Who Are The Real Animals In This Video?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (42 posts)
  1. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 12 years ago

The video regarding the treatment of cows is extremely graphic so I cause you not to watch if you're not to being shocked and disgusted.

http://thepolicenews.net/default.aspx?a … group=Home

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Without having to watch the video link you provided, I curious...what's your point?

It is often said that a society is ultimately judged by how it treats its most vulnerable members.

The above is the first sentence of the article/video you linked to. The most vulnerable member of human society isn't an animal. It's a homeless person.

SpanStarposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I guess my point is have we as people lost all our humanity?  Do we don't need to weight what's important about caring if we can help and we can help we should help but behave like an animal, what does that make us?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bad perception on your part. Individuals can lose their humanity, but don't put ALL into your statement.
        It makes that particular individual appear to be acting like an animal.

Again, what's your point?

Cows are animals, which provide sustainable and necessary things for the human species. The importance of the survival of the human species would be above the survival of any individual animal.

Don't agree with you at all.  We as human being decided that animals would be good to eat-We made that choice it isn't a universal law.

We who are suppose to have morals should have the ability to rise above the level of unfeeling treatment of others be they man or animal.

Good for you, be a vegetarian and see how well you do.
            Really? There are nutrients and vitamins that are gained from eating the meat of animals. If you become a vegetarian, your body will miss out on something and you will be forced to find supplements, which are manufactured by humans, so you can sustain your life.
            Unfeeling treatment? What exactly is unfeeling treatment? Clarify?

The fact of the matter is, animal foods is what cause the humanbody to be faced with so many medical problems.

I do envy vegatarians

Unfeeling is when one can stand by while a woman is being raped or someone is being beaten then turn around and head for Burger King or the like.

The only reason it's a cause for many medical problem is because of ignorance on behalf of the eater, so please.
                So you're not a vegetarian then? And, there's nothing to envy.
                That's an extreme case. I meant with regards to your topic. Duh? roll

I know what unfeeling treatment of human is, I watch it daily, and all I have to do is turn on the TV.

I you know unfeeling then what are you asking me to clarify for.  Unfortunated when we're coming up we can decide until later on in life what we want to eat by that time we're already indocutrinated with foods and customs.

Well I'm not a doctor but I've read enough to know there is some truth to the medical articles that do point to animal products as a health risk and though it won't matter to you it wasn't so long ago I read a Denny's menu that pointed out right on the menu that foods like eggs sunnyside up can cause in humans animal dieases.

I asked you to clarify with regard to your topic. Not about how humans treat other humans. I thought I made that simple to understand in my previous post.
                    Which is easily broken by making a willful choice to do so.
                    Eggs if consumed in high amounts can be harmful. This isn't any doubt and plenty of studies have been done on it, however, again that just speaks about the ignorance of the eater. wink

2. John Holden profile image61
              John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not true. Everything needed for healthy growth is available from a vegetarian diet. The myth of the second class protein has been exposed as just that, a myth.
              I've been a veggie for nigh on thirty years now and never had to take a supplement.

Actually, it's not, if the eater is ignorant.
                I would say that, but this topic isn't about being a vegetarian.
                It's not about a second class protein. Duh.
                Good for you.

1. John Holden profile image61
                  John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why introduce it then?

I didn't. I originally was talking about how humans use animals as a food source.

2. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are quick and merciful ways to kill animals used as food. Cattle don't need to be tortured and live miserable lives to provide food for humans.

Habee you are so right and this video is just a shameful example of how no one should be treated.

2. Cagsil profile image70

Yes there is and I'm sure it's done.
            Anything that a human would restrict the movement of an animal, for anything at all, would be considered torture.

When you cage an animal that isn't originally meant to be caged- it is torture.

So that means, when humans decided to domesticate cats and dogs, it was for selfish reasons and they should have left them alone with to begin with.

You made think this is shocking-I do-but I agree with you.

I don't go to the circle for the very reasons you mentioned.  I don't need to see for example a bear doing tricks- leave them where nature placed them.

Good to know.

2. habee profile image92
              habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Two points:

When I was married to a cattle rancher, our cattle had free range of hundreds of grassy acres, with shade trees, streams, and ponds. They weren't packed into feedlots like a lot of cattle are.

