Any friends of Spacey Gracey out there - she's been deleted!

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (86 posts)
  1. Business Buddy profile image58
    Business Buddyposted 13 years ago

Help - Spacey Gracey has been banned from Hubpages.

Her hubs are still showing in Google but have been deleted by HP.

No email, no warning and $1k a month not coming in to pay the bills - ouch and help.

2. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

Blimey, you're right.  What on earth is going on???

3. Business Buddy profile image58

I would really love to know Empress.

I got an email from someone I don't know at Squidoo but obviously follows me to tell me all my stuff had gone and ask why.

I haven't had anything from HP but Google has already de-indexed the best hubs so there probably isn't any recovering from this even if SG does fet reinstated.

4. cre8tive profile image80
    cre8tiveposted 13 years ago

I'd noticed that I hadn't seen her around for a while, but certainly hadn't realised this had happened.

I always viewed Spacey as an inspriration on the site - wonder what happened?

5. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Sounds like some terrible glitch! I think you would at least have received an email first or some sort of warning if they had concerns about your account!

Unfortunately, I dont think any staff with the ability to actually fix or respond to your issue will be around for another 7 hours.

1. Andrew0208 profile image56
      Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

HubPages is very lenient when it comes to the issue of banning or deleting account compared to other similar online communities I'v come across or heard of. I know that 'Warnings' are normally sent out first before their taking any of such action. I can't categorically tell what led to that, but Hubbers ought to be very ethical, even to make changes as at when required in the community, less personal, and refrain from the use of seemingly abusive words in the forums.

Business Buddyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope -SG has just been getting the emails about unpublished hubs due to number of Amazon products, and been fixing them and they have been republished. No other communication from HP team.

As far as I am aware SG has never been involved in any sort of forum confrontation and the naughtiest word she ever said was @rse (which if I recall did make Wayne chuckle).

1. waynet profile image70
          waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah that word always makes me chuckle! lol!

Yeah just try and chill, even though it's hard to wait a few hours, nail biting and all of that, but this feels like a genuine error!

6. Business Buddy profile image58

She doesn't know what happened either - woke up this morning to fidn all hubs and followers gone, no email from HP, all hubs de-indexed by Google, and banned from forums.

1. dingdondingdon profile image59
      dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good grief. That could be a glitch, I guess, but the "banned from forums" detail makes me think it isn't. Someone on the Hubpages moderating team has made a mistake, maybe?

7. Business Buddy profile image58

I blooming hope so because I'm (ehm I mean Spacey's) not looking forward to explaining this to the bloke when he gets home from work.

8. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

All you can do is contact the team and hope that there has been some mistake over Spacey's account?

Very frightening when it means a huge loss of income.  Do you know if Spacey has any other sites where she can post her hubs?

9. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 13 years ago

What? you mean the full account gone?!!

Can log in and see the avatar but that is it - zero hubs, zero followers, not allowed in forums. Hubs were showing in Google listings but when clicked on it said unpublished, but now they are not showing in the rankings at all.

Everything was fine 12 hours ago - woke up to find an email from soemone at Squidoo who was concerned that they couldn't access a hub that was returned as the #1 result on a Google search they did.

Gotta be an error then, to have hubs deleted and a forum ban is rather odd to have both happen!!

Hope the Hubteam gets back to you soon on this!

Won't the hubs have permanently lost their position if they have been de-indexed?

If SG was getting the account deleted as punishment surely they would've sent a warning first or at least an email to say they have done it.

If they get back up today they should get back to their positioning in theory, but can't answer conclusively as this has never happened before to my knowledge.

Yes they would have sent an email, which leads me to believe that it's an error and any lost earnings should be compensated if so....!

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
            rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sad  I found this http://hubpages.com/profile/Spacey+Gracey

And you heard nothing from HP before this happened? 

How terrible. I hope it is worked out for you.

1. rmr profile image68
              rmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that's a pretty stern message. I thought it usually said something like "This User No Longer Exists." Hopefully it gets fixed or explained soon!

2. Business Buddy profile image58

Nope haven't heard anything. I have been getting the emails about a hub being unpublished because it violates the new rules, then I open the hub, make a few changes and submit it for publication. I have had maybe 20+ hubs republished after I made changes, one rejected which I deleted, adn a few I have left unpublished while I decided what to do with them.

Seems ridiculous to go to all the trouble reviewing that many hubs, letting me amend them, republishing them, and then banning my account anyway - I could've spent that time working on other stuff.

10. Business Buddy profile image58

Spacey has been working very hard on her own site and so far it has generated a whopping $10- which shows promise, but is around $990 a month short of what her family needs smile.

Email has been sent to team and I will report back (from SG).

