Can I edit a Hub AFTER I've published it?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)
  1. HubMaster profile image58
    HubMasterposted 16 years ago

I'm brand new here.  I'm 'finished' with my first hub and want to publish it... but only if I know I can come back later and make it even better.

Thanks,
    David

p.s. I can feel an addiction coming on wink

1. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Mark. Some of these topics are so current waiting to achieve perfection before publishing isn't always the best way to go. At least three of my hubs address topics that change on almost a daily basis. So I update them as often.

One hub in particular I published last night. I've updated it five times since I posted it. All because new information became available over the course of the morning.

Another hub dealing with competing technologies has also gone through at least six changes as new information became available.

Another reason I "rush to hub" is to ensure my hub title isn't <cough> stolen. So I say post now and polish later.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

Yes, you can.  However, it's sometimes a good idea to let your Hub "stew" for a few days before you publish it.  You want people to see the Hub at its best, so don't put it out there half-baked.

3. profile image51
    broalexposted 16 years ago

HubMaster .. Welcome in the club big_smile Of course you can edit your Hub as many times as you want , you can even delete the entire Hub if you want to .... So go on Publish it .. big_smile Happy Hubbing ! big_smile lol

4. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Hey Marisa - don't worry - this is just college signing in as a new person and asking questions so he can answer . big_smile

He'll be along in a minute.

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Bva-ha-ha-ha-ha

6. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Did you see the way he brought up his old post LOL ?

7. gamergirl profile image87
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

I like how newbies name themselves "Hubmaster" and the like.

HubMasterposted 16 years agoin reply to this

wow. that's not very nice.  we're all newbies at first.  heck, you just joined here 4 months ago!  what's with all the hostility in here?  This forum's called "HELP from fellow hubbers".  Jeez.

8. HubMaster profile image58
    HubMasterposted 16 years ago

Thanks.  I'm not sure if you are joking Mark or if I should care if you're not... but I believe in 'playing fair' so I don't want to be mistaken for someone who doesn't (especially right out of the gate).

Best,
    David

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Well, I recommend not caring about what I say that's for sure smile

Publish and be damned - then fix it later.

Thanks Mark... good point.  like i said in my original post... I can feel an addiction coming on!  This hubpage thing seems pretty cool.

9. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

But not all newbies pretend to be masters big_smile

Darn that is a good point... I actually put that in assuming it would be taken, and then bam! it was available so I kinda knee-jerked it, surprised it was available.  See you guys soon.  I'm off to ride a bike w/my 6-yr-old daughter (just got home from school)!

Best,
      David

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Create another account - it's easy smile

10. profile image51
    broalexposted 16 years ago

I have seen in one of the days "A three word Hub" , so it can`t be worser than that , is it ?  lol

11. gamergirl profile image87
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

If you perceived hostility from my comment regarding your name, then that is your mistake.

I merely mused on the fact that you are brand new to the site and yet chose an alias for yourself that is misleading and,well, arrogant.

None of us are Hub Masters.  Every one of us continues to improve day by day, word by word.  To name yourself so from the start is pretty arrogant and rude to the rest of us.

12. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

I can fully understand that you'd need to rush your Hub out to publication if it's on such a hot topic.  I just remember reading a "how to" Hub from someone who found their Hubs performed better if they were left to accumulate a better Hub score for a few days, before publishing them.  So if your Hub is not that topical, it doesn't hurt.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I read the same info here on the forum.  It was casually mentioned.  I tried it, and it seems to work as long as there is original content added to the hub.

2. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 16 years agoin reply to this

How does an unpublished hub accumulate a score? WEIRD!!! hmm I guess I'll have to try that sometime.

I was going to attempt a cute/sexy comment to you Stacie, but apparently you are a MARRIED WOMAN! <gasp>

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
        Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Married, but still love cute/sexy comments.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)