Who is the Worst American President ever and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (72 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 13 years ago

Who should win the ED Wood Award for the Worst President ever?

My pick- GW Bush he is like a bad Movie, worst than planet 9.

1.GW. Bush IQ is the Worst IQ President in the last 50 years.

2.Iraq the 2nd Most Expensive War in American History.

3.Bush doubled the national debt

4.Bush will go down as the worst environmental president in American history

5.Bush approval ratings were 80–90% approval for about four months after the 9/11 attacks. Afterward, his ratings steadily declined as the economy suffered. September 2008 poll recorded his approval rating as 19%, a record low for any sitting U.S. President.

Who would you pick?

1. tritrain profile image69
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What makes you think George W was dumb?

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4793472_f248.jpg

Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Presidentcy for mummies

2. stclairjack profile image78
    stclairjackposted 13 years ago

as much as i loved his attitude,... and admire hid personal story and spirit,... Truman.

i'm thrilled he desegragated the millitary, and i am glad he was the hand at the helm for the remainder of WWII,... but looking back in hind sight,... korea was a the first step in the "limited war" game.... and it was a disaster that we still contend with to this day.... all things since follow from that failure.

i loved the man, but hated that.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Please hide this forum thread from Ladylove bec. Obama is in trouble again.

1. stclairjack profile image78
      stclairjackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol!

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

If you caught me so easy, she might come along soon.

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Obama is in trouble again... with whom?

evidently with ladylove! ha!,... i'll wager my whiskey money that obama and bush2 will be the top picks here! ha!

5. Mighty Mom profile image78

As for worst president, I'll go non-partisan and list two:
    1.Carter
    2. W

hard to argue with non-partisan honesty

After being the President, I think Carter is the best former President ever  and the kindest.

1. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"I never had sex with that woman"!
        Just to start with.

In full context Clinton said, I did not have sexual relationship with that Woman, somewhat true, he did not promise her a rose garden.

What got me was blow jobs is not sex with a woman. I have only heard that about gay’s sex, if one is the blow-ee and the receiver is not gay. In my books, it still makes them both gay

6. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

Bush wins the race...He was worst usa president who made usa totally unpopular in the world , swallowed its economy , made it from most powerful country to second most powerful country , got into not needed war in Iraq which saw deaths of 0.10 million people , in due course made usa even more unpopular...surely King Bush-II would be rated in history as man who showed the world , that any one can become president irrespective of IQ and take down the ship...

7. stclairjack profile image78

you'll never find me defending mr bush as a president, perhaps i might defend him as a person but not his white house performance,... the folks i'm most angry at over his 8 years of bushisms are the democrats that allowed it to happen,... they ran Gore? oh please, this man  has the personal charm of cold can of turnip greens,... without the onion,... then 4 years later they run the same thing version 2.0 in kerry.

yes IQ matters, as does experience and world view and so on,... but,... when it comes right down to it,... americans vote for the person they think they could have a beer or shoot hoops with,... case in point, Bill Clinton..... we were very lucky he had the IQ to go with the beer gut.

Clinton had the second highest IQ in American President History and was honest too.

Clit-ton may have been the first black President too, because he played the saxophone and screwed ugly white women; even I might lie about that.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He was honest? Now that's a laugher if I ever heard one.

Clinton had (per capita) one of the highest Productions and one the lowest wars in American history.

True, it's most likely a President candidate wills the greatest liar to get elected, yet it is what in his good heart that matters. That more honest in my books than a President telling the public they are very very honest

2. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

you are aware that your second statement contradicts your first one where you claimed he was an honest president, right?

There is degree of honesty, as the greatest pass time in America is lying.

Then we have a higher degree of liar called Presidents. A among them, Clinton is one of the most honest Presidents USA has had.

If someone thinks my comment is nothing but one big fat lie on my part, than that person has a higher degree of lying than me.

1. profile image0

Well you do have a point there, as I will say Clinton was a helluva of a lot more honest than George W. Bush ever was. wink lol

edit:  although i still don't see how he got elected when he said his infamous line, "I never inhaled...only exhaled." (in reference to alleged use of marijuana) wink  lol

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63
              I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe his line was "I did not enjoy it, and I did not inhale", implying that he just held the smoke in his mouth and it did not enter his lungs, similar to how one would smoke a cigar. It was a stupid thing to say and he should have just admitted to smoking pot (it didn't hurt the electability of the two guys who came after him), but what he said was not inherently a lie, although common sense tells us he probably was lying.

