ehow writers: Checkout your account you have a choice to sell or rem.

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (29 posts)
  1. tamron profile image66
    tamronposted 12 years ago

If you don't already know you either have to sell your articles to ehow or remove them.  I am removing mine!  How long does it take for articles to not appear on Google after they have been removed?  Can I move them here on hubpages right after I delete them from ehow or should I wait for them to stop appearing on Google?

1. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have been told to wait a week or two. smile

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just accepted the offer and moved on - most of the 'ehow' articles I had, I have rewritten and improved on hubpages - nice bit of extra dosh though - comes out at about a year's worth of eHow earnings for me!

1. chenderson00 profile image56
        chenderson00posted 12 years agoin reply to this

is there a base pay per article or what? what determines they money.

1. SimeyC profile image88

They base it on your earnings over time - for me it was about 12 times my normal monthly earnings - they give you one figure for all of your 'ehows'

2. tamron profile image66

I am also wondering whats the easiest way to start the removing process?  I have never removed that many articles before I don't know where to start.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

Wow, that's a pretty radical move by ehow!

4. Cheri123 profile image60
    Cheri123posted 12 years ago

okay I just received an email about this and I'm wondering how to get in touch with the WCP (Writers Compensation PayPlan) Consule they referred me to?  Please feel free to advise.

5. chenderson00 profile image56
    chenderson00posted 12 years ago

Okay, but how much are they going to pay for articles? I click for more information and it just wants my ssn and paypal info. I don't want to sell if I don't know what i'll be getting first.

1. SimeyC profile image88

You get to see an 'offer' letter before you agree - so no harm done by adding that info - if you've been paid before they already have the info anyway.

2. tamron profile image66
      tamronposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think I am going to sell my articles because of all the articles I linked to my ehow article.  I just thought of that

6. tamron profile image66

Put your last 4 digits of s.s. # scroll where it say for more info. it should tell you there how much they are offering.

7. tamron profile image66

I can't believe what I just did I accidently deleted my word program.  Thank God I downloaded word again and my files where there I honestly I wanted to cry I am so relieved my files where there

8. chenderson00 profile image56
    chenderson00posted 12 years ago

I sold. I have an article spinner, an autoblog and a good mind. Goodbye eHow. I don't have to deal with the dysfunction that comes from eHow anymore. yyayy. To me, it was worth it. To some, maybe not.

9. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Boy, I wish I had some crap on there to sell!  smile

10. Mutiny92 profile image65
    Mutiny92posted 12 years ago

Hmmm....I can't seem to find the link to log in to eHow any more...Can someone post it or tell me where it is - I must be going BLIND

1. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had the same problem at first!

https://myarticles.ehow.com/

11. shai77 profile image82
    shai77posted 12 years ago

may someone explain why they are doing it?
    I hope things like this won't happen here.
    I like Hubpages!

1. scooterport profile image86
      scooterportposted 12 years agoin reply to this

More money for ehow. They don't have to pay the writers over time any longer. I personally am removing my articles from ehow. I wasn't making much with them but it was anywhere from $10-15 a month. That's over $120 a year. They want to pay me a final fee of $35 for my articles. No thank you! With me it's the principle and common sense. But for those that have a lot of links or what have you or have already rewritten their articles I understand. I would sell them. There is always 2 sides to a view point. Bottom line though- ehow is greedy!

12. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 12 years ago

I always had this strange idea that we should have a marketplace here at HP. smile

13. tamron profile image66

I totally for got about all the articles I have linked to my ehow articles so I think I am going to tweak my articles then sell them to ehow they offered $89 for 23 articles.

14. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 12 years ago

I plan to not accept the offer. as I had only 13 articles and want to use them elsewhere. However, is there a place to decline as I do not see one? Where will the articles be, and do we need to remove them ourselves? I thought eHow planned to let us know how to find them to remove them.

15. Mattressman profile image60
    Mattressmanposted 12 years ago

I  was sad to get that email from eHow today as well. That is where I started writing and had some good aged articles, but not many money makers. I took a look at the offer and I took it because the money was too good to pass up.

16. Veronica78 profile image60
    Veronica78posted 12 years ago

I'm also thinking of selling mine.

17. petulantM profile image85
    petulantMposted 12 years ago

I just realized that eHow will also own the rights to the photos we included in our articles.  I had used many of my own photos in my eHow articles and also used them in articles here on HubPages, as well as my own website.  I just removed all of the duplicate photos from my HP articles, as I am also considering selling my articles to eHow.

Has anyone attempted to remove photos from their articles on eHow so they could retain their rights?  I tried to on my lowest earning eHow article, but the photo still appears when I click on the article.  If you were able to successfully remove your photos, could you please post a comment explaining how you did it?

18. WoodsmensPost profile image62
    WoodsmensPostposted 12 years ago

Guess I'll sell the 17 articles and be done with eHow for good nothing personal ^^ 1 year payout plus buy off. It hurts yeah but what are ya gonna do. Remove them and try to recap, not this writer I was new to the game of internet writing so GoodBUY eHow and Demand Studios hmm

Those who need the link to your own articles it is here

https://myarticles.ehow.com/signin.aspx

19. petulantM profile image85

Update: just checked the article from which i removed a photo yesterday, and it appears to have updated properly (the photo no longer appears).  I'm going through the rest of my eHow articles to remove the photos to which I would like to retain rights and will confirm that they have been removed after 24 hours.

20. JulieBMack profile image61
    JulieBMackposted 12 years ago

I took the offer.  Honestly, there is no way I could post those somewhere else and make what they offered me - nor would I want to.  Most of the stuff I wrote on eHow was from over 2 years ago and not my best quality.  But, I earned a decent passive income.  Since that time, I have learned a LOT more about online writing (SEO, etc) and have moved on.  I also am getting high-paying jobs through clients willing to pay me for my skills.

It was a good run, but it is time to move on anyhow! smile

21. petulantM profile image85

You may want to wait until the deadline before accepting the offer.  After I removed my photos, some of those articles were swept by eHow, along with some others.  According to the offer, only the articles listed under "My Articles" will be purchased by eHow.  They just removed 12 of my articles, which I believe I will be free to post elsewhere, as they are not interested in purchasing them.

I plan to wait until almost 5/31, in case they perform more sweeps.

Has anyone else had some of their articles swept since the offers were made?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)