Obama Longs for Long Walks in the Park. . .

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (46 posts)
  1. AnnCee profile image66
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago
  2. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Being the POTUS is a lot like being in prison.
    Except you get to fly on Air Force One lol

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

He is after all a human, do you think it's funny?  I don't understand people that constantly put him down.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I understand that people put him down. I find it hard to stomach the issues these fools continually bring up...

Birth certificate (bogus)
      SSN (double bogus)
      School Records (WTF for?)
      Rev. Wright (If he doesn't hold a cabinet post - who CARES what he said 20 years ago?)
      Ditto Bill Ayers
      These morons complained when Obama put mustard on a burger.
      Now they don't like a comment about walks on the beach.

And the Obama-bashing kooks don't like that they aren't respected.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's why I don't spend too much time in this forum. I think whiners are pathetic. Obama this, Obama that, it's like little kids. For God's sake, go help out at the nursing home, volunteer at a school, do some yardwork.. take a walk in the park.

big_smile

1. Moonchild60 profile image75
          Moonchild60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is the point my husband was making today.  Why do they distract people with trivial nonsense instead of tackling the serious issues that need resolutions?  At least when we attacked Bush we were getting deeper and deeper into debt (from a huge surplus), got into 2 wars and most the world hated us.  These were actual issues.  We didn't even give a damn where he was born or what he did in his spare time. We were too busy being afraid.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
            Mighty Momposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's a good thing we didn't care about what W did in his spare time. He sure did have a lot of it! W took more vacation days in office than another other recent president.

On the other hand, we should have cared MORE about what his Veep did in his spare time. Hunting with Cheney -- now THAT'S scary!!!

2. profile image0
            Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AMEN Moonchild! I get annoyed when conservatives try and equate questioning the birth certificate, or him being a secret Muslim, with Bush spying on citizens without warrant, and lying us into a war that cost American lives and quite a chunk of change.
            it isn't the same. Our arguments are nothing alike actually. One is mature and the other is childish. Period.
            On another note - tell your husband he is awesome, because I looked at your picture for several minutes. There is not a chance in the world that you are 50. Incredibly beautiful. Good for you!

1. profile image0

Sorry - to put in context, I read another post a minute ago about you being 50 and your hubby being 57.

2. tom hellert profile image59
        tom hellertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mr hughes,
        REALLY the bashing never stops did you have the same distain for the relentless attacks on GW? I doubt it-Poor Barry Soetaro,he isnt anonymous - well next time dont run for office-be transparent like you said you were going to be "the most transparent administration". That lasted what three days-maybe. congress on C-SPAN - what do you expect from a guy who wont disclose anything else...
        TH

2. Moonchild60 profile image75
      Moonchild60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

People that have no self-esteem often feel better about themselves by putting others down.  Gives them a feeling of superiority.

3. Jim Hunter profile image61
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But you understood completely why they put down Bush.

4. AnnCee profile image66

"I just miss - I miss being anonymous," he said

He's at least semi-anonymous though.

1) Original, long-form 1961 Hawaiian birth certificate.

2) Marriage license between Obama’s father (Barak Sr.) and mother (Stanley Ann Dunham) — not found, not released

3) Obama’s baptism records — sealed

4) Obama’s adoption records — sealed

5) Records of Obama’s and his mother’s reptriation as US citizens on return from Indonesia — not found, not released

6) Name change (Barry Sotero to Barack Hussein Obama) records — not found, not released

7) Noelani Elementary School (Hawaii) — not released

8) Punahou School financial aid or school records — not released

9) Occidental College financial aid records — not released. (These records were, however, subpoenaed but Obama lawyers succeeded in quashing the subpoena in court. No other Occi records have been released.)

10) Columbia College records — not released

11) Columbia senior thesis — not released

12) Harvard Law School records (not mentioned below, but not released)

13) Obama’s law client list — sealed

14) Obama’s files from career as an Illinois State Senator — sealed

15) Obama’s record with Illinois State Bar Association — sealed

16) Obama’s medical records — not released

17) Obama’s passport records — not released

1. profile image0

Ann- This is a joke. Do you actually do any work to learn absolutely anything you believe?

