Citizens Under Attack by Law Enforcement

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (23 posts)
  1. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 12 years ago

It is really sickening just how butal and hateful law enforcement can be against the people they're getting their pay from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxgNKNEt … r_embedded

The many videos reports I've read and watched law enforcement in action is simply nothing more then pure hate.

Brutalizing people when they can't even protect themselves from the beatings brings back the days of prison camps in Germany.

The long arm of the law is now the arm that will knock you and kill you by mistake or delibrately- How Absolutely Shameful Police Treatment Of Americans Have Become:

http://injusticeinseattle.blogspot.com/ … -2008.html

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

While this is wrong and shouldn't be allowed - how come no-one ever posts videos on Youtube of police doing nothing wrong, or people shooting at police, or people throwing things at police.

I know a lot of very good policemen who are not brutal, who obey the law and use the force required in particular circumstances....

..when was the last time you saw a forum posting...

"Look at this policeman helping a woman across the road...."

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

You know, they say there its a fine line between being a criminal and being a police officer. Two sides of the coin.

We have some very fine officers, and then those like you've showcased. I think it's time to stiffen the penalties for police brutality, and make it mandatory dismissal for even the slightest infraction. There should be zero tolerance.

3. SpanStar profile image60

Emile R

Is right We Can No Longer Turn A Blind Eye to how American Citizens are being treated by the very people they are paying.

There are good officers we all know that but guess what they're aren't so good when they stand by while they allow other officers to violate the law.

It's not about us are them in law enforcement, they should be working for the people and if they can't keep their attitude in check and citizens have to suffer for that then they are in the wrong job and we don't need them.

4. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

I'm sorry but if an officer tells me to sit down, I sit down. She provoked the officer to use force and yes, he was probably way out of line, but she was acting out before the camera stopped recording. The fact that she continued asking if the camera was recording tells me that she wanted the officer to get in trouble. Unfortunately, there are people who will do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to get attention.
    I'm not trying to justify the police, but it is clear that she wanted to get beaten. She's probably one of those people that like people to feel sorry for them. I've come across a few of those in my lifetime, and it's sad. The video doesn't show the police beating her. She might have cracked her head open by slamming herself on the floor. The black eyes... that's a different story, that was on him for sure.

5. SpanStar profile image60

Klarawieck,

I guess you have your opinion but I don't agree with you at all.  Our own kids act up but we don't try to beat to the point that and Ambulance has to be called.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She's not a kid SpanStar. She's a full grown woman. God knows why she got arrested to begin with. Officers put their lives at risk every day to keep citizens safe from idiots who think they can do what they please. I'm not saying he was right, but the film doesn't show him beating her, it only shows the result of their struggle. Like I said before, she could have cracked her head open herself. It happens to kids when they're wrestling each other in a playful manner. That's what I saw on the video, blood on the floor, and paramedics taking her out. Where in the video does it show that the officer is responsible for this?

SpanStarposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The woman was hand-cuffed and if you think the police don't beat people when they are helpless then there are plenty of links at the bottom to show they do.  People have a right to expect not to be treated like the are a victim of a street gang by the by police adult or a child.

1. profile image0

I agree.. I'm one who considers officers should have a thourough psychological evaluation every six months to keep their anger management in check. You deal with the garbage of the world on an everyday basis, you'll end up like them.

However, in this specific video, he's not beating her. He didn't use force. I'm just saying...

1. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I tend to agree.  It looks like an interrogation room, with the camera recording what happens.  Then the camera freezes for a period (how odd) and the next photo is of the girl on the ground with a large puddle of something red.  The view changes and someone (or something) is on a gurney, being taken out.  The view once more changes to the girl with black eyes.

The recording has very obviously been tampered with, with an additional sequence added.  By whom and for what purpose?  I rather doubt that the police added that sequence with black eyes, so who did?  Why did not the camera show any beating?  Somehow I doubt that any investigator looking at it will fail to ask the same question.

6. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

It looks kind of strange indeed. With those type of beatings her eyes should be swollen much more. And she clearly tried to provoke him to do smth. to her. She should just comply, if she got to that situation of being arrested. She's got herself into more trouble and him too, I guess. But this video shows or proves nothing.

7. SpanStar profile image60

For me it provides we as citizens have giving law enforce way to much control over other people because they've proven time again they aren't worth our trust when they won't even testify against each other for wrong doing because they are afraid of the blue color brotherhood.

8. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

When you disobey a police officer they can use force to make you comply, but that is not the same as a beating. They are meant to use non-violent restraint holds and physical restraints to accomplish their goal.

9. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Citizens are forever under attack by law enforcement, because the police seem to think that no matter what they do, they cannot do no wrong. Egotistical is a prime word for most of them.

10. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

This happened three days ago. This is the same highway I take to drive home from work. When you see stuff like this happening, you realize that there are good cops and bad ones. That A88h*le put a lot of people in danger and the police did a great job at arresting him without excessive force.

http://www.wsvn.com/video/category/top-video/

You might have to type:

suspect wanted for assault on officer arrested after chase

Miami Police did a fabulous job!

11. SpanStar profile image60

I never said there weren't some good police the problem is we have too many bad police and it's growing to sit back on our hands someone else said it better:

"In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing."--Edmund Burke

1. profile image0

Since when sitting at a Dunkin Donuts parking lot stuffing your face is "doing nothing?!"

Well I hope you're enjoying your meal.

1. profile image0

We are...

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5560746_f248.jpg

You're police officer- well you've got a lot going for you with catching guys/ oh I mean offenders of the law-smile.

12. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/crime- … f29e7.html

Cops doing what they should be doing.

13. SpanStar profile image60

Part of the caption underneath the woman who had been beat reads as follows:

The officer claimed that the woman just fell down... The officer was eventually fired after an investigation showed the shocking extent of the woman's injuries from the officer beating her.

I guess the lady's beating was no mystery for the police department that fired the officer.

14. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Looks like she has a broken nose which may cause her eyes to be blackened as a result.  Perhaps it may have resulted from hitting the floor face down, but I'm not making excuses for the cop either.  I doubt she would have been injured if she had complied with the officer to begin with.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)