Would You EVER Let Your Guy Pick Out Your Clothes? I Did, for a Week!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Would You EVER Let Your Guy Pick Out Your Clothes? I Did, for a Week!
    After reading a Shine post that featured husbands picking out an outfit for their wives, we got to thinking. Sure, a guy could probably pick out a decent outfit from a pre-screened selection of clothes once, but could he do it with a regular girl's closet (that hasn't been cleaned out in years, eep!) for a week? And so, our next dare was born.

read the article about a man dressing his girlfriend for a week..
    would you ladies let your boyfriend or husband pick out your outfits for a week? big_smile

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/w … toViewer=1

1. profile image0
      Digsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My wife often asks for my help when selecting her clothes.  I have often commented to my wife that I could easily select clothes for a women and do a great job with it.  Men that have been married as long as me learn a thing or two about what looks good on women.

2. nycgrl profile image60
      nycgrlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh god I would never. Most of the guys I have dated would probably pick out strange and odd combos for me to put on.  I am very particular. Like I might have a certain sweater that I wear with a tank top and ONLY that sweater can go with that tank top, nothing else.  Its just how I am with my clothes. Although even worse would be picking out my shoes. I think I would let them pick out the clothes before the shoes

3. your cybersister profile image60
      your cybersisterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No way - my husband and I have a difference of opinion about the fit of clothing.  He thinks things aren't too tight unless they cut off one's circulation and I don't like things that look too tight or too small for me.  If he was only picking from my own clothes he might do okay, but if he was shopping for clothes for me it would be a disaster!

1. Stacie L profile image89
        Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't either...I don't like dressing like a hooker..LOL

1. your cybersister profile image60
          your cybersisterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Exactly what I would feel like though...yuck!

4. profile image57
      MorganRogerDentalposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes both choices of husband & wife match. But it is rare that what you have done could not being practiced at else house. It is good that both personal choices have similarity & even your bonding with your husband will continue for a long term.

2. recommend1 profile image59
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

I pick the clothes that my partner wears when we go anywhere special, because she asks me to.  She has a huge wardrobe and range of clothes and has no problem putting stuff together but she also likes my opinion as I can identify where the styles originate and so what 'goes' with each thing or does not, the advantage of having a few lessons in my folder that deal with the development of fashions, the politics of each fashion trend and so on.  It helps that she would look fantastic in a bin liner, and that she can put stuff together really well - my job is to vet the little things to ensure it all fits together as one elegant or sexy outfit as required smile  It is a hell of a job, but someone has to do it.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...ha ha ha....oh give me a break!  lol

1. recommend1 profile image59
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really !!!!   Every day I have to go through the routine of checking the underwear, then lots of variations of teeny skirts, hot hot hot pants, then I have to tell her firmly that they are not suitable wear for teaching small children and make her put on something demure and smart !  big_smile

...ha ha ha....now yer just braggin'!...mornin' panda!...

Evenin' SOH - it is closer to the truth than you might like to think - if a new consignment of stuff has arrived in the last couple days that needs strutting  !

...i'm sure it is close to the truth...you have a beautiful partner....however...it still makes me chuckle....you go Panda!...have a great day tomorrow!

evenin' to you too PD....SD....

..now what to wear? which boots? which pair of chaps go with the colour of my eyes?...i'd make you cringe Panda! lol

....later...gaters!...thanks for the chuckles this a.m.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
                Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Someway ...

Gotta Love a Lady Riding Solo... wow.. cool name for a website! hmm

i luv it...yes it's a great name!   big_smile

2. Pearldiver profile image67
          Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Then She Doesn't Know About Your Foot Fetish Yet? hmm tongue

She could cope with that - except for the athletes foot that comes along with it !

3. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

I want to know if a foot fetishist loves having his foot in his mouth?? It seems to be true!

No - a foot fetishist is one who kicks @ss.

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

in the gr@ss, no doubt!

but seriously, I have always been happy that no partner of mine has tried to dress me.  I think it would be asking for trouble to encourage such a thing.  Anyhow, my wardrobe is not that extensive and there isn't that much choice.  Now, if a fella wanted to actually purchase a new wardrobe for me, I'd have to give hime some say so, but still, probably just asking for trouble!

