American Idol

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Princess Prisca profile image60
    Princess Priscaposted 13 years ago

After kicking Pia to the curb, why on earth did "America" kick Casey to the curb?  Just to give you an idea of how talented he is, the idol judges used their save power to keep him when "America" tried to give him the boot before!  Please explain it to me?

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What?

You are kidding, right?  That's just absolutely insane!!!!

I've been a HUGE Pia fan for YEARS!

http://ianundercover.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/piazadora.jpg

Princess Priscaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're joking right?  Pia Toscano, not that "old broad" in your photo!

1. Michael Willis profile image68
          Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pia Toscano was amazing on Dancing With The Stars singing.

2. profile image0
          klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL That's funny!

2. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

The "growl" did Casey in I suppose. I liked his talent from the beginning, but the growl and grunt was too much after a while. It became distracting from his amazing talent.

I am with Greek on Pia...the other Pia. Love her as well.

Princess Priscaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I liked his "growl!"

Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did at first, in some songs. Just seemed he started making the growl and the grunt "the song."  He will learn to taper back on those and will do great singing his style of music.

3. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

My Top 2 favorites are Lauren and James.

Princess Priscaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Michael, my top 2 favs are Haley and Scotty.  Both always give their "all" on that stage.  Both are great talents and I want more after they've finished a song.

4. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

this is the last season I'm watching. the best are gone. the voting needs to change. tonight was very disappointing.

Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think Scotty should have gone and James should have been in the top 3 with the girls.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

some haven't seen the results yet.. SPOILER ALERT!

but I personally am disappointed to see Haley in the top 3..
        I'm not a big fan of Scotty, but he clearly does have talent. James should be in the top 3 and Haley gone. Tyler should have judged her more honestly.
        It's people voting excessively, not that certain contestants truly receive a broad spectrum of votes.
        I wish they would change the way people vote.

2. Peter Owen profile image60
        Peter Owenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but then we aren't the 17 yr old females doing all the voting.

Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it is even the younger teen girls that vote excessively.  James, Lauren (My favorite with potential) and Haley are the most diverse of the group. Scotty is plain country and that is it.
          Haley has the voice, but song choices she makes at times are horrid.  Her 2nd song last night was just amazing. (I Who Have Nothing) She was not as good as Jordin Sparks version, but close.

1. Peter Owen profile image60

ditto

5. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 12 years ago

Scotty, Lauren, and Haley are in the top three because the producers of idol, (Teamed with record producers) want a country singer to win, and that is who they will sink their money into. Based on the success of Carrie Underwood and Kelly Pickler, while most of the non country singers have not sold very many CDs. The only recent idol that has been successful in rock or pop is Daughtry, the rest have been dropped by their record lables.

You watch. The next album to come out of American Idol will be another country album. So, I'm guessing Scotty or Lauren will win. And, with Lauren being only 16, they can manipulate her, wether she is successful or not. All I have to say about that is BORING!!!

Lee Dewyze and Kris Allen have the lowest sales, while Adam Lambert is kicking their asses, and selling out his shows. I heard that one of Adam Lamberts shows sold out in 2 hours.

Brim
      You are saying that the voting is rigged. Would they really want to risk doing that? It would eventually be discovered and that would be the end of Idol.

It's all for ratings, everything about these kind of shows. So whatever drama they can put into it, they do. It will continue to lose ratings if the best contestants are voted off. NBC is smart to use a different format with The Voice.

I read that the median age for AI viewers this season is 47.
        It would be interesting to see the demographics, where most of the viewers are concentrated.  Scotty is too Howdy-Doody for me, Lauren is so vulnerable, I'm afraid the industry would tear her apart, and Haley, while trying to be the diva, doesn't have the broad appeal/voice to win the title. She's eye candy for the show.
        I couldn't even name the last few winners... who are they?
        Daughtry was not an Idol winner, he was voted off like James. These guys are the real deal, James will get signed, eventually.

I can agree, but the implication was that the voting was rigged and I don't buy that.

I've heard that too, you never know. I'm sure the judges are encouraged to act a certain way. What I don't like is their inconsistency or simply saying, that was great when it wasn't.

6. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 12 years ago

I just wanted to mention, if you read the idol contract, it states that the producers of the show have final say on who gets voted out, regardless of the voting. One reason why Sanjaya did not win, even though it was proven that he received the most votes while he was on the show.

Even Paula Abdul said that it's a television show first, and a talent show second. If the producers of the show don't like the outcome, and it is not in their best interest, they will make changes. For example, turning this into a country music show in the last few weeks to benefit the contestants that they have already chosen to win. Scotty.

I knew it was going to be a Scotty and Lauren finale. A long time ago.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)