11. Business Buddy profile image58

The account has been deleted - if you search for her under hubbers there are no results found - great news after 13 months hard work and learning.

1. dingdondingdon profile image59
      dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That truly sucks. To have hubs and followers all disappear is bad enough, but now that Google has de-indexed them it'll be a long climb back up.

12. sunforged profile image70

the forum ban is irrelevant, the entire account is banned. They are not distinct events.

Hoping your reinstated in the morning and the loss of rank on G can quickly be made up for, it will do some short term damage but its recoverable.

How much longer until it is morning in SF - I am lost with all the clock changes.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it is 2:55 am in SF, Cali. I hope it will be sorted soonest.

13. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

I think there is some terrible glitch.  I have found one more profile that has been banned.

http://hubpages.com/profile/pakpub

Hope the issue gets sorted out soon.

14. Business Buddy profile image58

So you don't think there's any reason for the SG account to get banned? It was really product focussed which I know is not popular now but all the changes to hubs flagged had been accepted and they had been republished. But even hubs republished yesterday by a moderator have been unpublished again.

15. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

This is terrible news BB sad I hope HP gets it sorted out sharpish!

16. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Gotta be a glitch, hell they even let me write here! Seriously, I have never seen Gracie do anything to cause this. Good luck, I feel confident it will get sorted. smile

17. sunforged profile image70

I would expect at least 5 or 6 hours before any regular staff members are checking email/forums. I expect a glitch of this magnitude might involve some cross checking between members in order to get everything fixed.

It will be nearly impossible to do, but really you probably should try and come up with something to keep you distracted until 8/9am PST sad

really lame situation

I am distracted as I have youngest home ill with breathing difficulties today. He gets ill like this quite a lot which is exactly why I had to give up my well paid Communications Manager job and try and figure out how to earn money working from home. So its a real slap today to see my account gone.

Will stop sulking and go back to playing video games with the poorly one.

18. profile image0
    JASON NICHOLSposted 13 years ago

If thats the case then somebody must have reported SG asking to ban her form hubpages. It has happened to my friend many times, Some fool did not like him here on hubpages so he reported him to hubpages every single day.
    And one day he was told that he was banned from Hubpages! He contacted hubpages and asked them why this happened and HP "HUBPAGES" said that he was doing lot of illeagel actions so they banned him. He told them to go through every single action he has done since he joined HP. And after some hours he got an email from HP telling him that he has not done any single illegael action and his account has been restored. He was happy and he asked HP who informed this and they said some guy named ********* informed them about him.
    Does SG have done any action that is not allowed in hubpages? Or maybe SG must have got warnings and not seen them?
    And if thats not the case then Hubpages must be down for reparing. So dont worry, Just try contacting HP and i garuntee you that everything will go good.smile smile smile

19. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Spacey I am shocked to hear this, and like the others am sure it must be a glitch. A pretty awful glitch all the same. And banning Pakpub too? She was a great hubber!
    Here's hoping you both get reinstated soon.

Things like this reinforce the idea that we really should get our own sites up and running as soon as possible.

1. Richieb799 profile image74
      Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps Gracie was using some unethical way of backlinking?

I can assure you Gracie gave up backlinking about 9 months ago as she found it very dull.

20. Mutiny92 profile image64
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

wow!  I am surprised there was no explanatory email.

21. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I'm sure it was a mistake and your hubs will be back. I'm also sure you'll put more effort into your own sites now. wink

22. theherbivorehippi profile image65
    theherbivorehippiposted 13 years ago

Wow..this is messed up.  Hope it gets sorted out!  I've been putting off making a master file of my hubs from all profiles...I guess now's the time to get it done if they can be here today and gone tomorrow.  Not a nice thought.

23. CMHypno profile image84

Did Spacey have a back up of her hubs somewhere?

I can still see all the hubs when I log in, but they are all unpublished so I can just copy them across to somewhere like Squidoo  although I have always thought this would be pointless as they would never regain the ranking.

1. LeanMan profile image80
        LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i suggest you take a full copy of them offline just in case you also lose this view of them! I have a full copy of all of my hubs - although they are a little out of date some of them!

I hope that it all sorts out for you..

I really hope they don't delete them all - they are showing as unpublished rather than a line through them to say they have been deleted.

I'm not sure how many I would bother keeping as they are unlikely to ever gain good traffic once moved to another site - there are a few that might do well I s'pose. Will look into it more tonight, after I've sunk a few glasses of wine.

1. LeanMan profile image80
            LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have you tried to edit one and republish??

24. tritrain profile image69
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Have you contacted HubPages about it?

team@hubpages.com

or

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

I hope it all gets fixed and you're back in business soon!