2. Flightkeeper profile image68
            Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it after what I read.

8. Misty39 profile image60
    Misty39posted 13 years ago

After the 9/11 incident there has been an investigation going on,the inspector said that it was almost impossible to knock down those iron beams in the twin towers,he asked that these beams be left alone until further investigation took place,but instead the beams were rushed out and sent to Japan to be crushed/melted down etc.Also recently Bush was on a talk show and Bush was asked why he was up above the twin towers during 9/11 in his private jet(?)his face turned a crimson red...A sign of guilt or what? Mrs.Bush got on national tv an said let that be a lesson to you kids(?)while her's were out getting drunk other parents children were in iraq getting killed.
    http://www.wtc7.net/articles/kimball/th … raper.html
    Here is a great news cast of what happened on the news....

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah I'm pretty sure Bush had the planes crash into the towers just to boost his ratings in the polls.  he hired the terrorists with all his family money.  I'm thinkin' he also hired the Japanese to set off  the earthquake, and the tsunami, so the nuclear plants would be damaged, all so he could make money off his oil investments.
      Charlie Sheen sharin' his drugs?

Bush is not compensate enough do those things.

2. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No...i dont think bush could have done that not especially when bin laden himself made statement that he planned and his men did 9/11...that chapter is closed and no need for conspiracy...bush was dumb but not so dumb that he can risk to that extent...

9. Misty39 profile image60

I liked president Clinton,no war no problems,he went out of his way when help was needed and the white house swept it all under the rug,Clinton went on ahead to help any way..It was said that Clinton had the highest IQ out of all the presidents.And Bush the lowest.

The last 50 years anyways. for those IQs

10. Misty39 profile image60

If any one ever decides to donate to American red cross please read this first,only one organization helped 9/11 that was Salvation Army...
      http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/07/ … 6886.shtml

Why do people call this country Corrupt America?

11. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

Every president has been horrible. You name 'im, and I can tell you how they desecrated the Constitution.

Yes, all Governments are corrupted to degrees, true leader are the people themselves.

12. tritrain profile image69
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

George W.

Mainly because he chose Cheney as his VP. 

Plus W eats kittens.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4792311_f248.jpg

Did his little dog tell him to do that?

13. stclairjack profile image78

these conversations are always soo damned entertaining!

nush is not the devil,.... he might have been cheneys oyal side kick,.... but that doesnt make him the devil,... it makes him uncle screwtapes nephew. (no one is gona get that joke but i told it anyway)

14. DannyMaio profile image60
    DannyMaioposted 13 years ago

Carter was by far the worst and the jury is still out on Obama. so far not good, very weak, and very sneeky, just a reverend like preacher to me. His policies are very bad for the country and wants to change this great country. I still do not think he will catch Carter. the best presidents I have 2 Reagan and Clinton. both I believed did a great job. Bush made many mistakes and Iraq was the biggest! but in no way did he orchestrate 9/11  to many people would have had to be involved and someone would have spilled the beans. I do believe if no Iraq war Bush would have been a decent president, was very fair to both sides on domestic issues.

15. classicalgeek profile image83
    classicalgeekposted 13 years ago

I have yet to see any mention of Franklin Pierce.

16. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I don't know about worst but JFK was one of my favourites, he'd be in my list of best presidents

17. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

If you asked this one during the Civil War, many people both from the North and the South, would have said Lincoln.  Why?  His declaring war here pitted Americans against Americans, brother against brother and so on.  He went down in history (TRUE history) as one of the most hated Presidents in America because Americans fought one another, not some foreign invader.  He was so hated that for over 100 years the South voted Democrats in office just for the fact they hated Lincoln who was a Republican.

1. someonewhoknows profile image74
      someonewhoknowsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where Lincoln is concerned Isn't It really a matter of perspective?  The south certainly would see him differently than the north simply because of the different perspectives between the north and the south on the war.

My vote is Bush and Bush Sr.both deserve to share the title of worst president. Bush Sr.for the first Invasion of Iraq and his son for the second Invasion of Iraq.

Reagan was "Acting" as president only because Bush Sr.told Reagan he would never see the Inside of rhe whitehouse except as a tourist if Reagan didn't make him his vice presidential cadidate.Which of course did.

