Needed Your Votes! For Top New Hubbers 2011

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (69 posts)
  1. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

Each year I list the Top 100 New Hubbers. This Year I need your votes in no later then Midnight December 30th.

When sending your e-mails please place in the Subject Line " New Hubber Choices 2011" It makes it easier for me to comb through and compile all of the votes. If you can please also provide there links to their profile.

There will be some exceptions this year.

If the hubber came to HP 4th quarter 2010 they will qualify as a new hubber. 4th quarter means, Sept., Oct.. Nov., Dec.

I will also highlight 10 hubbers that may have been passed by in 2010. So please make certain they were our new arrivals then. smile

In the past two years I have allowed hubbers to cast one vote for themselves, so I  will let you do this again.

If you have enjoyed a brand spanking new hubber who just recently joined, you can also vote for them!

Looking forward to announcing all in 2012! If all goes will this year, I will announce all of them on New Year's Day! So please send me your votes and let us see who shined in 2011!

1. Sky9106 profile image65
      Sky9106posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well just in case I vote for Cardisa and WD Curry.

Bless.

AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very good. Thank you. smile

2. Little two two profile image87
      Little two twoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sent my nominees!
      What a great idea for new hubbers.

3. Sharyn's Slant profile image91
      Sharyn's Slantposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Email sent ~ thank you AEvans for pulling this all together!

2. Happyboomernurse profile image84
    Happyboomernurseposted 12 years ago

Can we only submit one name?

1. profile image0
      writeronlineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi HBN, if the answer is yes, make sure you put yourself forward! (I won't be participating myself.) :-)

Well why not? smile

1. profile image0
          writeronlineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OK, you got me. (Esp now I see Mo2Chi has nominated me; it would be unfair not to...). I do have several writers I admire. I'll email you. :-)

Got yours. smile Thank you so much! smile

2. AEvans profile image73

You can submit multiples. I am listing the top 100. smile

3. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

*bumping*

4. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

Gosh, there are SO many.

I'm throwing votes for:

writeronline
    Mark Ewbie
    RealHousewife
    barbergirl28
    Alastar Packer
    Hyphenbird

I will have forgotten many wonderful folks, and for that I apologize.

Miss Motown,

Can you send these to me in an e-mail if you have not already did it. I have a file on my account, where they are all being placed. smile

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Done! smile

1. Sky9106 profile image65
          Sky9106posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cardisa

5. barbergirl28 profile image84
    barbergirl28posted 12 years ago

This is going to be a difficult choice... I will try to send my votes later today! smile

I believe I received it.smile

6. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

bumping again.

7. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

How about that lovely Caribbean lady Cardisa, or do I have to actually email you?......cool

Luis,

would recommend an e-mail. smile I have to place them all into a file folder and all votes have to be counted. I don't want to miss anyone, just case their names are planted over here on the thread. smile

8. AEvans profile image73

There are only 5 days left to vote. Please e-mail me your votes so that I can list your top 100. Hope all had a Merry Christmas. smile

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi AEvans smile
      I joined in the last quarter of 2011 so I hope I'll be eligible for the 2012 list big_smile
      By then I should have more hubs smile

Honestly you are eligible for our 2011 list. smile

Ya I know smile I don't think anyone out here will vote for me as there are many better new comers this time smile Cardisa for instance. I did vote in the very beginning itself big_smile

So, I have much better chances next year big_smile as I'd love being on anyones list big_smilelol

2. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Christmas here was wonderful!  I hope yours was blessed and beautiful!  big_smile

It was a blessing. smile

9. AEvans profile image73

4 days left. There will be two hubs this year, one listing the top 50 female and the other listing the top 50 male hubbers. smile Keep the votes coming. smile

Top 50!! Wow someone vote for me if I helped you'll in anyway big_smile But only if you'll mean it big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

10. rbe0 profile image61
    rbe0posted 12 years ago

I vote for... me.

1. Seek-n-Find profile image70
      Seek-n-Findposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I might vote for you too--you make me laugh.  :-)

11. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years ago

How fun1  I've got lots of people I can nominate! 

What's the email address?

You should be able to go to my profile and e-mail me from there. smile

2. lobobrandon profile image88

Hey there millionaire you need to use the contact me on AEvans to submit your nominees. big_smile

1. Millionaire Tips profile image92
        Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks AEvans and Lobobrandon.  an email is on the way!

12. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

Hello Miss AEvans.  I am normally a very shy person but my brother Paul Deeds has convinced me to step forward and take a risk.  This is all very scary for me.  I started December 11, 2011 and people here are so kind to follow I just can't believe it.  I even got white orchids not to long ago and they were literally kind.  My personas I clearly would not put socks on or include in this nomination.

I am afraid I don't know how to use email yet so I hope this won't hurt my chances to be nominated by posting here.  My brother doesn't seem to think it will smile 

I am running now to see how the previous years did-I bet it is fantastic and the hubbers too!

Well Miss AEvans I nominate myself and anxiously and nervously look forward to what would be for me your life changing decision.

Very sincerely and a follower

Kimberly with a y

big_smile

1. rbe0 profile image61
      rbe0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

you refuse to wear socks? your feet must be perpetually cold sad

13. formosangirl profile image80
    formosangirlposted 12 years ago

I hope I make the list. Thanks for your consideration. Happy New Year!

