No, we're not crazy!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (28 posts)
  1. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

"SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (MarketWatch) — Yes, “there’s class warfare, all right,” warns Warren Buffett. “But it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” Yes, the rich are making war against us. And yes, they are winning. Why? Because so many are fighting this new American Civil War between the rich and the rest.

After the 2010 election of these new GOP governors, the new Civil War escalated with a new phase of self-destructive “disaster capitalism,” thanks to the Supreme Court’s Citizen’s United decision. Their strategy was first revealed in the Wisconsin dictator Scott Walker’s war against the unions. Then last week the GOP assault went nuclear.

Get it, folks? In the GOP governors new strategy escalating this Civil War, the GOP is robbing the poor to give to the rich."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-ci … 2011-03-22

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No LMC, they won't get it, they'll be out in droves, heads in the sand and bare asses stuck in the air shouting in defence of the rich to rob the poor!

Who will they blame when it all becomes too apparent to overlook and excuse? Any bets on the left?

2. Evan G Rogers profile image62
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the democrats are doing the same thing.

lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so Evan....not currently in this present time with this gvt we have.

It was foretold. If you elect these tea-p'ers, it will be Bush on steroids.

And, it's the Vodoo Economics that they push over and over and over again! Even HW Bush saw that.

It has to stop. You got your tax cuts, so where are the jobs?.....again. and again and again.....

News Flash: We are not broke!
        There is a TON of money. Sitting in foreign banks. Taken from the sweat and the labor of Americans.

GIVE IT BACK!
        It was gvt policies which made it possible, gvt policies can correct it.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image62

Public Health care is fanning the flames of Class warfare.

In just about every speech Obama gives he discusses how "the rich" need to give more to "the poor" or the "hard working middle class".

These are words that were chosen to incite a class war.

1. DTR0005 profile image61
            DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Evan, that's progressive tax - it's now new as you very well know. It's over 80 years old. Not saying you should agree with it, but it's not new and it isn't very inflammatory. And working for insurance companies, I can tell you with confidence that the insurance industry is fanning the flames of class warfare.
            I am not a conspiracy theorist - I am a middle-of-the-road business man in fact. But this "disinformation campaign"  - likely the largest ever launched by private industry - is what has fanned the flames.

It all started with healthcare reform. Follow the money. Banking and insurance control the "real" flow of money in the country. You start "screwing" with either one and you are going to get, well, what we have gotten...

2. profile image0
            Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Show me how the health care debate fans class warfare? It doesn't. People like the GOP use the health care debate to fan the flames of class warfare, but in itself, it has nothing to do with it.
            Secondly, show me the speech where Obama says the rich need to give to the poor.
            Face it. You are lying. Flat out.

I'm not lying. Ever since "ObamaCare" began being discussed all I find on HubPages has been "the rich vs. the poor".

Who can't afford health care? - the poor. Who has money left over to give to *cough* charity? - the rich.

The very nature of socialized institutions is to fan the flames of class warfare. It's ignorant to even hope that this is untrue.

I haven't been able to hunt down a specific instance of Obama discussing the rich and the poor, so perhaps you got me there. However, whereas Obama might not have used the class warfare rhetoric, it seems that a result of his policies has been to inflame such rhetoric.

I suppose you can call me a liar, but I'll have to call you ignorant.

1. profile image0
                Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

However, THERE IS NOT SOCIALIZED INSTITUTION! We don't have socialized medicine dude! You aren't stupid, and you claim you aren't a liar...so what is it? When those "pools" you talk about are mentioned, how do you ignore that they are pools that are buying PRIVATE INSURANCE!?!?!

Because, Republicans began throwing our class struggle arguments, doesn't mean it in itself stimulates class warfare. YOUR side framed it that way, and then claims it stokes the fires...thus validating the claims of itself. That is like asking a question, giving your opinion, and then verifying if you were right by asking the mirror.

SO, explain. Call me ignorant all you want, but your points are invalid. Explain.

I'm not a Republican. Don't call them "my" side.

Forcing everyone have health insurance or punishing them with a tax is pretty much socialized health care - everyone HAS to own insurance.

3. lovemychris profile image77

It's BEEN a war since Reagan!!
            THEY started it!

Republicorps, USA. Get rich on the back of the middle class.

you forgot to add "because of government" to the end of your argument.

oh, and you seem to still think that it is only the Republicans doing such things. (psst - what do you think ObamaCare is? And Did you notice that Obama is involved in 4 undeclared wars? That sure does help the military industry).

"you forgot to add "because of government" to the end of your argument."

No, I did mention it!! Reagan and Republicorps! And you can certainly add Blue-Dogs to that too. Plenty of them have tarnished everything as well.

BUT--there are Dems who do not. And McCain I believe did not.
                They are not all corrupt.
                So-the system needs to go.Start with the citizens united decision...people want to overide Roe v Wade?
                I say overide citizens united!

2. DTR0005 profile image61
          DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

LMC, did you catch the news bite last week about how the amount of new millionaires has actually surged during the Great Recession?

