Want to help? I've made 4 cents with 11 hubs in two months...

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. BigSerious profile image87
    BigSeriousposted 13 years ago

I've only made 4 cents total, according to adsense. I know the process can be slow, and I know it will take a lot more hubs to get any sort of steady increase... but is 4 cents really all I've made so far? Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong, what I could do better? I'm a good writer. Maybe my topics are not very desirable? Maybe I'm not setting up good URL addresses? Maybe... something else?

I'd love critiques. Give me your worst! (That is, your best!)

--c.

1. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My guess is that the topics are not very popular, assuming that you're not getting enough traffic.

Share your Hubs with family and friends. Social networks too.  Work on finding better keywords and SEO for your Hubs, if applicable.

If you are getting a fair amount of traffic, make sure you add Amazon and/or Ebay modules, with highly rated products.

Also, it helps to group like Hubs together.

BigSeriousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I saw you have a lot of hubs that may be helpful. Thanks! smile I'll be reading more of yours.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Use the Google keyword tool to find what people are searching for, the exact phrases, and incorporate them into your hubs. Use the keyword phrase in your title, in the url and throughout the body of the hub.
      It took me a long time to cotton on. I wrote well over 100 hubs before the penny dropped.
      Other people learn quicker, or else they instinctively knew, perhaps from being part of a certain age group of whatever.
      Other people read newspaper adverts to see what is going down or coming up.
      Meanwhile, just write what you feel like writing. It's not wasted even if it's not keyword researched because not only does your writing improve the more you write, but you begin to get a feel for what is working for you.
      When something starts to work, write more hubs around it.
      Welcome to Hubpages smile

Thank you!

2. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

My suggestion is making a variety of hubs. One day I made a hub and I was getting 500 views a day on it. And practically got my 1000 views over night.

Learn about KEYWORDS. Think about how you would search for it, what you would type in the bar.

My best advice.

3. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

You've only been here 7 weeks.  Give it some time.

4. jamiecoins profile image60
    jamiecoinsposted 13 years ago

i have had this same problem i have over 900 views between all my hubs its better than i had expected but i have made 0.67 cent euros so far all the information that has been provided is great thanks and big serious im sure the information provided will also be a great help to you

1. IzzyM profile image87

900 views in just two weeks is great Jamie! Well done!

2. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

um, this user (jamiecoins) has no hubs and has been banned from hubpages....??

1. IzzyM profile image87

Yeah I know. His hubs lacked punctuation completely and were hard to read. But I was in the process of helping him out and had actually edited 2 hubs and sent them to him (it was late and he had gone to bed).

Next thing he was banned!

Shame because his hubs read really well and were informative - I never had to change the grammar or anything - just add full stops and capital letters.

I wrote to team but no response. Jamie is gutted.

5. BigSerious profile image87
    BigSeriousposted 13 years ago

Thank you, everybody! I will be patient. smile

Many people suggest SEO, trackers, etc... I have to admit I still have yet to find a clear, well-written tutorial on how to do this. I have read many, and yet... something is missing. I can't put it all together. Perhaps some of the writers are so familiar with the content, they are forgetting to "spell it out, as if I'm a fifth grader." :-)

I have added a new genre of hub to my list - added a short story I wrote years ago. I've read some people actually have success with that, and since it's content I have available, and it's not going anywhere, I put it up. I'm curious to see how each hub does. I've started adding custom URL channels to my AdSense, but see only 3 listed though I've added all of them. What's the trick? Am I missing something?

I realize I either say "I must be missing something" or ask "Am I missing something?" a lot.

A clue, perhaps. tongue

1. Mikeydoes profile image43
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I explained it about as well as I can.. And then after that you backlink.

Write about things that you would search for, and use the keywords that are searched frequently.

Make a better page than the pages on the first page of Google.

It can be about anything.. I mean there really isn't anything else.

Thank you. smile

6. leahlefler profile image94
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

I'm also new and I am terrible at SEO. I did find this hubpage article, though, and I am studying it to see if I can improve my current hubs: http://hubpages.com/hub/increase-page-r … h-pagerank

It has some clear-cut steps for improving the search-engine friendliness of hubs.

7. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

Loved the recipe, loved the making, didnt like the first paragraph. Too much like selling..

The rest was good.

Add an extra picture, some other vegan based links or anything else about vegan at the bottom and leave out the first paragraph. smile

thats what I think, its your hub, so do as you wish, not as I say.

8. Karanda profile image78
    Karandaposted 13 years ago

You have everything at your fingertips to not only write and write well but earn money from that writing. Check out the Learning Centre, become a part of the community by reading and commenting on Hubs you can relate to, answer and ask questions. Get involved in the Weekly Hubmob and from what I have seen of your writing, you will get there eventually.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)