- Seen by the director of Hawaii's Department of Health, Chiyome Fukino, confirmed by the court, and every single judicial forum, and was confirmed by the Supreme Court. BTW- He hasn't spent a penny on litigation regarding this.
           - His birth announcement that had been published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961

2) Marriage license between Obama’s father (Barak Sr.) and mother (Stanley Ann Dunham) — not found, not released
            - Who cares? I thought about researching this, but then realized...who cares? What does that prove if they weren't married? That means nothing about nothing.

3) Obama’s baptism records — sealed
           - Although many questions have been raised about Obama's Muslim heritage there have been no demands for proof of a record of baptism.
          - Baptism records? Who do you think you are? What do you think that means anyway? Try to get my baptism records. What makes you think you have the right to see someone's baptism records anyway?
      4) Obama’s adoption records — sealed
           - In nearly all States, adoption records are sealed and withheld from public inspection after an adoption is finalized. http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ … cessap.cfm
          -  Just because Joe Blow wants to see it, doesn't mean they have the right to.
      5) Records of Obama’s and his mother’s reptriation as US citizens on return from Indonesia — not found, not released
          - She didn't renounce citizenship! Did you look ANY of this up, or just post drivel? It is called Right of Return. In the United States, you can go live anywhere you want in the world, for as long as you want, and ALWAYS come back as a citizen...unless you directly renounce your citizenship, which Ann Dunham never did.

6) Name change (Barry Sotero to Barack Hussein Obama) records — not found, not released
          - His name was never Barry Soetoro. He WENT BY that name when he was at Occidental College, but was registered under the name Barrack Hussein Obama. You can look at that 1979-1980 "Lookbook" and see his picture and NAME : BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA.

You know what Ann...this isn't worth it. Each one of these can easily be dismantled if you would just put in the slightest effort, just stop eating the Cheetos on the couch and actually try to learn something for once, rather than spouting slanderous drivel. It is pathetic.

That fact of the matter is you are a bigot. There is no other reason you refuse to even put effort in to learn if you are right or wrong. You don't care if you are wrong. You will flat out lie about the man because you personally hate his skin, his name, his father's religion. You bring shame to my country.

7) Noelani Elementary School (Hawaii) — not released

8) Punahou School financial aid or school records — not released

9) Occidental College financial aid records — not released. (These records were, however, subpoenaed but Obama lawyers succeeded in quashing the subpoena in court. No other Occi records have been released.)

10) Columbia College records — not released

11) Columbia senior thesis — not released

12) Harvard Law School records (not mentioned below, but not released)

13) Obama’s law client list — sealed

14) Obama’s files from career as an Illinois State Senator — sealed

15) Obama’s record with Illinois State Bar Association — sealed

16) Obama’s medical records — not released

17) Obama’s passport records — not released

1. profile image0

Obama isn't anonymous in the slightest. You are just lazy.

2. DannyMaio profile image60
        DannyMaioposted 13 years agoin reply to this

- Seen by the director of Hawaii's Department of Health, Chiyome Fukino, confirmed by the court, and every single judicial forum, and was confirmed by the Supreme Court. BTW- He hasn't spent a penny on litigation regarding this.

this is a blatant LIE!! the courts never dismissed any case on evidence! only legality. You need to do your looking up! please show court papers that the judge dismissed on evidence! and I guess attorneys are free? not one cent! please. very sad for you! spreading lies like this. prove the supreme court dismissed the birth certificate issue on EVIDENCE!!! it was legality!

1. profile image0

Federal:
          Barnett v. Obama
          Berg v. Obama
          Kerchner v. Obama
          Hollister v. Soetoro
          Cook v. Good
          State:
          Martin v. Lingle
          Donofrio v. Wells
          Wrotnowski v. Bysiewicz
          Keyes v. Bowen
          Ankeny v. Governor of the State of Indiana

HOW ABOUT THAT? YOU, however, won't look them up, because you could care less about what is true.
          Admit it to the world and stop hiding behind your lying...you are a basic racist who will lie to get your point across. Come on...refute it. BTW- the cases don't go against him personally, so he doesn't spend a dollar personally. They try to prove he isn't eligible which puts the defense on public attorneys, making YOU pay for it. SO, you have paid to prove he is eligible, which has been proven time and time again - so good job.
          How about you try to learn something for once?
          Rhodes v. Macdonald

1. DannyMaio profile image60

show me where the court dismissed the cases on evidence! I have checked them, they were dismissed on legality not evidence! get your facts straight. I will wait for the proof!