Canines benefitted from their association with early man. Hanging around human camps meant food. My dogs are much better off than they would be in the wild. They have food, health care, comfort, and protection. Most wild dogs don't fare well. There's the constant struggle for food, along with disease and predation by larger carnivores. In many places, wild canines are shot, trapped, or poisoned, greatly reducing the average lifespan. African wild dogs and Australian dingos live much longer in captivity than they do in the wild.

This is you. Not everyone is like you.

Habee my dear, dogs also multiply on a much greater level than humans do. They have litters that humans would never have. This argument is no good. Not to mention, as you say, giving the food, health care, comfort and protection, you are prolonging their life span, which only means there are more of them.

2. Danny R Hand profile image59
        Danny R Handposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We are what we make of ourselves. And you only have the power to choose what you become, not others. We can teach and be good examples, but ultimately, we only control our own choices.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I disagree.  It's illegal to kill a homeless person for sport, to own one as your property.  And non-human animals are members of our society in that they live in our communities and are part of reciprocal interactions.

DUH! Where in my statement did you get that? Re-read my words.
        roll You put animals on the same level and give them the same value, the consumption of them would be just a completely horrible act, beyond all thought.

1. psycheskinner profile image83

Um, no.  I said they are members of our community.  And they are according how the word "community" is typically defined (a unified body of individuals in interaction with each other).  Not every member of a community is literally or morally the same (e.g. felons).

Therefore the quote applies.  Animals are members of our communities and they are the most vulnerable members due to not holding human rights or being "persons" with standing under the law.

Humanizing animals. Good for you. roll

1. psycheskinner profile image83

Nope.  I in no way consider animals to be the same as humans.  I just don't think humans are the only creatures of moral worth and standing. That is the exact kind of thinking that leads to people beating calves to death with hammers. Because they are just animals, so who cares.

It's understand what you're saying. And, I'll leave it at that.

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I didn't watch the video, but I've viewed similar video clips. Animal cruelty makes me physically ill. I'll never understand how some people get pleasure from the suffering of their fellow earthlings.

4. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 12 years ago

Cagsil,

I'll say this about intelligence and get off this issue here because that's not the topic.

Intelligence is the highest level of comparative degree. 

Compared to these two humans one would have to say At That Time Erectus would be the most intelligent beings on the planet comparated to Australopithecus or all the other lower forms of life.

intelligence isn't simply based on modern man's tech books at the time.

Erectus developed tools, weapons, fire, and learned to cook his own food. He traveled out of Africa into China and the Southeast Asia developing clothing

Australopithecus afarensis lived between 3.9 and 3.0 million
    with ape like features

http://www.allaboutcreation.org/stages- … on-faq.htm

I am not trying to argue with you about it. I'm simply pointing out the fact that just because any individual has an intelligence, that individual doesn't always understand what's right and what's wrong. Some think that because they are intelligent they know what's best and use their intelligence to bring about things that are actually harmful. But you're right this topic isn't about intelligence and I'm done.

5. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

I do believe you meant "ignorance on the part of the eater, so please." 

Actually, ignorance by definition means the state of lacking something specific:  knowledge or training, information or awareness - not merely "lacking something."

Cagsil, throughout this thread you have made claims and challenges to other people and then when they have refuted your claims, you have come back with the question (or an analogous one) - "What's your point?"  Or you have ignored what they said and just shared more of your opinions.

The point is that people are trying to help you gain some of the knowledge that you lack and to gain awareness in areas in which you are lacking.  That's one of the great things about HubPages! smile

Did you understand what I said? If so, then why the correction? 

No, I wanted to know what the point was, otherwise I wouldn't have asked the question.
      I'm not lacking awareness about the status or stasis of what animals are or mean to humans. But, nice try.

6. silver lining 5 profile image60
    silver lining 5posted 12 years ago

disgust is a relative term. lol  I don't care to watch thank you.  Besides I eat veeeerrrryyyyyyyy little meat.  After all the crap they inject those cows with, they probably think death is a blessing.

7. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

Where's the smiley for tearing one's hair out?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)