I need to make $50/week urgently

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. silentsapphire profile image56
    silentsapphireposted 12 years ago

I need to make an extra $200/month as we are facing some financial issues. I am ready to so some article writing for others. I have tried Elance, Guru etc but to no luck. I know these are good sites and I may ultimately get work, but I don't have much time in hand. I need to get things moving as soon as I can. Sites like Textbroker too doesn't work for me as I am not from the US. I would appreciate any help from fellow hubbers

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Try going to the site Webanswers - there's a link in my profile (OK so it's my referall link!) or you can simply go there.

It's a Q&A site - after ten answers you can add your Adsense account and then begin earning on there.  With quality answers and a good amount of answers and you'll begin to earn a nice residual income. It may take a few weeks to see returns - but I'm now answering less than 50 questions a month and still earn $50 a month.

Answering 50 a day I used to earn $250 or more a month.

In fact I'm going there right now to answer some questions!

1. David 470 profile image82
        David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is that website really legit and can you actually make that much? I believe I heard other hubbers mention it.

Yes - I made about $50 in July from Webanswers - I only answered about 50 questions max.

I've answered over 3800 questions since being a member so it has taken time to get to this level. Last year I was very active and was earning over $250 a month on average - it requires a lot of work, unique high quality answers etc - and knowing how to do some SEO does help too.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've known other Hubbers make money from it, but it's a bit like those paid survey sites - yes, you can make a lot of money but it's very time consuming.  You'll note SimeyC has answered over 3800 questions!

I only answer 10-20 a month now and still get $50-$100 a month - so while it was hard work initially it has paid off and is a nice residual income!

1. David 470 profile image82
              David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you think it's harder than hubpages? I have not met my goals on here, but have had some success.

1. kmackey32 profile image64
                kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think its easier. I just joined a few days ago.

2. SimeyC profile image88

David 470: easier than Hubpages - however I think there are far more rewards to be had on Hubpages in the long term! When Hubpages was hit by the Pandemic, WA was a good source of additional revenue as I worked hard to fix my Hubpages account - now I only maintain my WA and still get a nice residual income....like anything on the web it does take hard work and you do need to write quality answers...

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In my experience, trying to make instant money online is unrealistic.  You've been here long enough to know that any revenue-sharing site or even your own website is a long-term investment. 

The latest big idea online is writing and selling an ebook.  Lissie has some good information on that. I have a feeling it's going to crash and burn, because everyone and his dog is jumping on the bandwagon already - but if you're quick, you might make something from it.

The only other thing I can suggest (other than finding a job offline) is to look around the house and sell your clutter on eBay. Remember there's no such thing as second-hand clothing these days - it's "vintage".  And I made a LOT of money selling individual pieces of china - more than the full dinner set was worth - because there's always someone looking to replace a broken cup or plate.  I found collectables made the most money and you'd be surprised what people collect - ornaments, coins, tacky old souvenir spoons.  Again, sell them individually not as a collection.

The trick is to list everything at $1 plus postage - which minimizes your fees if it doesn't sell.  There will be the odd time when you have to sell things at ridiculously low prices, but that will be offset by the odd item that goes ballistic.

3. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Another source of ideas for earning money online is from Kim Komando's site.  Check out this article with links to various other sites:  http://www.komando.com/tips/index.aspx?id=3700

Some of them are for writing, but other skills are linked too.

But she emphasizes what has already been stated here - "There's no way to quick overnight Internet riches."

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Honestly, none of these sites make quick cash if you are starting from scratch.

3. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

You can get contracted work on oDesk

4. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

The content authority may be a good place for you to try and make extra money. They pay through paypal on a weekly basis as soon as you hit $25.00. https://thecontentauthority.com/

5. Sunnyglitter profile image83
    Sunnyglitterposted 12 years ago

I see a lot of you are talking about WebAnswers.  I use the site too, and have answered around 700 questions.  Pre-Panda, I made as much as $7 a day there.  Now I just make a few pennies here and there, but it's still better than nothing.  I'm not very active, though - I only answer a few questions a week.

6. silentsapphire profile image56
    silentsapphireposted 12 years ago

I appreciate all of your advices. Webanswers is a great site but it takes time to make money  from it. I need money urgently. I am ready to offer my services as an online writer. Do any of you need an article writer?

1. Glen619 profile image61
      Glen619posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I also recommend that you use Odesk and take up contracts form there. I earned about $100 a month at least.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)