First Principal?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (55 posts)
  1. wilmiers77 profile image61
    wilmiers77posted 12 years ago

As knowledge accelerates over the past 100 years, the schools of thoughts are beginning to unify. The theory of everything is the unification of all physics prescriptions, and a continual investigation into our fundamental conventional defines in physics such as matter and energy. Where did matter come from? Was it first energy and became a bundle or condensed energy? Do we need to redefine energy.

Works to unify metaphysics and religion is underway. Philosophy of physics and about everything else is progressing. The theory of everything in physics may actually need components from other schools of thought? We may arrive at knowing the after thoughts of our Creator(s). I personally call Him God. Quantum Mechanics states that we can not observe reality, but is the mind in its superstate measure reality? This would lead to the need for faith in God or knowing the after thoughts of God.

But, a warning; the bible says that when knowledge rapidly increasing than the end is near.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

with everything advancing, whay the need for fear tacticts; "The End is Near!"

Looks Like Biblical Knowledge is droping back on fear,  is not keeping up with the advancements you speak of. If they are indeed advances at all?

How can we know the Mind of a God? Any God?  The thoughts, much less the after thoughts?  We can not identify That God, see or touch or associate with..

It will always be by Faith for a Beliver, because metaphysics aside?  There is no physical proof?  smile

wilmiers77posted 12 years agoin reply to this

why warning? Why should I not warn? Holding onto untruths or thinking that many things are absolutes is false security. Reason to believe.

After thoughts of God? Ask Einstein; he first said it? All truth is an after thought of God or did you and your friends create things? If so, excuse me.

2. heavenbound5511 profile image65
        heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Those without Jesus are the only ones that  would have cause to fear.

If we do not warn you/others than when you die in your sin your blood will be on our hands .Now if any listen to this message of Jesus Christ and accept Him and turn from there sin in repentance- that one will be delivered from destruction ( Ezekiel 3).
        God is going to rid this world of sin and whoever wants to cling to sin as if it's there life-preserver will be condemned. Those who reject Jesus are already condemned by there own words-but as long as their breathing they have a chance to repent and take Jesus as there perfect sacrifice for the sins they have committed against God.

But if they had stood in my council, they would have proclaimed my words to my people and would have turned them from their evil ways and from their evil deeds.- Jer 23:22

Dutchman you said-
        "How can we know the Mind of a God? Any God?  The thoughts, much less the after thoughts?  We can not identify That God, see or touch or associate with.."

"It will always be by Faith for a Beliver, because metaphysics aside?  There is no physical proof?"

We can know the mind of God through Jesus Christ.

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.- 1 Cor 2:16

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.-John 15:15

To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit,- 1 Cor 12:8

Epaphras sends greetings. He is one of you. He serves Christ Jesus. He is always praying hard for you. He prays that you will stand firm in holding to all that God has in mind for us. He prays that you will continue to grow in your knowledge of what God wants you to do. He also prays that you will be completely sure about it.-Col 4:12 NIRV

1. heavenbound5511 profile image65

Also:
          John 8:55- Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word.
          John 14:7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."
          John 14:9 -Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
          John 15:21 -They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.
          John 16:3 -They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me.

2. recommend1 profile image59
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is right - it is the end of the bible thinking that is ending, the unsubstantiated representations of the unknown for use a tool of power has had its day.  The end of religion is at hand.

You are riding a dead horse. Heaven is at hand.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

At least he isn't beating it. smile

2. recommend1 profile image59
          recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

No - that would be a donkey, you are finished here I think.

3. DoubleScorpion profile image78
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree...The more knowledge gained...the closer to the end of religion.

It can just as easily be the more knowledge gained...the more religion as in faith is verified.

If love for the humanity is in your heart, than faith is verified.
        If love only for self and small group, than closer to the end of religion.
        It all depends on  the capacity of love in one's heart.

Or, more precisely, the capacity to respect others, or lack thereof. smile

Now I discover that you don't know much about love.

Christian love? lol

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Actually, it appears that you don't know much about love. It is something that is not just tossed around to every Tom, Dick and Harry that crosses your path. It is reserved for those in which you really care about, not total strangers. Because, if you love everyone, then you love no one.

The correct word is respect, not love. smile

Have you heard of love for one's family. Jesus loved the humanity; His family.

Respect doesn't equal love, and it could include hate.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

That's a good one, wilmiers. Well said.

2. Cagsil profile image70
                Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why not? And, says who? hmm

Is that YOUR definition of Love?
                B.S. To withhold from the strangers is selfish.
                This would be incorrect, especially if one loves self.
                If YOU Love someone, then they have your respect. Or did you not know Love comes first before respect. You must love yourself, before you can love others. If you have no love for yourself, then you obviously don't respect yourself, then you obviously don't respect others.

I think you need see past your ego. It's not about you. wink

Does it look like a definition?