Bernie Sanders on The Ten Worst Corporate Tax Avoiders: It's Time for Them to Pay up & Share the Sacrifice http://goo.gl/joqqc

2. Hugh Williamson profile image78
    Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years ago

The rich are the benefactors of the present system of ineffectual campaign finance laws, which gives the money-ed undue clout with our government. We've failed to notice a power creep --  which has resulted in favoring the powerful with tax loopholes and the deregulation of financial and corporate law. This has allowed obscene profits to be made...which in turn provides money to plow back to the politicians who play the game.

Campaign finance reform with teeth, control of commodity speculators and realignment of the tax codes will help. The alternative is to let the present system continue to turn our country into a divided society, a society that will hold the rich captive in their isolated bastions and the poor will be likewise be permanent captives of their poverty.

The rise of extremist political factions should serve as a warning that the status- quo needs reform.

3. AnnCee profile image66
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

We simply need term limits so politicians can't become monsters.  It would be better if corporations could only rent guppies for a few years instead of buying monsters for a lifetime.

We need term limits of 0 years.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anarchy, Chaos! Wooo!

anarchy and chaos are two completely separate things.

4. Hugh Williamson profile image78

The guppies are nurtured by the powerful guppy keepers who seem not to care what happens to the country as long as they get theirs. It's time for voters to use that vote to clean house and put representatives into office who understand that they were elected to serve us, not their sugardaddies.

Grab them by the crotch and start walking. Their hearts and minds will follow.

5. Hugh Williamson profile image78

Not to belabor the point but I just ran across this & I wanted to share:

"GE Paid No Taxes on $5.1 Billion in Profits

As Washington worries about the United States' growing deficit problem, there's mounting evidence the government is failing to collect taxes from wealthy individuals and corporations. A piece in today's New York Times by David Kocieniewski outlines how G.E. skirted paying any taxes on $5.1 billion in profits in 2010--in addition to claiming a $3.2 billion tax credit.

The main reason G.E. is so adept at avoiding paying taxes, Kocieniewski writes, is because it's compiled an all-star team of in-house tax professionals plucked from the Internal Revenue Service, the Treasury Department, and "virtually all the tax-writing committees in Congress."

G.E.-- whose slogan is "Imagination at Work"-- has in-house, Kocieniewski writes, what is considered by many to be the best tax law firm in the world. Their secret to success is a familiar one, though G.E. appears to have perfected it: "fierce lobbying for tax breaks and innovative accounting that enables it to concentrate its profits offshore."

So as we close schools, borrow from the Chinese and fight two wars, GE gets a free ride. Reform, anyone?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookou … Rub3RheGU-

1. AnnCee profile image66
      AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's sickening.

1. Hugh Williamson profile image78
        Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it though.

2. lovemychris profile image77

If they really looked, how many do you think they would find? AND people too, who pay 0 taxes?
        and no, I'm not talking about the poor people who have so little income it doesn't count!

Funny, how all these rap artists are suddenly coming under fire. I think it's been a policy to let people not pay!
        Or their accountants told them lies, and pocketed their money.

But, I think under Bushco, evading taxes was pretty much the thing to do. with a wink and a nod from gvt. And on down since Reagan.

That's what I think.

6. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

What it boils down it to figuring out which ones are dirty, because not all of them, as I've been told are.

The problem I have with politicians is responsibility of their position to citizens. The ones that are dirty continue to get away with the stuff they do, while the one who are not do nothing.

The politicians preach integrity, yet have none. What is best interests of the citizenship isn't in office, it's in the citizens hands. The problem is that America isn't ruled by a majority, as claimed, but a minority of people. And it happens to be that it is the wealthy, extremely too wealthy beyond the average person's imagination. Society has been dumbed down so much, even the basic understanding of what it means to be a citizen on the planet, let alone, as a society is all about individual responsibility. The problem is choice. People need to choose what is in the best interest of society, to move forward, so things can improve.

Until individual responsibility is wholly grasped by each person, peace in the world cannot happen, much less grow as a society. Not enough people being on the same page. wink

"The problem I have with politicians is responsibility of their position to citizens. The ones that are dirty continue to get away with the stuff they do, while the one who are not do nothing."

The Democrats in Wisconsin did something. They fought the power. Yes, they still lost, but fight it they did!

It has reached critical mass.

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey LMC,

You are seeing things from the political aspect. Step away from that and see it from an individual level, which is not YOU.

The politicians who are dirty, are the ones in bed with the corporations of the most wealthy. The politicians who are not, are not fighting against the status quo, they are in fact attempting to compromise with those who control the status quo.

This is no way to win a fight. It's a losing battle. The object is to break the status quo and to do so, the dirty politicians truly need to be brought to light and removed from office.

The politicians on a personal level know the fight they are fighting, but in fact do nothing to bring the dirty politicians to light. Their individual actions prove even they are not worthy of the position, because appearance of integrity on their part is in question? There is no integrity in politics.

It's as plain as the nose on your face, but the individual citizen refuses to see it for what it truly is to begin with.

I don't think term limits are the answer, but could be a tool for citizens to prove to politicians that they will truly be held accountable, if they fail to do their job in office.

Term limits would have no need, if integrity had a real foothold in politics. Trust in politicians is non-existent.

It's been a revolving door process for many generations.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)