HubCamp at HubPages HQ in San Francisco - Thurs Aug 18th

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 12 years ago

Hey Bay Area (and beyond?) Hubbers,

We'll be holding a special intermediate, topically-focused HubCamp at HubPages Headquarters on Thursday, August 18, from 6-8 pm.

The focus will be on turning household projects, like repairs, fixes, and renovations, into great Hubs. This will tie in with the Clogs to Coins contest, sponsored by Drano Snake Plus, which begins the following Monday. We'll be sharing tips and tricks on what we're looking for among entries, and how to make a great home plumbing Hub.

What we'll have for you:
    - food & drink
    - hardcover HubPages notebook
    - HubPages t-shirt
    - HubPages mug
    - the Drano Snake Plus
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5295811_f248.jpg

The only cost will be transportation and, if you need it, parking near our office.

Interested in attending? Please send me an email!

1. K9keystrokes profile image85
      K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds ideal for me! Not too far of a drive either. Thanks for offering the chance to get HubPages first hand training Jason.
      Save me a t-shirt!
      big_smile

Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Will do! Thanks for your RSVP email, too, K9. smile

1. K9keystrokes profile image85

You bet Jason--Should be fun!

1. carol3san profile image61
            carol3sanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It all sounds wonderful.  I wish I was able to attend, but unfortunately I wont be able to because I live much too far away.

2. Hyphenbird profile image82
      Hyphenbirdposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Alas, I am on the far side of the country. Throw in transportation and I will be there in a heartbeat though. Hey, it was worth a try. laugh

3. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
      LeslieAdrienneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We need a HubCamp in Atlanta.... is that a possibility?

We had a terrific one this past March. We don't have any current plans for another, but we will post something in this forum when we do!

2. Teddletonmr profile image70
    Teddletonmrposted 12 years ago

Sounds like good stuff, a bit to far for me as well, make it a great time...

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

How far from BART, and which station???  I just might be able to squeeze it in..

We're about a 5-minute walk from Montgomery Station (the east entrance off 2nd and Market).

2. K9keystrokes profile image85

DzyMsLizzy!  I hope you can make it!

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
        DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope so too, K9--I will surely try!
        It is a tossup which will be cheaper:  gas and parking in SF or BART ticket from end-of-line east bay.  BART's prices have gotten rather outrageous since I last rode.  :-(

4. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Drano Snake Plus?  Is it just me or is it getting warm in here? lol

5. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 12 years ago

Hope you have a good turnout Jason.  Judging from the HubCamp in Houston, it is well worth attending these events.  Hopefully you will share tips online with the rest of us who live too far away to be able to attend in person.  Thanks!

Thanks, Peggy! I hope we all have as nice a time as we did with you and your fellow Hubbers in Houston. smile

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

P.S.  I may ask if I can bring a non-Hubber guest,(that would be either my husband or daughter). As a senior citizen, I do not like to travel about in the evening alone.

Hi DzyMsLizzy: Yes, you can, although we're going to be skipping most of the basic material so they might feel lost if they don't know a thing about HubPages. Maybe you could help get them up to speed beforehand? (Not necessary, but that way they might find the HubCamp interesting)

7. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 12 years ago

Wow, I REALLY wish I could go to this. I'm a bit far -- closest city is Chicago. Any HubCamps near Chicago any time soon? I'd drive as far as hmmm:
    Chicago
    Madison
    Cleveland,Columbus,Cincinnati
    Detroit
    Upper Peninsula
    Indy

Oh wow! You know what would be a awesome? A hub contest of an expense paid trip to a hubcamp!

That is a nice idea! We don't have any HubCamps currently, but when we do start planning them, that would be a very nice thing to consider. smile

8. carpesomediem profile image61
    carpesomediemposted 12 years ago

I am so sad I am much closer to San Fran now but no money to travel to this HubCamp!  Hopefully, the next one at HPHQ, I can find a way to make it.  I owe Maddie about a million hugs!  smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Virtual hugs! (((((carpesomediem)))))

I look forward to meeting you at the next one!  Or just any time you're in San Francisco!

9. carpesomediem profile image61
    carpesomediemposted 12 years ago

I will find a way to make it happen!  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)