Pandaganda is about social buzz replacing backlinks!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (23 posts)
  1. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 13 years ago

The Panda update, which I call Pandaganda, due to the fact that social buzz is controlled by mainstream propaganda media, is what is driving some pages to the top of search. Since this is the case, nothing but massive buzz will help us. Here is proof that what I say is true from a great site: http://synnd.com/social-media-marketing … marketing/

Since this is the case, it is essential that something be buzzed up with regularity on this site. It is all about the buzz.

1. tritrain profile image69
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking Pandageddon.

2. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Social media is a part of SEO, but only a part.

I think you need to lighten up on the conspiracy theories BGA. Especially since a lot of small sites have done extremely well out of the Panda update.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So if I understand this correctly - the best thing to do here is spend more time generating followers or friends on facebook and twitter?

Pandaganda and Pandageddon are too awesome to comment on :big_smile

1. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no

The best thing to do is find low competition high value terms to optimize your new and existing content to.

That content should be high quality (subjective) but at least put your best effort in.

Social buzz is still just a small factor and really shouldnt make up a huge part of your promotion strategy UNLESS your content fits a clear definable niche/category..

If your content fits definable categories, then you should build your own sites and promote that brand as you would any other which includes social promotion. Its a very easy way to promote if your content is something that someone may actually want to share with others.

You can try to game this factor (social buzz) but if you are to game any factor your best bet is to generate backlinks not "likes" or "+1's"

Confusince says "it doesnt matter how much salt you have in your stew if your serving uncooked pork."

I actually prefer "Algopacalypse" or in the HP case "pandAring" to google

bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't buy that. My hubs that were copied to Business Insider with permission from Hubpages (we can no longer do that) rank pretty well in search. So, it is the authority of the site, not the quality of the article that matters. Used to be, the Hubpages ranked higher than the BI version. Not any more.

And authority comes from being tweeted alot and being liked. Google has taken original content and buried it, while giving it's favorites a higher placement for the very same content.

Im not selling it.

I think you would be best served by reading up on the plethora available sources on what the ranking factors for a site are..start at SEOMOZ.

Also perhaps read up on the scientific method or try linking to some authoritative sources. As you recall, I was quite unimpressed by the original link in this thread.

We know google uses twitter, facebook and soon their own +1 as a factor in their HUGE mix of factors - Authority by its very nature is not created overnight by "buzz" and trying to link buzz and authority together as one factor is at its core wrong, semantically and mathematically.

all of these changes and tweaks are far easier to comprehend when you deal with them in a systematic and informed manner.

by all means, go off and court "likes" but you will prove to be little competition to the rest of us if that is the backbone of your campaign.

Unless you can explain the burying of original content in favor of a copy on a website of authority ranking higher than the original you haven't made your case. Google has thrown the little people under the bus.

I have no case.

i was suggesting you are barking up the wrong tree, by all means, full steam ahead, "like" your way to the top.

your present mindset, pretty much gives you no hope to succeed and conquer. If google is out to get you and is only helping out their "friends", how are you ever going to get ahead? I know otherwise, as I am more of the type who find the way to infiltrate and then attacks. I still write articles that see hundreds of views within hours.

Competitive analysis seems to be most hubbers weakest skill. Hp isnt completely broken anyway, we just have to drop our sights MUCH lower as to what will rank quickly.

an explanation would involve a dissection of at least 20 factors starting w/ # of and related nature of backlinks - site structure and speed would matter as also would visual appeal and the level of advertising space the viewer is forced to see.

Those factors may apply. But when Google took my original content here and made it secondary to Business Insider where I syndicated the content, they broke an unwritten contract with me. Google is a predator and a thug.

Google is just like the big banks. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Then rob the bank, the blueprints are all over the net

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81

Well, I don't do keyword research at all.  I'm finding that sometimes I get really lucky by writing articles that, surprisingly, do have some pretty original ideas, and little competition.

I've got several themes going on hubpages.  I'm not nearly savvy enough to create my own site, but at some point I will be.

I've seen people here say that they do not back link at all, and they've still hit the "Hubpages success story" page for earnings.  I'm not sure how that happens, but I guess that you have to have several persons who like you enough to promote for you.  Otherwise, I just can't see it.  I also think that the people who got into this game early on are making a large portion of their earnings from referrals.

2. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

What makes the site great?

Is it their revolutionary lack of proofreading smile

First line of FAQs

"Who would you recommend as the tip people to listen to related to SEO?"

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81

You are one of the people that I recommend to folks so far as learning this article game goes.  I've always appreciated how helpful you always are.

You know, I joined IB after you.  I like that site, and I know I've probably not done my best there; but I just don't get hardly any traffic there at all.  I do think that the proofreading done there, and the idea of earning the right to publish without supervision is the way to go.

I hope wherever I linked to IB it was described as a means to create a diversity of links.

Hubpages, infobarrel , xomba etc are at best a means to push traffic and juice to your own content or offers (if your in the make money crowd that is... of course community, having your work read etc is another benefit..but not one I much mention)

Its not surprising that IB hasnt been highly trafficked for you, hopefully, IB has links leading to your Hubs or sites though.

Pre-panda, the site seemed promising because of its more rigid submission process. But, IB got hit just as hard as any of the other multi-user unfocused (topic-wise) farms.

The biggest unfocused farm in the world is Dmoz. smile

If you look at some of their subjects, they are outdated and useless. Still a favorite of Google? Maybe, but for how long?

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 13 years ago

Argh!  This means Justin Bieber will be number one in every Google search because of all those teenage girls retweeting and FB sharing!  Pandageddon it is!

I like Pandageddon too, but Pandaganda reminds us of the news media distortions of the truth with Google egging it on!

No Forged, the point is, they get it. They don't spell well but you can "like" it so that will fix that. smile

4. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 13 years ago

Did anyone not see this?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes I saw it, but was tired at the time.

I like Pandaganda very much and I like Pandageddon too.

tbh I can't choose between them.

Let's use them both, lol.

2. Mutiny92 profile image65
        Mutiny92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or the verb "pandalyzed"

Yes, I am afraid we have been pandalyzed. And it is scandalous. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)