online & offline

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 15 years ago

hello hubbers ,

i think hubpages should introduce a script of online & offline .

green == online
    black == offline.

isn't it .

you also want ,

it will help us lot ,

we can talk direct to soome good hubbers directly.
    when they were online.

by or without chatrooms.

please write a few words about this topic ,

we all wan't such feature.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's not true, to put this politely.

Please speak for your own self smile

2. JamaGenee profile image78
      JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I can't keep quiet any longer.

Please PLEASE stop posting ideas on improving HP when you haven't been here long enough to know what's here, why it's here, and why it doesn't need changing.  Please do yourself and us a favor and just lurk for awhile.

You came charging in here like the cavalry wanting to change everything.  If you think HP is such a mess, then why did you join? Obviously not to write hubs.

Truly, I'm not usually a meanie to newbies, but your "suggestions" are getting tedious.  This is *not* the way to endear yourself to other hubbers who've - yes - been here a long time.

1. countrywomen profile image59
        countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Jama- I can somewhat relate to shreekrishna. When I joined my company in the first few weeks I tried extra hard trying to make an impression to the group by making suggestions in the team meetings (but thankfully I learned my lesson quickly). smile

Shreekrishna- It will take time to get used to new environment. Hopefully you will learn as you go along. And never suggest something as a definite solution but try asking in a tone for seeking opinions(I understand you do have some issues phrasing/choosing your words). And yes most of the ideas must have already been discussed hence very little is gained by starting threads about new features. smile

2. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 15 years ago

I second that! I think it's a wonderful idea.

1. profile image0
      shreekrishnaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

thnks for supporting this topic.

are there more , pls come & put a pressure on this topic to introduce on our profiles.

3. profile image0

i think no one want such feature , all are happy with their profiles.

4. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years ago

I dunno, it does sound like an interesting option. I'm kind of for it...but then again, if I've decided to cyberstalk another Hubber its much easier for me to view their profile and see what they're reading. Then, knowing they share similar tastes and interests, they turn me on to new Hubbers unknowingly.

So...either way, I'm fine with.

G|M

5. profile image0

ok i will not suggest any new feature in future,

i have only thought about this is this will solve,

some of the hubbers problem ,

i live for others not myself.

good luck,
    wish you all to your success.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This was not intended to stop you from generating ideas. You just need to be more careful with wording, and not assume that everybody shares your attitude. smile

1. profile image0

thanks misha ,

i will try to improve.

you were a wel-experienced hubber,
        i will follow you.

thank you.

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
          GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Were? Noooo! Misha, don't go into the light, don't go into the light!

wink

Thanks, by the way, Dame. smile

G|M

1. profile image0

and hey media ,
            what you want,
            you were a string breaker between teacher & student.
            is it okey for you.
            if yes ,
            i will wait for misha's response.
            good luck for trying such tricks.

I appreciate your comment. smile I mean never to offend, only to give people a smile.

Feel free to pick away at me, it keeps me on my toes. wink

I apologize, however, I've not yet got down your syntax. I'll try and figure it out as we go along...your English, while a little poor, is still much better than the average high schooler here. wink

Love and Peace,

G|M

1. profile image0

we can be good friends generique,
                & dame ,
                can i request a hub from you ,
                if you were in technical field.

6. profile image51
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

You know if someone is online by their activity on their profile anyway, not that I am a stalker. I am not ok, twas just something I noticed ok !

7. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

lol GM, cyberstalk, too funny, lol

1. profile image0

hey dame what so funny in this.

a teacher misha is tuting a student shree krishna.

sorry,
      is this your real face on your profile,
      if yes , then it's nice,

if no,
      you should immediatly change it.
      wish you to your success.

8. Dame Scribe profile image57

O yes, Misha is a darling totally awesome sweet Hubber smile bonjour Misha

1. aniketgore profile image59
      aniketgoreposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Way to go MISHA big_smile LOL

9. Dame Scribe profile image57

I am greatly amused with GM's comment about cyberstalking a Hubber ...n yes, that's my picture n why would I put a fake on there? hmm explain please

1. profile image0

it's a nice face ,
      it can be improved furthur by by adjusting cameras , background.

pls don't take my words seriously,
      i know you ,
      i don't wan't to hurt you ,

i can't say anything,
      but try to say sorry , if i hurt you.
      sorry

10. Dame Scribe profile image57

My original crop was too big ... n this crop is all I could manage, tongue

11. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Thank you guys smile

12. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 15 years ago

I don't like this idea. I tend to leave my computer on and on some forums people have gotten upset if I forget to close the window but don't reply to their messages sad

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I don't see why it is necessary. It's not like this is a chat site. The forums are not set out for chatting like on AIM. What difference does it make if you know someone is on the site?

1. profile image0

ok i satisfied from your replies,
        now i also don't wan't this.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
          Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Why do you keep suggesting so many things? Maybe you should play around more on the site, compose more hubs, use the forum search feature etc, before you clutter this section with all these suggestions.

1. profile image0

ok

2. profile image51
            badcompany99posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well said Whitney, I didnt want to be rude but jeeez I am bloody sick looking at the suggestions !

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image60

Okay..then what about a special place in your profile to list your messenger addresses, then?

1. Whitney05 profile image82
          Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

You can list them in your profile.

Yes, yes I can. In fact, I'm about ready to...but...a profile becomes big after awhile, and its hard to control its focus, unlike moving capsules around on a HubPage.

13. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

You just have to worry about random people getting a hold of your messenger s/n and spamming you to death... Well, more or less irritating your while you're online.

Just use the links that you feel are most important in your profile.

Thanks for the input, will do.

14. Dame Scribe profile image57

If one realllllllllly wants to chatter it up with a fellow Hubber, why not send a email asking hmm

15. Research Analyst profile image74
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

Sounds like a call for hubchat!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)