What may be the cause of human extinction and when?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (61 posts)
  1. profile image0
    jomineposted 12 years ago

If you are religious, in the end god will sent fire and stars and all to earth to kill almost all except a selected few who will live eternally to praise him(A CD player might have served him better though, without much hassles). As wars and associated sins are decreasing day by day(well if you take OT god who likes genocide that may be a negative factor though) what may be the reason, why god decides to end human species and when will he do that?

If you are Scientific, all species(in fact 99% of all species), especially the rulers of there time(like T-rex) went extinct. So what may be the cause of human extinction and when that might happen?

If you think humans will never become extinct, what may be the reason?

1. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jommine:

There have been 5 mass extinctions in the history of life on this planet.

Man is a shrewd, impish little creature that has with guile and deceit, evolved to become earths prime predator.

There is not a doubt in my mind that he will perpetrate a massive reduction in his numbers during this century, but he will not become extinct.

There will be those chosen few who will slip underground and weather the coming storm. Those, less fortunate, who are left "outside," will die by the billions, but some will mutate into creatures that will not be recognized by those who will eventually come out and populate the surface of the planet.

Man will survive! But, He will not be the same man he is today.

He, hopefully, will have learned a hard lesson and will evolve into an adaptable creature that will create controls that will guarantee the viablilty of the species: Homo/sapienssapiens!

Qwark

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh my gosh qwark. You watch way too many movies. Underground humans? Above ground mutants? Are you serious?

I can see some covert attempt at  massive population reduction, like a viral swine flu virus released. But, we're not going to reenact I Am Legend.

1. qwark profile image61

Oh my goodness Emile!

We invite you to visit us in the 21st century!

With a desire and some study we can bring ya up to date on the condition of mankind and the potential for future catastrophes.

You see, there are those "special' people who have already pre-empted my imagined thought about a massive human reduction in population and have planned ahead to create
          underground "hideaways" for the worlds very special people.

Those "hideaways" already exist and those who will inhabit them have already been chosen.

Research has been ongoing ever since Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

When Einstein said the only way man can survive is under the control of a 1 world gov't, there are those who understand that and are taking it seriously.

Only a fool would think that the 1% of humanity that controls the 99% hasn't been thinking and planning for many yrs  and have considered all the possibilities that may effect mans future regression or progression.

There's no science fiction involved.

Reality faces the human species and most all other life on our planet.

Come up to date Emile.  smile:

Qwark

PS...FYI..."War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

1. profile image0

Qwark. Get real. smile

Of course, in the case of  impending catastrophe there will be the'fortunate' few that wil save their own a**es and say to heck with the rest of us. And underground bunkers are not unheard of. Heck, I know a guy that has one at the ready.

But, mutant humans? Sorry, that's not 21st century. That's sci fi. Which I do love, but I do understand it's fantasy.

1. qwark profile image61

Emile:

Wow!

You really are hangin'back there!

You can't imagine that if there is a nuclear holocaust, that those that will remain "outside" will die by the billions but some will survive and the genetic mutations caused by "redioactivy" won't, over the half/life time, result in creatures that we probably wouldn't recognize as humans... would occur?

The invite to join us in the 21srt century is still open!

C'mon! Join us!   smile:

Qwark

1. profile image0

lol gotta love you qwark. And I would enjoy joining you in the fantasy, but I'm afraid I can't imagine mutant humans battling godzilla in a radioactive world.

But, hey. Let's brainstorm on this idea. We could sell it to sci fi. Retire in style. smile

1. qwark profile image61

Naw Emile, here in the 21st century, it's "old hat."

Those "in-the-know," would laugh at us wasting time writing about reality and trying to pass it off as science fiction.

But I love your attitude in wanting to learn more about it. smile:

I'm sure that you are a bright, curious, friendly woman who'd do just fine in the 21st century!

I can't speak for anyone but me, so hey, I'd sure be willing to bring ya up to "snuff." So c'mon "up!" We're here waitin;!

Ditto on the love!  smile:

Qwark

2. profile image0
        jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What may be the cause of this extinction?

1. qwark profile image61

Who can say Jomine?

