WebsiteWithNoName.com

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (22 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

I just bought the domain WebsiteWithNoName.com. Now, can anybody tell me what I should do with it (anatomical references excluded)?

1. profile image0
      Contriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well since is doesn't have a specific niche, the perhaps a website that displays your varied interest.

2. ProCW profile image78
      ProCWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You could most definitely have content... the home page could display "And With Tons of NoNameContent" or something of the sort.

Perhaps you could use the NoName thing more within...

CategoryOneWithNoName
      ArticleOneWithNoName
      RelatedLinksWithNoName

smile

Best of Luck! smile

3. ksmith88 profile image57
      ksmith88posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe a topic on helping someone change their identity or fighting identity theft?  Not to sound morbid, just that the domain name suggests a topic of anonymity.

2. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

First I thought a humour site would be most appropriate, then I thought the whole no name thing goes with secrecy, so maybe a conspiracy theory site. How about a funny spoof conspiracy theory site?

3. paradigmsearch profile image60

Thanks guys for the suggestions. They are all good ones! I want more.

Have fun with this folks! I know I’ll get $10 (actually $9.99) worth of entertainment alone out of this critter, so money ideas are just a bonus. So any ideas you may have can relate to both money, non-money, and most any other kind of adventure; it’s all more than fine with me.

Besides, there have been several comments out there as to how boring things are here lately. So feel free to give this thread your best off-the-wall, whimsical concepts!

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What about those three words themselves. Off the top of my head, there are a couple of movies that have either a hero or protagonist known only as 'nameless' or the man 'with no name'.

You may want to talk about movies that have characters 'with no name' or invent your own unique ones. ( online comic strip anyone? )

1. Garrett Mickley profile image78
        Garrett Mickleyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or "The Narrator" (like in Fight Club)

4. fdoleac profile image61
    fdoleacposted 13 years ago

Create a series of blog posts along the lines of a journal that documents your process in optimizing this URL for your goal.  Each of the tasks you perform will have a story behind it.  This would be beneficial to all of us.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image78
      Garrett Mickleyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sounds really cool.

Like writing a speech for speech class about how to write a speech.

Or a term paper about how to write term papers.

5. paradigmsearch profile image60

There are some excellent long-term-project suggestions here. I just wanted to say thank you to one and all. I am mulling them over as you read this.

For the short term I’ve decided to just point the thing here, there, and everywhere. After all, it’s got the perfect name to do that. It will confuse the heck out of Google, but they’ll get over it.smile

In as much as I don’t do deceit, the forwarding will always be unmasked. It’s just the kind of guy I am…

Meanwhile…

A special note to the HP team: You can have this gem for a mere $999.999.99.

6. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

I would make it a satirical site.  "An Unnamed source says that the earth is to be invaded in 2097."  satirical news.  smile

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean that's not true??

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

How about inventing a character called "Noname" pronounced Non-Ammy?
    And of course Noname would have a website - ie the one you have, so then your title would match your keywords throughout.
    Now Noname could be a website expert or anything you can think of.
    Never know it might take off!

8. profile image0
    Rhysjcposted 13 years ago

Sounds like a really great name for a website that sells domains. There's big money in it, if you buy a few domains that you think people will want, then advertise them for sale, you can make a rather large profit. Good luck in whatever you choose to do smile

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i agree

9. Faulz profile image60
    Faulzposted 13 years ago

I think you can sell it to some advertising agencies=))

10. Sheila Kemp profile image59
    Sheila Kempposted 13 years ago

Setup a blog and write a series of posts on how important it is to have a title for each page. According to Google there are currently 49 million pages on the internet which don't have a title. http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en … 3Auntitled

These pages could rank in SERPs but without <title> tags it's not gonna happen.

11. Cordale profile image70
    Cordaleposted 13 years ago

It all depends on what your intensions are with your site. I'm sure you could get a pretty good price for it on a good domain selling site.

12. paradigmsearch profile image60

http://websitewithnoname.com is alive and well. In as much as its purpose is to announce HP links, it is hoped that HP will allow this posted link to live. If not, then oops and I will never do it again. smile

13. SandyMcCollum profile image62
    SandyMcCollumposted 13 years ago

How about a section about things that don't matter? It could be filled with articles with no names...

14. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

What about a forum for misfits, since they have 'no name' lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)