I don't try to dress my partner - I am totally submissive and only do what she demands big_smile  and she demands that I decide - what can I do  ?

1. mega1 profile image80

and does she make you model the outfits for her so she can see them?  because I'm saying that maybe crosses the line a little.

CROSSES the line - get it?

oh well. . .

THAT was close to the mark !   We live in the sub-tropical zone and I wanted a simple cotton 'robe' like the Indians wear round the house,  'her' idea was to cut up a couple of tee shirts and add pockets etc to make me a female 1950's style house-smock with crude but effective embroidery etc.  I never got my cotton or linen style robe, and I am sitting here typing in her house smock - and it doesn't make me cross at all !

ha ha ha.....i'm coming to rescue you...i'm on the next plane!

Rescue me !!!!  what and drag me bag to the safety of western  boredom - not on your nellie old chum big_smile

2. mega1 profile image80

gee, I'd like a picture of that!  or better yet, a video!  hee hee.

It is too embarassing!  I am just under 200 pounds of muscle partly collapsed to plain fat, half bald and a bit wrinkly - in a house coat !  and as for cross dressing in the purest sense 'she' is exactly half my size and weight - but looks really cute in my boxer shorts or one of my larger tee shirts that is like a dress on her but about right for a night dress in the winter big_smile

yor too much panda!...but i still luv ya!...okay so i cancelled the flight...yor happy - that's all that counts really - even if you do wear a smock around the house!  lol  yes...pictures please!

4. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

My first husband not only picked out all my clothes, he even picked out my under garments as well, and which stores I could shop.  Also my jewelry, my makeup, my cars, what schools I would attend, what subjects I would study, my friends, and everything else in my life right down to which foods and how much I ate.  I have a tendency to be submissive in relationships and he took full advantage.

1. IreneMarieW profile image60
      IreneMarieWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Never, though to make my ex feel as if he had an opinion I'd pick out two outfits, one I loved and knew he'd pick, the other one just plain awful... really there are no words to describe the horrible combination I'd pick out. He always looked so proud that he "helped" and when I would receive compliments on my outfit, I'd slip in that he helped me choose it (again that look of pride as the compliments were turned to him). This also worked for his wardrobe as well, and now the man can dress smile

1. mega1 profile image80

I should have studied with you!  Alas, I never learned the fine art of female to male diplomacy and now I must reap the lonely rewards - sigh.

5. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

He has better taste in clothes than I do.... then again, I wouldn't call a bikini clothing...  lol

6. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

My 12 year old son likes to pick out my clothes but I try not to let him when I know I'm actually going to be leaving the house, becuase invariably I either come out looking like a flower garden or a $10 hooker!

7. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

I think it is ok for him to pick your clothes ...  as long as he is not wearing them.
    I'm glad mine doesn't (pick or wear). Sometimes he says "You're wearing THAT?" which might make me reconsider. But usually he asks me, "What am I going to wear?"

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
      DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, thank God, he never wears them, but he is very interested in fashion and style and even draws clothes.  A possible Ralph Lauren in the making?

Yeah, when a 12 year old says to his mom, "You're wearing that?" you should go change.  No sense embarassing the kid and possibly scarring him for life. smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well-- I was talking about my hubby, but it would apply to sons also.

(See this is one reason you can't leave-- this stuff isn't available everywhere.)

yes DIY Weddingplanner - where else would you get such quality with width and no depth at all !  big_smile   you have to stay, who else would I be able to ban on an hourly basis !

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
            DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are so right!  Only here can I truly explore with other kindred souls the depth of human depravity! yikesyikesyikes

8. puddingicecream profile image69
    puddingicecreamposted 12 years ago

That sounds fun for a short-term thing. It depends on how great he is with fashion. If you like his taste, then by all means!

9. 4tune profile image60
    4tuneposted 12 years ago

Depends on the guy I would say - If I was pretty sure he'd be picking mini skirts,tube tops and band aids then NO way in hell.

Matured with class and sophistication the yes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)