Really? Do you walk around the streets telling complete strangers you love them or do you offer love to only those you actually know?

Huh?

Where do you get that notion? Are you saying I have to love someone before I respect them? lol

No, I don't love myself. That's rather hilarious.

roll Yeah, sure.

1. Cagsil profile image70
                    Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

According to what you said.
                    My love is offered to every person I come in contact with. My actions show it. It's people's perception and ego, like you, that don't pay close enough attention, because they(you) think you have it figured out, but are missing something.
                    I didn't think you were capable of understanding. Your statement proved you don't. Your follow up statement shows it.

No, I said you have love yourself, before you can learn respect for others. Figured you wouldn't understand.

Good to know. It only proves you lack understanding of your own life. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image78

Faith cannot be verified. Only strenthened.

From Dictionary.com

faith   
          [feyth]

–noun
          1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
          2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
          3. belief in god or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.

Look closely at Number Two...

ver·i·fy   
          [ver-uh-fahy]

–verb (used with object), -fied, -fy·ing. 
          1. to prove the truth of, as by evidence or testimony; confirm; substantiate: Events verified his prediction.
          2. to ascertain the truth or correctness of, as by examination, research, or comparison: to verify a spelling.
          3. to act as ultimate proof or evidence of; serve to confirm.

Please explain how Faith can be verified? From the definitions above it doesn't seem possible.

If knowledge can lead to an increase in religious faith, how come so many refuse to read anything other than the bible to gain knowledge.

Love of all...No matter what...Religion doesn't not love all. they love themselves and their small groups. If they loved all there wouldn't be churches taking money for a end of world scenario, churches picketing funerals of fallen soldiers, churches protecting molesters of children.

True love comes from doing those things which are right for others, in spite of the pesonal outcome. Things that is hurtful to others, physically or mentally is not showing love. And that isn't restricted to just those of religion or no religion

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for. Love your enemy as yourself. I think most all is in the medium. The one's that have repented and love Jesus at the center of their life and in their heart receive confirmation from God. By your comments you fall short.

How are Christians hurting people and nonbelievers are not? By my knowledge, the secularist's sins far out number the sin acts of the coreligionist. It's obvious to me that the nonbelievers are standing in a cesspool up to their necks while pointing at a few spots of crap on the coreligionist and if they could continually get away with it even blame the ones that teach against evil as the root of evil.

"It's a fool that say there is no God." "They that reject Jesus and His love sleep with antichrist, the devil."

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78

Straight to the personal attacks... Alot of love there. You are making assumption on me based off of a comment. Just as I stated and you have proved the point I was making. Just because I offered a different point of view to the Subject at hand. I am a sinner or not a "true christian" Try reading the last line of my comment...

"And that isn't restricted to just those of religion or no religion"

There is trouble on both sides...But of course judging solely on your postings that I assume is your "faith and bliefs" you might
              have trouble seeing things from both sides.

DoubleScorpion, you spoke to an opposing view, I merely replied. That doesn't speak to whether I love you or not, only your comments. If I spoke to your side, it would be worst from my personal experiences. When I was young, I held the same views as you spoke of.  Don't expect me to glorify your views also that are anti-Christian! That would not be good for me nor you.

I don't expect anything glorified...I expect that the same respect I give others to be returned to me. And if debating a topic, personal feelings left at the door and the topic discussed "pro or con versions" in an educated and civil manner

2. wilmiers77 profile image61

In the end, faith shall be verified.

You are correct. In the end "faith" will be verified, then it will become fact and no longer faith.

But what if your faith is validated as being false instead of confirmed truth? What do you do then?

What if when your time comes, everything you thought was truth was in fact completely wrong? Would you regret not have living your life differently? And with all your "faith" are you using it to live life to its fullness, or are you just saying the words and claiming the faith, but in all honesty have no idea what it is you truly have faith in. Are you completely sure that you have understood things correctly and are living your life as is required by the faith you claim to possess?

I am not picking on you, please don't think that. I am simply asking questions to see where you stand on the topic at hand or what differing views you have on the opic at hand.

DoubleScorpion,  in a dynamic sense my faith is continuously being verified to me. Not a fact yet, but boy things are looking better and better as I travel on the road of faith in Jesus.

What person have you known that would die for you? Jesus is the only one simply because he wanted to restore your relationship with God. This is so profound until one becomes suspicious of others that reject Jesus' love. This is a you do or you don't accept and love Jesus. It's that profound and encompassing. There is no neutral ground. No sitting on the fence! Paying respect doesn't get it. That's why I can't speak positively about your position that opposes Christ Jesus.

I am Military. Have been for almost 15 years. I've seen people die for our country and our way of life here in the USA on many occasions. That kind of love has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with Love of your way of life. The freedoms of your children and countrymen and women. And extending the same rights and freedoms you enjoy to those generations to follow.

