Is creating "Blogger" sites a good tool for increased hub traffic?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (26 posts)
  1. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

I keep reading how several Hubbers have a web site(s) of their own. Is Blogger a good choice for this in terms of increased traffic? Or is there a better way to increase readership and income with online writing? I'm in California so Amazon is no longer an option and I would really like a bigger monetary return from my articles. Keeping in mind I am looking for a free option, or at least a very cheap one! cool
    Thanks for your time!

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
      LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Blogger is good, free and it's owned by Google, and I have been getting some views from there that link to my hubs.  cool

K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Louis, this is nice to know.

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Having diversity of other locations that can lead back to your hubs is always a good thing. However, having said that, I would think you might benefit as long as you develop bloggers, to a specific niche.

If your blogger is too generalized, then it might not be beneficial.

I hope that helps. smile

It really does Ray. So, you're saying create a blogger site for each series of hubs that are directed at a particular subject. Doing this would offer better return than say setting Blogger up like my HubPages account; where several topics are approached in a sub categorized manner.

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well K9, from what I understand, blogger sites need to be niche types because it helps them rank better than those who are more generalized. The better ranking of those sites, based on their specific niche keywords would out do, those that are generalized.

Usually, when you have a site ranking well, then the traffic is increased and you want your blogger site to rank well, so it gets traffic.

You can also write on other sites besides blogger, such as ThisisFreelance(ThisisOli), Excerptz(Ryankett), Xobba(Sunforged) sites for backlinks.

The key is to create multiple one-way links, which point back to your hubs and to create one way links that also point to your other writing sites. Two-way links are not valued as the same.

I hope I explained that well enough. wink

You're a rock star Ray, very clear! And thank you for your input.

You're welcome my friend. smile

Mwwaah! big_smile

3. Rik Ravado profile image87
    Rik Ravadoposted 12 years ago

Remember too if you put adsense on your blogger pages you get 100% of any clicks.  I've created small experimental blogger sites both to link to my hubs but also to target niche traffic directly.  So far traffic is OK but the CTR is pretty low!

Very good to know, 100% is a pretty good share! Correct me if I'm wrong but, I would first want to create the articles here on HubPages, then link them one-way (as Cags suggests) to the Blogger site?

Hey K9,

The whole point is that you want your hubs to generate the revenue, so use a niche blog to point to your hubs.

Create the article on HP. Yes. But, do not link it to your blogger site. Link your blogger site to your hub.

Thus, creating one-way links. wink

THANK YOU! It figures I would have it backwards!

cool

4. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

Hi, K9

Personally, I can't speak highly enough of Blogger. I have tried a number of blogging sites in the last four and a bit years and would say that Blogger beats all of them, hands down, in every respect. I know that's quite a statement to make and an accolade to give - but I really mean it, believe me. It also gets me good traffic to certain Hubs.

One particular Blogger blog is alone my second biggest source of income each month. Only my principal "Job" earns me more. I would strongly recommend anyone to try it as a means of sensibly promoting Hubs and as an independent source of income.

It is worth stressing however that the niche factor is never more important than with blogs. Blogging (for anyone reading this who is not too familiar with the concept) is also a whole different ball game from Hubbing.

It is definitely worth a further look and a tour of the site, which I think you can still do without actually signing up.

Great information Gordon. I really like that you have the long term experience with Blogger in particular. It is reassuring to know you find success with the site.
      I am not clear (I can be a slow old bird) about the linking thing. Cags clearly advises writing the hubs here and then linking my Blogger site to the hub. Is this a simple task manged in the "share" section under "Blogger?" Or is this creating a link from HP to Blogger...hope that is not too confusing guys-- tongue

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
        Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi, K9

Totally agree about the linking from Blogger to the Hubs for one way link benefit.

I use two methods of linking from Blogger to my Hubs.

I hyperlink using HTML where the link is appropriate in the specific context only but not in general to the blog. I also use the picture module on the side bar (similar to an HP picture module) where you can display a picture but have the clicking on the picture alone the redirection to your Hub. On HP, the link would appear below the picture.

What I have also been known to do (and should do more, come to think of it!) is link to other people's Hubs via the "link to this page" tool. The Hubber benefits, I benefit, HP benefits - everyone wins! smile

Hope this helps and if you want more details on any points, feel free to mail me and I'll try to clarify from my humble experiences...

I really appreciate it Gordon! You're awesome! I will give a few of these a go...you may just find an email in your inbox as confusion is my longtime companion these days... wink

5. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Hey K9,

If it's any help. I create blog posts, instead of using the "shared" option HP offers. wink

Brilliant!

6. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

The light just went on Cags--- Thanks!!

lol lol

You're welcome again. smile

7. profile image0
    adeaugustusposted 12 years ago

Bloogging is a very great way to get backlinkingto your hubs,and it is a very nice thing to have a blog of your own,so that you can promote yourworks on there.

Thank You for the helpful input adeaugustus. It would seem all are in accord surrounding the usefulness of Blogger and/or blogging. smile

8. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

I get some traffic from there but not a lot!

Do you find it to be worth your time Bard of Ely?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)