Emailed them this morning (my time) but guess everyone is still sleeping in SF.

Gotta do the school run soon so hoping this is fixed by the time the kids are in bed - otherwise I am going to have to spend the evening re-thinking our plans for the next few months.

25. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 13 years ago

This is terrible...after all of the hard work you've put in in such a short time, then to have this happen... sad

And it happened to someone else, too?  This is ridiculous.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, to see how HP resolves this for you, SG...I'm so sorry you're having to deal with it...

26. Business Buddy profile image58

I am getting quite upset about it now.

I'm still pleased I wrote the hubs because I made some money over Christmas to tide us over, and I have learnt enough to get started on my own sites, but I am gutted if I really have been banned from HP because I really have no idea what I did wrong and will miss the income so much and I'm really not in a position to go out of the home to work.

1. TamCor profile image82
      TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You STILL haven't heard anything yet? What time do they come to work out there?

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Drop me a PM - I will help you get setup with your own sites and show you how to save all your hubs to your computer so you can post them some where else.

27. sunforged profile image70

it has only just passed the 9am mark in Cali

Thanks - It has been the longest day ever here smile

1. cre8tive profile image80
        cre8tiveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sit tight (which I know must be incredibly difficult) - I think it's safe to say everyone has their fingers crossed for you and believes this is some sort of crazy mistake.

Go out and enjoy this beautiful weather we're having (assuming it's as gorgeous in Essex as it is here in Beds).

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wink It's still coffee time..
      plus I would imagine with so many users, their email inbox is quite full..
      I can imagine it must feel like the longest day. Hang in there.

28. profile image0
    Oceana Swiftposted 13 years ago

I'm very concerned that Spacey was banned without any email explaining the cause.

This is a very serious step to take - with cause or not - and it's alarming that our livelihood can be taken away without a word as to why.

Honestly, my hands started shaking when I read it, and I ran off to check to see if any of my identities had been banned as well. Now I'm doubly glad Nelle is gone. How embarrassing if I were to be banned under my real name!

Please keep us posted and best wishes to get this resolved.

I guess they can just do it whenever they like to whoever they like because it is their site. I felt quite confident that it wouldn't happen because my hubs were getting republished, and while I was making money they were too, maybe I was wrong.

I am assuming now that even if the hubs are republished that since they have been deindexed by Google they will be worthless now anyway.

1. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should be able to regain traction quickly. I had a few dozen unpublished and republished, the initial republish took about 80 hours.. I didnt spend the time to see exactly what the rankings drop was but they quickly were getting search traffic again.

That's reassuring thanks.

29. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

This is a huge shock!  I've always thought Spacey Gracey was/is one of the best, most inspirational of Hubbers.  Sort of like... "I wanna be Spacey Gracey when I grow up!"

Would it speed up a response from the HubTeam, if this thread were moved to "Report a Problem / Suggest a Feature"?

Yes, that is likely to get a quicker response, even the act of moving it requires mod attention.

30. Business Buddy profile image58

How do you move a thread?

I didn't start it there because I was worried that it would just get removed when HubPages team saw me using an alternative id without it drawing any other Hubbers attention - and I really wanted your support and company today.

I put in the request, its one of the flag options "wrong forum category" threads are often moved w/o a mention, its not a big deal.

Im not sure your case is quickly explained in this thread so I added a comment.

" User Spacey Gracey experienced an unannounced ban from HubPages, possibly a glitch? , User PakPub has also been banned"

They probably often get irate emails from people who got legitimately banned. So its important to somehow point out that your ban was unannounced and unwarranted, but Im not quite sure how to do that.

Can hope at this point that a forum mod, would question whoever had the authority or ability to look into site bans and in turn technical staff to correct the issue

31. Business Buddy profile image58

Sending you a big kiss Sunforged. I hope the rest of you are booking your tickets to San Fransisco amd painting placards in preparation for the protest tongue

1. iantoPF profile image79
      iantoPFposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll be there. I think I still have some "Don't buy the grapes" placards somewhere.
      Seriously though, I've been following this thread since you first posted. It's got me quite concerned from the point of view that it seems so unjust and also from the selfish view that if it could happen to you it could happen to me. Or anyone else for that matter.

I've not met anyone yet who matches me on the 'ridiculously stupid bad luck things to happen' stakes so you should be ok.

Honestly I do live quite a charmed life, but when cr@p happens it is usually followed by the explanation 'this never usually happens but...' smile - Gotta keep smiling - only an hour til the kids are in bed then I can start drinking big_smile

32. Business Buddy profile image58

Simone is posting on another thread so there are staff in and I still haven't heard anything - very worrying times for me.

I think as Community Manager she would be passing the issue to someone else to look into and not have the exact role of being able to correct it.