Clinton no doubt has a hi IQ.However a hi IQ doesn't confer moral or ethical character which he obviously didn't have.
      Let me see wasn't it Clinton who said Quote "It depends on what your definition of "Is - Is." He was instumental in passing "Nafta" which temporarily boosted our economy while permenently boosting China's economy.Way to go!

Lincoln and Kennedy and Jackson definitely deserve to share the title as among the best presidents.All of them were against  private control our the money supply.

BobbiRant

Civil War, many people both from the North and the South, would have said Lincoln.

I read,  more people died from being wounded than from direct conflict on the civil war battle field, making it almost as bad as the Second World War for deaths; Per capita it would  have been the worst American war ever.

18. Rod Marsden profile image67
    Rod Marsdenposted 13 years ago

Bush gets my vote. He managed to drag his country into a war that is still going on to, among other things, cover up his own dirty dealings on wall street. In terms of IQ he has also been rated as one of America's least intelligent presidents.

By the way, President Lincoln did not start the American Civil War. When he became president he pleaded with the Southern states to remain loyal and not to leave the union. It was the South that fired the first angry shot at Fort Sumter. Lincoln started his presidency by saying that he would not interfere with slavery where it existed but would not see it introduced into places in the USA where it did not already exist. He was hoping that this moderate view would keep the union together.  During his presidency, of course, he broke his word on this issue.

19. Mighty Mom profile image78

Well, W definitely gets the award for the meanest mummy!
    Barbara is one tough cookie in pearls (and no pearl necklace jokes about Babs, please)lol

I thought Barb was George H. W. Bush, Mother

20. Mighty Mom profile image78

Ha ha, Castlepaloma.
    She is his mistress. Oops, I mean his wife.
    Mother of W, Jeb, Marvin and I don't know what other shrubs...

GW Bush daughter is named Barbara too, she really pushes for same sex marriage.

Her born again Dad, must be proud

21. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

Mr.R.M.Nixon was the worst American President ever. He was the only "incomplete President" who had to exit halfway. As for foreign affairs, he sided with the losing Pakistan and antagonised winning India in 1971 war. All his efforts, alongwith unlimited military aid were wasted in a day during the war. He may have stayed neutral, if he did not want to support the good-side.

Mr.H.Truman was the next worst President. He killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Japanese people at the end of 8/1945. An unforgettable sin, which will hang over the people of America for ever.

Mr.Bill Clinton was next. He gave more priority to his own personal things than to his commitments as President. His rating went below 0 when he declared "I have committed...."

The above ratings are for their external policies only. They may have been good internally. But America treats all foreign countries as their own, and so, the above ratings.

VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA

R.M.Nixon

I almost forgot about him, it's interesting to get an opinion from India

22. BillyDRitchie profile image60
    BillyDRitchieposted 13 years ago

Carter, but Obama is positioning himself to take the crown.

In third place, Bush 41.......

BillyDRitchie

Why Carter ,and you can't count your chickens until they hatch with Obama?

23. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

I feel like Andrew Johnson is objectively one of the worst world leaders of all time. His failure to properly reintegrate the South after the Civil War has had ripples that still effect the region to this day.

His financial policies were little better. Truly a disaster and a great example of why it is unwise to choose a vice-president for the sole purpose of appearing bi-partisan.

1. profile image0

Yeah, that's definitely true, as you won't hear me arguing with you there.  However, if Lincoln never would've died, who's to say we'd be better off?  He originally wanted all the free slaves to move back to Africa or put them up in colonies like we have with Native Americans today.  Therefore, chances are minorities might've had less rights than they do today had Lincoln's vision of segregating the free slaves or moving them back to africa would've came into fruition. Don't get me wrong, I still think Lincoln is a great man, and I think he's one of the few honorable men to ever serve in office.  However, I'm just stating an obvious fact of what his original intentions were before he died.

24. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

Obama sucks the big one.

Who? Does he suck the devil's big one?

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Devil doesn't have a body hence he has no big one.

A lot people think of the devil as red human like with horns and tail.