The potential for nuclear catastrophe is 100%.

The probability? Only guesswork, but great!

Man is ingenious. There are many other ways population reduction could be realized. His choice? A ? mark.

But Homo/sapiens will not become extinct because of what I expect to happen sometime this century.

Qwark

1. profile image0

Can it be due to a total collapse of the economy?
            If it is, then nobody is going to survive?
            And if it is going to occur, it may not take much years!!

2. profile image0
      andycoolposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think Human Beings will live as long as the earth will be there in the solar system. At the time of the destruction of the earth Human Beings might be ceased to exist... BUT  I also think Human Beings will be able to find another dwelling planet in another solar system by that time.

When someday the space will be destroyed Human Beings will finally become extinct.

1. profile image0

But the history of earth says otherwise. All top predators got extinct at the peek of their rule!!

2. profile image0

And if the number of humans beings increased beyond the sustaining capacity of earth(Scientist predict it will happen in this century, rather, by middle of this century) and our technology will not be advanced enough to transfer us to another planet or make it habitable, what will happen?

1. profile image0

That's obviously a possibility and we may be finished off the Dinosaur way. But I don't know why... I think in case of humans there will be some exception. Maybe some aliens will help us finding another planet.

3. Emrys Mythrander profile image61
      Emrys Mythranderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Immortality vs extinction well now isn't that the question of the day. I am of the opinion that it depends on your definition of extinction The reason I bring this up is that I believe we may be on the verge of a major paradigm shift redefining the terms "Mortality", "Humanity", and "The sole". You see, with the discover of the "scaffolding" of human organs, we have the ability to replace every organ in human body, and with DNA mapping the replacements would be exact "Factory" replicas matching every strand of DNA. And with advancements in nano-technology, we can literally build from individual atoms to molecules to cells and so on...  So that takes care of our bodies. with the advancement in Avatar and AI technology, we have the ability to transfer the entirety of our knowledge, all of our personality traits, mannerisms, feelings, and reactions into a computer. So that takes care of our mind. With the knowledge of the complete em spectrum and the ability to broadcast across vast distances in space, and receive and understand the "background radiation" of the cosmos, that would take care of what some would call "Ascension".  The question really becomes, what happens to the "Soul" during all this very interesting madness. Well to me, the spirit/soul is that ability to press on, to intentionally pursue and effect change according to a given "Will". And that is the grand ? for me, because I have seen that lost in the eyes of a man who lost is family and in the heart of a woman who lost her child on countless occasions. But reversely I have seen it survive devastating dismemberment, and incurable disease. So when you ask me what will cause our extinction. My answer would be the loss of our ability to carry on.

2. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I believe the cause of human extinction will be humans.  The population is too high for the planet to provide for all our needs, and the natural environment is being destroyed at an alarming rate.  We have already made many species extinct and I think it only a matter of time before we do the same to ourselves.  My only hope is that should mankind become extinct that there are at least some animals left on the planet, so that they might have a chance of re-populating it.  If not, then Earth will be just another lifeless planet, like all the others in our solar system.  Although it may seem rather bleak, the only hope our planet has of sustaining life, is if we humans are no longer here.

1. qwark profile image61

Sherlock:

Did ya read my response to jomine?

I don't think man will become extinct for the reasons I expressed in that comment.

Qwark

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Nuke radiation, genetic engineering,
    super antibiotic resistant bugs, global warming - one or the other - it won't get everyone just most.

1. OutWest profile image58
      OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It could be disease.  It might be ironic if we didn't actually extinct ourselves but were unable to combat a virus.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Quite possible.  When the first Spaniards explored the New World they also brought many common diseases with them.  The common cold, measles, mumps, etc. may have wiped out over 70% of the native American population in the next few decades.

Of course, enslaving and murdering as many of the indians as they could also aided "God's" followers to eliminate the indigenous people even faster.

You were sounding good untill your last line.  Always getting a dig? lol

Only if you consider the statement to be untrue!  Much is known about this time period because of the accompanying priests who recorded many instances of "converting" the local heathens to the true god before working them to death.