Believing and Accepting Jesus is not enough. One must also strive daily to follow exactly in his foots steps...And there are many who don't even know what his footsteps or true teachings even are.

DoubleScorpion, you are confusing duty with love. Jesus died out of love and desiring to restore your faith to God to receive God's Holy Spirit, The Comforter now.
                    Yes! You are getting the idea. We must transform always. Faith is dynamic also.
                    God loves everyone equally, even the murderous persons.

2. heavenbound5511 profile image65

Double Scorpion you said-
                    I am Military. Have been for almost 15 years. I've seen people die for our country and our way of life here in the USA on many occasions. That kind of love has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with Love of your way of life. The freedoms of your children and countrymen and women. And extending the same rights and freedoms you enjoy to those generations to follow.

First lets step out of religion into what we are really supposed to have a relationship with God through Jesus. This has the outcome of our faith/trust in God with results/fruits following.
                    The love Jesus showed and gave us by dying on the cross for us- is for our freedom- freedom from the results that sin would/will have in our lives, families and generations.
                    The results of sin are death and eternal separation from God. So Jesus our way to God is all about our freedom to choose God, Choose what is good, do what is right in the sight of God and either get our freedom or maintain. When sin comes in and we don't have Jesus than we lose more and more our freedoms.We lose Peace of mind, health, relationships, families and such are caused from sin and leads us into bondage. Jesus loves us and wants us to break free from the sin that is messing up the whole world. So your statement is false but - part true. Love has everything to do with God and nothing to do with religion- religion limits God and isn't a relationship where there's actual communication.
                    We are to fight the good fight of faith, not against flesh and blood but what is holding that flesh and blood in bondage. We fight all battles in the flesh or spiritual for our freedom and others- because we love to be free and freedom is in Jesus.

for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.-Eph 1:10 WNT

4. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We're not even remotely close to anything resembling a "theory of everything." It would be nice, but it's not happening very fast.

As for matter and energy, that's a great question. Nobody knows. A lot of people call it the Big Bang. Great, where'd that come from? Who lit the match? Other people call that God. Great, where'd he come from? Etc.

We're nowhere near figuring that out, finding "one answer." Even if we prove that the Big Bang is the right answer, and that it was the inversion of an old, collapsed universe reblossoming into a new dimension in some eternal cycle, that still doesn't answer who (if anyone) started it.

So don't worry. Religion is not in any danger. It's just going to change, like it always does, like it always has. It usually changes "whenever knowledge [is] rapidly increasing."

Religion holds societies together. Stable religions provide common rule sets, behavioral expectations, accountability (both real and super natural), and shared 'touchstone' of experience that binds a culture. Having that has proven in literally every single society ever studied anywhere, ever, to be fundamental. The religions that do it really well, enable stability, creativity, economic health and, from that "free time" at the bosom of which nurse the twins Science and Art.

If the culture doesn't rupture, it finds its way to increasingly accelerated learning, at which point the religion always comes undone because the new learning inevitably unwinds too many myths, particularly for those people who aren't able to allow for allegory and metaphor. So, that religion dies (often violently as the fundamentalists make war).

The cultural momentum will continue for a time, but eventually greed and the other human frailties work to unravel the civil side of civilization (often done by opportunists who manipulate the soft-minded and the desperate to believe they work for an outraged god). It's one of those things where the kids will do naughty things when the parents are away. When the culture's god/gods is/are gone, who's watching?

From there two things will happen, a new religion will pop up that can survive the cult and sect phases of religious evolution and reinvigorate the culture with a new sense of purpose and shared value, or the culture will decay, break up into smaller parts, and have pieces gobbled up by healthier nations/tribes/empires etc.

So, in a long, long nutshell, that's my response to your question. If you happen to read it, I hope it gives you something to chew on. smile

First helpful response. Very nice...beyond my expectations in seek of other views.

psycheskinner, please read above response by Shadesbreath. This is what I have been soliciting. Please don't attack if you don't understand Shadesbreath.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

My first principal was Mrs. Lucy Armstrong at Grover Cleveland Elementary School, where I gained a lot of early knowlege.

Were you meaning principle?

No, I meant principal, a live entiy, not the codification thereof.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Even posting after a whole thread this for the second time you haven't learned how to spell principle?

psycheskinner,  I remember you. You have the audacity to think that all subjects should be worded to your understanding and then attacks the writer. Well, the unthinkable happens from time to time. What conceit!

Oh! you still have spelling over creative communication and things that you don't have the knowledge. I hope you learn not to attack anyone for expression thoughts that you don't understand. You should have learned this in  elementary.

4. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 12 years ago

God is the man smile

Man is frail. All have sinned and fallen short of God. Some men are Godly men.

5. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I cannot for the life of me imagine how one would have a god, yet no religion?

Believing in a god is what religion is isn't it? smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
      Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can't you belong to God without belonging to a religion? smile
      Religions are organized by people.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)