Maybe you’re into the seven headed dragon, sometime I can't read what people are imagining

25. profile image0
    a blues clueposted 13 years ago

Frankly, the three worst presidents in our history all came 13, 14, 15. Millard Fillmore set this pace by agreeing to the compromise of 1850 instead of taking any definitive stand or thinking beyond the slavery question and the growing north/south divide. Pierce was merely a tragic drunk. He lost his kid en route to the white house and his wife went mad after that. Buchanan did...nothing. He was going to write and justify what he did but when it turned out to be a leaflet, he was content to let history be his judge...he fails. harding was merely a crook, Nixon was too but the unholy trinity of Fillmore, Pierce and Buchanan was the worst thing to ever hit this country

26. stclairjack profile image78

dont mean to sound un-patrioric but the only reason kennedy is so loved and lauded is because he died,... if oswald had never shot the man, we would be talking about the cuban misile crisis in ways different than we do today,.... kennedy did well to get lucky enought to snatch victory from the jaws of disaster,... his ineptitude led to the whole build-up to bigin with,....

and let us not forget him getting us into vietnam,... yes sir,... johnson may have ramped it up to levels that were astounding, but he was only trying to win an un-winnable war that kennedy had gotten us into to bigin with,... would you wana be the president who lost our first war? (truces in police actions dont count it seems),... johnson didnt want to be iether,... and i'm betting obama knows exactly how he felt right now.

and if your chapped because clinton got a hummer in the oval ofice then you need to break out the torches and pitch forks for kennedy,.. oh yea,... so twacked out on pain meds half the time,... but that gets us right back to how he handled the russians leading up to the cuban misile crisis.

i love the story, the romance,.... camalot and all,... they were a beatifull picture of america to the world,... but the best thing he did for his legacy was to get shot.

cant help it,... almost forgot,.... the bay of pigs,.... yea, thats stellar.

27. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Gearge Bush Junior by a mile.

He pretty much stole the white house from Gore, by creating a lawsuit, which pretty much bought him the white house.

His administration lied to the American people to justify going to war in Iraq, and seemed smug about when the so-called weapons of mass destruction were never found. Killing not only Sadam Hussein, but, also his sons, and hundreds of thousands on people in Iraq, and, then left the mess to Obama, or whomever else would have become President...CLinton, or Mcain/Palin. Still the same war. He also suckered us into Afganistan over the whole Bin Laden Lies. Knowing that his former Taliban buddies would be blamed, and he would lose all of his family ties to them.

Then, Just before he left office he further screwed the american people by giving a huge deal to the Auto Industry, Insurance companies, and the banks. Screwing us for decades. Knowing that people would simply blame the new guy for his mistakes.

The sad thing is, his dad was a good guy. But, he was pretty much running the show when brain dead Reagan was President. The guy who put us into the largest debt in history. A debt that President Clinton finally got us out of, until Junior drove us right back down and worse.

Need I say more?

usual it takes 50 years removal to judge a presidents performance in the office and his effects on history,.... but i gota say,.... bush has chisled his epitaph ,.... cant argue with you.

Assumed voted as the worst President ever, so far on this thread

1, Bush Jr.                         7
        2. Carter                             2
        3. Franklin  Pierce            1                             
        4. Lincon                            1
        5, Andrew Johnson          1
        6. Nixon                               1
        7. Bush Sr.                          1
        8, Obama                            1

Like what  brimancandy said Gearge Bush Junior by a mile.

I am only a little surprised Carter was 2nd next to Bush Jr... Such a sweet man had the 3th highest IQ of all Presidents, a good manger, and low rate in wars, economy OK  to so so., well liked internationally, best former President for service today

Maybe Carter was a little lame.

1. pisean282311 profile image63

well this is just hub poll if you take entire usa poll , bush would still top the list and if you take global poll ,he would top the list by huge margin...no one can beat bush...

2. stclairjack profile image78

where is MY vote for truman?,... and for that matter, kick in another vote for kennedy from me please.

28. daviddwarren22 profile image58
    daviddwarren22posted 13 years ago

Bush because he's hypocrit

Bush must have had a hell of lot of hillbillies’ rednecks, hicks, Bible belt type and people who love to blow stuff up. In order to voted for Bush twice in America?

29. Maembe profile image60
    Maembeposted 13 years ago

It would be more interest to do the worst President pre-Carter, so we can really look at what everyone did more objectively without partisan blinders on.  Obviously Bush was the worst in most of our lifetimes, but I'm sure there were some bad ones 100+ years ago.

1. pisean282311 profile image63

ya can be...since bush is recent and dumbest among Reagen , his dad , clinton and obama...he is getting more votes...

30. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 13 years ago

Bush Jr. He left the country in a terrible state and now Republicans blame Obama for the mess Bush made.

31. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Bush Jr gets my vote, although my knowledge of many previous American presidents is rather slim.

32. superwags profile image68
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

Lloyd Bridges? Good sword skills though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)