Where do you get your traffic from

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (25 posts)
  1. jtyler profile image60
    jtylerposted 12 years ago

Almost all of mine comes from this website.  How could I get information out, and what could some other sources be for me?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Others have given good advice about getting backlinks, but that won't help if the Hubs themselves aren't on subjects people are typing into search engines. You might want to learn something about finding keywords.

I wrote a Hub about optimizing existing Hubs - you'll find a link in my profile.  There's a good video on keywords if you scroll down.

I notice you have a few Hubs on music - why not concentrate on making your music Hubs a great resource for music students, then go out and join music forums.  If you can find forums where you can post links in your signature, great - otherwise, get to know people, become part of the community, and look out for opportunities to share links.  Don't spam - but someone might ask a question and you could answer it with a link to a relevant Hub.

1. profile image0
        anylposted 12 years agoin reply to this

most from facebook and search engines...........

2. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

90% of mine is from Google lol but Panda took a third, now Im backlinking on relevant blogs

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Try posting links on RedGage, Shetoldme,Traffup & IMautomator. These sites are free; Redgage & Shetoldme will also pay you for your pay per clicks.

My traffic was normally 80% from HP and the rest from search engines. After I started using these sites; 42% Hp and 52% from search engines 6% from other sources.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

wow, some of these sites I never even heard of. I'll definitely look into them.  thanks for the tip.  smile

2. BethanRose profile image67
      BethanRoseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I will definitely try this to see an improvement on my hubs. Thankyou.

3. Jonathan Grimes profile image59
      Jonathan Grimesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some good tips on traffic sources here, used shetoldme to great effect and well worth using.I will try some of the others soon. Thanks for the info....

4. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

Your problems are pretty fundamental imho, jtyler.  If you heavily promoted your hubs, it's possible you might get a little more direct traffic via links.  It's unlikely that you'll ever get much from Google though, unless you wrote hubs with less common subject matter and radically altered your approach to titles, keywords, urls etc.

1. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Keywords and page titles are three quarters of the recipe for success. Listen to the man.

Get it absolutely right- keywords a lot of people are searching for but that not many other sites have latched onto- and you can have 500 visitors, or more, a day almost immediately. This may not happen often but when it does, it really makes you redouble your efforts on that keyword research.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes...the key is SEO

5. wytegarillaz profile image60
    wytegarillazposted 12 years ago

I find stumble upon , facebook good also kooday (earn every week as well as non stop day & night like my hub says)get a lot from google searches as well.

6. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Most of mine is from "one Google or another".  There's a chunk from Yahoo and another chunk from Bing, and a slightly smaller chunk from HP.  A bunch of barely-worth-mentionings come from other search engines, or else something like Yahoo Answers or other "odd" thing.

7. workingmomwm profile image79
    workingmomwmposted 12 years ago

I just wanted to post a warning. Luis mentioned using TraffUp to drive traffic. I wouldn't do this, since using traffic exchanges is against both Google and HP TOS and can get you banned from both. See this thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/16449

Good luck getting more traffic, jtyler. I know it's something I've struggled with myself.

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

thanks for posting this, workingmom.  There is a similar thread and some people mentioned traffup to drive traffic.  This might jeopardize their Google Adsense account.  See this Google Adsense forum thread..

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A … &hl=en

2. 2besure profile image79
      2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is a good tip!  You can lose your Google privileges (banned) it you are found to use automated systems to drive traffic.

8. iQwest profile image48
    iQwestposted 12 years ago

The vast majority of my traffic comes from Google, a trickle comes from other search engines (Bing, Ask, Yahoo, etc.), and I'll (which I would believe to be typical for most Hubbers) see a small spike from HubPages and social bookmarking sites (Digg, StumbleUpon, etc.) after initially posting a new Hub.

9. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago

Yep, on page seo is estimated to be a 30 to 40 percent ranking factor.

So tell me will, when will you be looking in to the rest of the seo field?

To the people recommending shetoldme, that is not a good backlink. Sure, throw a quick bookmark up there, but don't expect much benefit from a site like that.

1. SunSeven profile image63
      SunSevenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why do you want to steal his thunder(s). He entertains / enlightens us with his wisdom and insight on the entire ineternet thing. We may learn a thing or two. smile

Best Regards Oli

10. jenwat0405 profile image60
    jenwat0405posted 12 years ago

I have been on HP since the 20th and have written 3 hubs.  I have 400+ total views for all 3 so far, with one having over 100 vies in one day.  I am new to this so I don't really know if that is good or not.  Based on other forum posts I have read I think it is a good deal of traffic.  Most of my traffic came from Craigs List.  I even began earning some money...nothing huge but I am proud to have $2.15 so far.  I don't know if what I am doing is good or if this will just be a burst that will trickle down to very little traffic. 
    I do not have any traffic from Google or any other search engine...can anyone tell me how to get that?  Is it based on keywords alone or do I need to do something on Google?
    Thanks everyone for all of the help and support.

11. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Traffic from this website is only relevant to earnings if your readers are sharing your links.  If not - then I hope you like the feedback that you get in comments, etc; because that's all the value outside of personal satisfaction that you'll be getting.

You have to backlink, and you have to always be open to new ways and places to back link, or promote your hubs - but only if you are interested in traffic, and income from your work.

My personal best advice is to find out which sites are "dofollow" backlink sites, and link your hubs there.

For traffic - in sheer numbers, referral traffic, Reddit is the single best place to put links that I know of.  It is a "dofollow" site, and sometimes you can get explosive traffic from that site, provided that you categorize your link correctly.

12. lex123 profile image78
    lex123posted 12 years ago

My main traffic comes from this order - google.co.in, google.com,google.co.ph, hubpages,yahoo search and google.ca. This is the traffic pattern for me in the last 30 days.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)