"Dismissed on legality"

Hmmm courts are supposed to adhere to legality. If you want to indulge yourself in a fishing expedition, rent a boat.

It is not and never will be the function of the courts to participate in a mugging.

Then MR.Smart man show me how it was dismissed on EVIDENCE!!! his attorneys used the LEGAL loopholes! I guess you do not know he runs the Federal Government? who hired Holder? he is the BOSS! watch in time, you will see then put that tail between your legs and hide! mark my words.

"tail between your legs and hide"

Junior, come back when you have something intelligent to contribute. It takes some doing to contribute less than LaLo, AC or Jimmy. You may have (what's the opposite of surpassed?)  created a new lower category of wingnut discourse.

All you do is spew your MSNBC half truths! the last election showed just what the country thinks! how do you want to spin that? where is the proof that the cases in court were dismissed on EVIDENCE? I will be waiting! we will see who has the last laugh!

2. DTR0005 profile image61
            DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're on fire brother

5. LeeWalls profile image60
    LeeWallsposted 13 years ago

He's a public figure so I guess people think that gives them the right to know everything.

6. AnnCee profile image66

Well of course he's only human.   Despite all the pre-election hype to the contrary.

I'd hate to be in his shoes.  It is, however, where he chose to be.

What are Americans to think?   Maybe he should think twice about running for another term?  I think the nation can survive without him.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85

Do you honestly believe than any first term president understands what they're getting into?  George W. was more than relieved to leave his position, and to his credit, I've never heard him bash the President.

AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wish the same could be said of President Obama in regard to President Bush.

1. Will Apse profile image87
          Will Apseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You really know how to trivialize politics.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85

well, all I'm going to say to that is, look what he inherited. It's probably why George W. doesn't say much..

2. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Geez, can you possibly find anything more trivial and meaningless to question about Obama?

You're obviously not stupid, so why do you waste time and energy on this garbage?  We have so many truly serious problems and you're wagging fingers because a human being admits he misses going for walks.

Incredible.

7. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Well, so do I. Unfortunitly I have to much work to do to have the time.....

Maybe you could golf for four hours three or four times a month instead?

1. kmackey32 profile image63
        kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hate golf....lol no time for that eithor....

8. lexofred profile image60
    lexofredposted 13 years ago

Hi

9. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

It's true. Obama really needs to multitask better! See how easy it is to talk business and golf at the same time!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WMnI6kG … re=related

10. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

You have to wonder if it's just racism.

No I'm not suggesting that all criticism of President Obama is racially motivated. I have been highly critical of some of Obama's decisions & policies. But the people who post the same trivial carp every day with no regard to serious problems we face.

If you ask yourself why, can there be any other reason for the same trivial posts whose sole purpose is to create doubt WHILE NEVER GETTING DRAWN INTO OBJECTIVE DISCUSSION. NO FACTS. NO REAL ISSUES. PURE CARP!

1. profile image0

http://blogs.e-rockford.com/sat/files/2009/12/carp.JPG

11. AnnCee profile image66

Well, you seem to Obama's golf game is of global importance.

But you can't fathom that you only make yourself trivial.

By all means, do rant tomorrow about the variety of carrots in Michelle's garden.

2. profile image0

I guess all those servers are "tired" of hosting carp, since not a single link is working.

Sinister ain't it?

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
          Mighty Momposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, I think there's a perfectly logical explanation.
          All of those website hosts are now on Trump's payroll. They have abandoned cyber publishing in order to devote 24/7 to the quest for Obama's long form birth certificate in Hawaii lol!!!

12. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

ancient Chinese proverb...

Better an Obama amonst the trees than a bush in the white house

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Better an who?
      ha
      hmmm...
      I sure WISH Obama was just some average citizen taking a walk in the park!  I think this might be the first thing I agree with him on!

But we agree it seems....

Obama is not an average citizen taking a walk in the park..

He's quite extraordinary and he's the President of the United States for the next 6 years

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Um, no we don't agree.  Many people have his abilities, which consist mainly of being able to manipulate people via audacity.  He's just been put into an extraordinary position (the Presidency).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)