14. Jeannieinabottle profile image89
    Jeannieinabottleposted 12 years ago

I just emailed you my choices.  This is such a fun idea!

15. CarltheCritic1291 profile image69
    CarltheCritic1291posted 12 years ago

I would vote for myself because I know no one else would, but I don't want to sound selfish. Hopefully who ever is on the list deserves it.

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Carl, I'll vote for you, but truth be told your a good writer. Good luck  big_smile

16. profile image0

Please note I am a proud winner, just love promoting myself or is this just plain vain? Hmmmmm  hmm:

17. ishwaryaa22 profile image80
    ishwaryaa22posted 12 years ago

i am a new hubber- i joined 12 days ago. i followed many hubbers and their hubs.  My nominees are wheelinollver and Cardisa.

1. ishwaryaa22 profile image80
      ishwaryaa22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This idea of voting for New Top Hubbers of 2011 is very good- it enable us to know and appreciate the exceptional achievements of the winners!

18. thesingernurse profile image74
    thesingernurseposted 12 years ago

Wow this one sounds exciting. smile

19. thesingernurse profile image74
    thesingernurseposted 12 years ago

Wow this one sounds exciting. smile

20. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

Sent in my email! smile

21. IsadoraPandora profile image79
    IsadoraPandoraposted 12 years ago

This is so cool!

22. shea duane profile image62
    shea duaneposted 12 years ago

I wasn't allowed to vote because there was no reCAPTCA words.
    shea duane

23. tlpoague profile image80
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

This sounds exciting! I sent in my vote. I can't wait to see the results.

24. capricornrising profile image60
    capricornrisingposted 12 years ago

Just voted. This is a really fabulous idea.

What the heck, throw me in the mix too - what do I have to lose? (grin)

Cat

25. SuperheroSales profile image58
    SuperheroSalesposted 12 years ago

I sent you my e-mail!  Hopefully you got it.  There are a lot of great writers on here!

26. profile image0

bbnix

email in space

got lots more

27. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

Bother it.  I forget about this when I alienated the entire poetry section of HP.

Oh well.  There's always next year.

edit: There isn't a next year.

1. profile image0

lol

28. MickeySr profile image79
    MickeySrposted 12 years ago

This is very sweet, but I must admit a bit embarrassing - it's like you're just making-up contests specifically designed for me to win! I just hope all the rest of you newcomers remember that my winning by a landslide doesn't mean you're not good little writers as well, please don't give-up, I'm sure there are at least a few folks who look forward to reading your crap. 

(actually, among the newcomers like myself, I've enjoyed collegatariat's stuff)

29. AEvans profile image73

Keep them coming. I have now made this a tradition each year and I do have to say it is so much fun to do. "Cagsil" will be giving up the throne and passing his crown to someone else. You are welcome to cast a vote for yourself, that has been one of my choices each year. Thank you to everyone who has been sending me their votes. smile

30. profile image0

MickeySr deserves a really big nomination I will be emailing you
    I hope this post gains him much deserved readers

1. MickeySr profile image79
      MickeySrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

AEvans,

Isn't there a contest for the sweetest, prettiest, sharpest hubber that I can nominate Kimberly for - or, how about just a contest for 'Mickey's Most Favoritest Of All' . . . that should be a contest, right? 

. . . "that I can nominate Kimberly for", listen to me - like she wouldn't just be unanimously acclaimed as "the sweetest, prettiest, sharpest hubber". No contest - Kimberly's the best.

1. profile image0

Mickey your definitely onto something here lol

tongue

2. Seek-n-Find profile image70

I agree--he's awesome!

1. MickeySr profile image79
        MickeySrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're so sweet - I'm sure I'm not keeping-up, but as I see you post anything, comment, question, or hub, I always look forward to see what you have to say . . . and thought of you when I saw this contest.

1. Seek-n-Find profile image70

Thanks!  The feeling is mutual.  Whenever I read something YOU write I think, "Yes!!!  He is awesome--he knows what he's saying and he knows how to say it."  :-)  You have more than a mere opinion--you have wisdom.  And that counts for a lot in my book!  Already sent in my vote for you. 

Also, I tried to find the comment you wrote last night so I could respond (about victory) but only saw it in my e-mail but I totally agree with what you wrote and yes, that is exactly what I was trying to say!

31. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I'm voting for Escobana after reading some of her work. It is amazing, especially for someone whose English is not her first language. Check her stuff out, folks!

32. Seek-n-Find profile image70
    Seek-n-Findposted 12 years ago

Wow--what a great idea!  Many of my favorites have been on longer than a year--but I've got some newbies in mind.  I'll e-mail my votes to you.  Thanks for coordinating!

33. AEvans profile image73

Thanks to all of you. I may not respond on each e-mail but I am receiving, counting and categorizing accordingly. smile I am very impressed there are many I need to also read! smile

1. profile image0

My love as long as it is accordingly I'm totally here for help and my cape is pressed and washed, in that order! ONWARDS>>>>>>>>>>>

34. profile image0

I won't mention again that I won this award and high honours, it's not my style, I'm more of a humble girl

I can't believe I ranked big_smile that too at the position I am

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)