or form yet you expect me to do that? lol

1. profile image0

You didn't ask! smile

I shouldn't have to ask. You make an extraordinary claim so you should provide the extraordinary evidence to substantiate your claim.

Yes, I do understand some countries have evil dictators who may abuse or even torture their people. Many more countries do not yet their children starve to death every day.

There is no Jesus handing out food for their prayers, yet you have confirmed well beyond a shadow of a doubt in your mind that all prayers are answered.

A contradiction of biblical proportions. smile

1. profile image0

Just a few to substantiate the natural causes of hunger.

http://www.globalissues.org/article/11/ … the-hungry

http://www.enset.org/2008/08/why-are-th … rving.html

http://www.globalissues.org/issue/2/causes-of-poverty

Here is God's word that He does feed the hungry. 

Psa 146:7  Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners:

Psa 37:25  I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

God feeds those who believe in Him.  He answers those who call on Him.  He meets all my needs.  I call on Him.  He hears me.  He hears His people.  Those who serve other gods or nothing at all, will get the benefits of what they serve.  That might sound hard but that is the truth.  If a person wants what God has they must come His way.  They must come through Jesus.  Period!!  Every nation, every people, every individual is welcome but only those who come to Him through faith in Jesus will partake of His blessings.

He doesn't want people to go hungry but He will not interfere in the affairs of men until they call upon Him to do so.  The only way you can call upon Him is through Jesus.   Not Allah, not Budha, not Brahman or Vishnu, etc. etc.  not ANY other NAME IN HEAVEN OR EARTH but ONLY by the name of JESUS.

Jesus hands out food to HIS followers. The followers of of OTHER gods get just what their gods can give and that is NOTHING.  Come to Jesus and you will be fed.  That's as substantial and plain as I can give it to you.

To others who may read this post:

My intention is not to offend ANY but if people want their prayers answered they MUST come through Jesus and reject all the false gods and false religions and come to the ONE TRUE GOD.

Yes, you keep repeating this sermon over and over again, ignoring reality and those who starve to death. I have already told you that those who starve to death have been indoctrinated into the same religion as you, and they pray and worship exactly the same god as you. Please stop repeating yourself as it does nothing but add to the contradiction and hypocrisy.

Yes, that's what I said, they pray to Jesus. Is there some reason why you can't understand this simple fact?

Again, you are contradicting yourself and are obviously refusing to read my posts in that his followers are starving to death by the thousands every day. Understand?

Your words are extremely offensive, especially to the Christians who pray for food to Jesus but instead starve to death. For this contradiction, you have not explained at all. smile

1. profile image0

Darn. I had decided to find one of your comments and post something contrary, but I'm somewhat with you on this one. How odd is that?

2. profile image0

Beelzedad,

That's very sad... very sad.  I am not going to argue or debate with you.  It's apparent you are not interested in hearing what I have to say.  You are just trying to cause an issue.  You aren't going to get one from me.  I stand by everything I have said and have not contradicted myself even once.

12. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

Psa 37:4  Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

13. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

I can give you something to chew on.  Of course many will refuse to accept this for what it actually is. 

My wife and I wanted a child but never had one.  Doctors said my wife could not get pregnant.  We were both lost at the time.  I gave my life to the Lord in August, 1996.  In September we found out she was pregnant.  We had never prayed for a child but only wanted one.  In December my son was born.  He weighed 10 ponds and 7.5 ounces.

You can believe it was God or not.  I know doctors can make mistakes.  At the same time I know all people make mistakes no matter what kind of work they do.  This includes scientists.

Whether you believe it was God or not, I will always know that it was God who not only allowed us a son, but caused it simply bewcause we desired it.

Yes, people will believe in all kinds of magical things even though an innocuous explanation is most likely readily available but usually ignored in favor of magic. smile

14. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I don't know much about the God thing but I hope He won't mind me leaving a comment on the offchance it nudges my score up to 100.

15. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"God Does Not answer Prayers"

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep! Works better that way if you are religious. smile

16. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

God Does Not answer Prayers

God does answer prayers:

[40:61] And your Lord says: ‘Pray unto Me; I will answer your prayer. But those who are too proud to worship Me will surely enter Hell, despised.’
    [40:62] It is Allah Who has made the night for you that you may rest therein, and the day to enable you to see. Verily, Allah is the Lord of bounty for mankind, yet most men are ungrateful.
    [40:63] Such is Allah, your Lord, the Creator of all things. There is no God but He. How then are you turned away?

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=60

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)