They may even have a different interface that shows certain aspects of the site that is personalized to their roles.

(Thats how i would design it)

in a roundabout way you could say that the unrest created by seeing a prolific and authentic user removed w/ warning is something that needs to be rectified by whoever! as it puts negative vibes into the  community

their is also facebook,,that could possibly get the issue across someones desk quicker

33. Business Buddy profile image58

OK - I've risked further HubPages wrath and posted onto the Facebook wall as well.

34. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 13 years ago

Madness.  I hope this gets sorted out for you as swiftly as possible.

I suspect that every forum-active hubber will soon be following this thread, with both interest, and concern. hmm *

* Until, that is, HP staff close this thread to reply.  Without any explanation what-so-ever.  Bad times indeed.

I know that I am...

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
        theherbivorehippiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too.

35. Business Buddy profile image58

Madness it may be but I've emailed everyone I can think of and still not heard anything. Time to start downloading the hubs.

I just noticed that Maddie posted a few seconds ago on another thread...hopefully she'll take notice of this one?

I don't blame you for protecting your work by downloading them...I can't even imagine how frustrated you must be. sad

2. sunforged profile image70

some of the team members have individual email addresses that may not be as overwhelmed as the team@hubpages mail.

I would guess that an early problem is that the team is jaded to "why was I banned emails" so its important to get their attention in a positive way so someone is willing to look into your case.

Im sure we all cringe when we see the forum posts like " Why Be I adsense disabled, I not anything do wrong"

I expect that admin has similar skin for HP bans.

3. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sad  oh man, It just has to be a mistake. A horrible, scary mistake. I cannot imagine anyone getting banned for no reason, and I really really can  not imagine SG getting banned, not when she has never been anything but kind and supportive.

On another note, I hope your kiddo is well and healthy soon.  You've got enough going on without having to deal with super glitches of the worst kind.

Hang in there, and go make copies of all your hard work!!

36. Rik Ravado profile image85
    Rik Ravadoposted 13 years ago

WE are all with you SG!

37. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Yes I'm also watching this thread with interest. This is a horrendous time for you Spacey and we all want it rectified soonest.

38. Business Buddy profile image58

I've sent an email to the team email address and to both Pauls.

I don't think it sounded like a usual irrate attack - more a tearful question.

Just settling poorly boy for a long night of coughing. When he is ill like this our goal is always to keep him out of hospital and I think being worried about that has taken the edge off of this stress.

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

dreadful sort of distraction that is. Again, I do hope hes feeling better soon. Two of my children were sick frequently when they were small. My oldest spent a bit of time in and out of the ER and so when my second was sick a lot, we decided the same thing. Stay home whenever possible.

Best Wishes for a much better night for you and your family.

From me, too... smile

I went through a lot of problems with my daughter when she was little, also, and I know how hard the nights can be...

Hang in there, we're all pulling for you, and your little guy. smile

2. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am very sorry to see this and I hope that you can resolve it!

I know what it is like to have a very high ranking hub ripped down with little or no consideration for the hard work in getting it to #1.

Backup all your work and as Mark stated earlier PM him and discuss your alternative options with him.

Just cover those bases.. you write well and are a popular person among your peers... if this has been a deliberate action.. you make sure that you do not allow the Insult to be carried by you!

However, there was also a time line that we all had to follow, to get our hubs reconfigured for the new ads etc.  In fairness to HP, Paul really did give us all sufficient time and notice to met the time line. Perhaps that is part of your problem? hmm

You have options..

But ensure that your work is safe first.

This is not a funny thing... nor is it a very smart thing commercially... yet you have the latitude of a 2nd account hmm

Good Luck smile

39. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2mo5pow.gif
    Actually it is not funny...

40. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Hey Spacey,,, I mean Business Buddy, going to send you an email here soon. wink

41. CMHypno profile image84

Keep your chin up and hope that you hear from the Admin very soon. You have so much support here, that I cannot imagine that this is anything more than a glitch (ablbeit a stressful one!)

42. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I'm watching this with interest too.  Seems a wrong has been done and for some reason it is taking rather too long to correct it.  First up, an immediate email apology would have been in order with a note to say 'they' are investigating.

I thought States customer service was a lot better than the UK.

Hubbers are customers... right?

43. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

I sincerely apologize for the confusion.  The ban was enacted by another staff member, and though their reasoning was sound, process was definitely lacking in this case.  After a long, in-depth investigation, Spacey Gracey has been reinstated, and we will discuss the circumstances of the ban privately with her.

Again, my deepest apologies for the emotional turmoil this has caused Spacey Gracey and the other members of the community.  It hasn't been an easy morning for us, sorting through this, either.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)