I have an adsense account but am having trouble linking it to hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Sue B. profile image94
    Sue B.posted 13 years ago

I have an adsense account through blogger.com  I have attempted to link my account and follow the directions on hubpages but I am not receiving an confirmation email from adsense and my affiliates section still shows adsense as not active.  What do I need to do to successfully link my accounts?  Is there a way for me to link accounts a different way besides the directions I followed to check yes I have an account, use my email I have with adsense, the last 5 digits of my phone, my zip, then click link my accounts?

2. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 13 years ago

Sue, did you put your pub code in your Hubpages affiliate settings?  You have to manually enter your adsense code there...

3. Sue B. profile image94

Thanks for replying. I don't know if some settings have changed since others have started but when I check my affiliate settings, the only thing to click next to Google Adsense is "get started" when I click that, I have to enter my email, etc. and link my accounts.  I was able to add my Kontera code manually but I don't see the option to manually ad it for Adsense.

4. Gail Anthony profile image59
    Gail Anthonyposted 13 years ago

I sure hope you get an answer soon.  I have the same problem.  I'm told to enter the code, but there isn't any place to do that.  I'm told to link the account.  I've tried three times but have yet to get a confirmation e-mail.  I'll patiently wait to see what answers you get.

Sue B.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here's my question on adsense's forum.  Hopefully one forum will give us the answer!  I'm not sure if the issue is with adsense or hubpages.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A … &hl=en

5. To Start Again profile image71
    To Start Againposted 13 years ago

Sue, you should get a code from Google that goes in the box next to AdSense on your affiliates page. You can find it on your AdSense Homepage. You should receive an email from Google stating that you are wanting to use your google acct thru HubPages, follow the link in the email to finish the process. You will need to cut and paste your affiliate code in the box when you get it. Be sure to check your junk folder too!

Gail Anthony-- I am happy I am not the only one!

To Start Again- I have my adsense code already- I already have my acount.  The issue is is on my affiliates page I only have the option to click "get started" next to adsense not configure like I was able to do with Kontera. I was able to add my  code right away with Kontera no problem.  Instead, Adsense on Hubpages is only allowing me to fill out the same form linking my accounts but I have not received any email confirming the accounts are linked or any instructions and I've been attempting this for 2 weeks.
      Gail-- If I figure it out- I will let you know!

6. To Start Again profile image71

Sue- I know you already have the acct. I had mine too when I started this time so I had to go through the linking too. I clicked the get started button next to the adsense option then entered that yes i did have an acct already and typed in my phone number and zip code where it asks and my email.
    I then received an email from Google stating that they were emailing me (at the adress I had used to sign up originally) because I was attempting to link my account. I had to follow the link in the email to allow HP acess. I can't remember if they automatically filled the afiliate code in then or if I had to cut and paste the code. Either way, that shounds like the step you are missing. Not getting an Adsense affiliate code but adding your code to your hubpage account. If you have more than one email acct, make sure you check the acct you used to sign up with AdSense in the first place as that is where they will send the info, also make sure all the info you put in matches up and check your junk mail folder. If no email still, try the get started button again or contact google's help team.

thanks. i clicked link acounts several times over the last 2 weeks or so andstill no email. i think it's a google adsense issue then.  i asked for asststance o their help forum. Do you kow of a way to contact adsense help directly?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Every Google ad has a link, just around "Ads by Google," which leads to the contact page.

7. To Start Again profile image71

Thanks, that is what I tried.  I'll share the answer I get from adsense on here so that others facing the same issue know what they need to do.

8. Sue B. profile image94

Just an update-- it has been 2 weeks since I posted on both the hubpages.com and the adsense.com forums and I still don't have a solution.
    It sounds like I am doing what I am supposed to do on hubpages.com.  I am not sure if it is actually going through and processing.  I have not received any email from adsense about hubpages so it is at this step that I am stuck.
    If anyone can assist with this or send me information about contact information for either hubpages or adsense beyond the forums, I would really appreciate it.
    I think this issue is something that was not always present so if anyone out there added their adsense account to their hubpages account successfully within the last month or two- I need to hear from you!
    Thanks!

1. J@ps profile image58
      J@psposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay, it's been a year since I configured my Adsense account in HP.
      But I have just recently added this account into a new blogger blog page without any problem (you in reverse).

Now, it does look like HP changed the Affliate Setting Page and I can see where you have two options (get started and configure if I am not mistaken--it wasn't like that back in the day).

So if you are doing everything right in HP, the problem most probably lie with HP and not with Google. Have you tried sending an email directly to HP yet?

Did you try this yet?
      http://hubpages.com/contact_us_help/aff … c-trouble/

If yes, then click on NO and send your message.

Thank you for the link- I appreciate it.  I attempted to follow the steps but after I sign into adsense, click on my account, and click on account access, I don't have any options to grant access.  All that I see is blogger.com and an option to disable access.  I wrote hubpages about this.  I'll post the solution since I realize I am not the only person having an issue.

Thanks so much for taking the time and helping!

9. mdlawyer profile image43
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

Visit AdSense forums.  Your problem will be solved

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)