But perhaps you hold kindlier view towards the treatment of the native population by the conquistadors.  smile

I just thought it was funny how you brought up the God thing for no apparent reason

2. profile image0

But human beings are immune to most diseases as a species. The most dreaded infectious diseases, do not kill more than a few thousands and human beings are in millions.

I assume you are not referring to man made biological weapons developed to cause mass sickness and death?

4. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 12 years ago

Mankind will not become extinct simply because we have the intelligence to adapt to changing environment. Most animals became extinct because they couldn't adapt to the changes in their environment. Because of our intelligence we are the only complex animal on the planet capable of  living in all the different climate zones on Earth. No other animal is capable of doing that except for the single-celled bacteria that pretty much exist in all the climate zones including some extreme environments we cannot live in. It probably has to take something beyond our control such as an astronomical phenomena like an asteroid impact to occur to wipeout the entire human population and all animal life on this planet.  This event can happen anytime.

1. qwark profile image61

Hi Melpor:

Yep! right on.

Of course this is the first time in the existence of life on the earth that one species has gained the ability to jeopardize the existence of ALL extant life.

We could be heading for the 6th "mass extinction."

If there is a nuclear catastrophe, there is the problem of radio-active half life that could be wafted around the entire earth by the trade winds and jet streams.

As I've mentioned, there will be human life that will hide underground and try to wait until it's safe to open the doors and step out into...who would know what?

I don't think human life will become extinct but it will experience dynamic change...If...there is a cataclysmic nuclear event.

Life on the surface of the planet will undergo massive metamorphosis due to genetic mutations in life that has survived.

It will be a "Brave New World."

Qwark

5. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I agree Melpor.
    Mankind is always teetering on the edge of destruction, but has the capacity for rapid change as well. smile

6. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

The only thing that could possibly cause the extinction of the human race is the complete annihilation of this entire planet, with little to no warning. We are too intelligent and resilient to be done away with any more easily than that.

1. Hugh Williamson profile image75
      Hugh Williamsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. There are many things that could kill off a lot of the population but each is unlikely to get every last human. Even nuclear war would be survived by some and a disease that kills off everyone from the equator to the Arctic doesn't seem likely either.

Our overpopulation and our stubborn refusal to control carbon emissions are the best bet to annihilate all human life - and all other earth life. The CO2 greenhouse effect could reach a point of critical mass where the earth heats up to about 900 degrees and becomes just a bright shiny crystal ball floating in space.

That may be hard to imagine - until we take a look at planet Venus.

7. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I would predict it would be the death of the sun, occurring before we have the ability to travel to another life-supporting planet or live (long term) without one.

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image71
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I predict just the opposite. The "life" of the sun (solar flares and eruptions) will cause extinction long before the sun actually dies.

1. qwark profile image61

RS:

Yes.
        The earth will be flooded by increasing heat from our sun as it slowly dies.

Most likely, life will have about 1 1/2 billion yrs (give or take a few hundred million) to exist on planet earth.

Eventually, as I've said before, the surface of the earth will boil. It will become a ball of molten magma.

Qwark

2. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is likely to be not the opposite thing, but the same thing, in that planet destroying flares will probably occur when the sun ages and expands and Earth gets fried.

8. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Ask the Neanderthals if it is possible for such a total extinction to happen.  lol

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But Randy, we carry Neanderthal genes.  It seems that just one ancestor out of hundreds that comes from a different race is what determines what race an individual is - perhaps we are all Neanderthals in fact. Just slightly mutated. lol

True, Wildeness.  But do we also refer to T-Rex as not being extinct if we find their genes in some bird or lizard?  smile

1. profile image0

So Randy, do we die like Neanderthal(back ground extinction) or T-rex(mass extinction)?

As far as I know, there no complete picture of exactly why neanderthal man became extinct.  The most likely explanation is the influx of cro magnon man into their territory competing for the food supplies.  Can you imagine the effects of racism on uncivilized man?  It's bad enough in today's civilized society with its laws and moralities.  smile

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I doubt that Cro Magnon would have considered Neanderthal as a different race.  There was quite a bit of difference there and I would think that they would be just another animal that was a little smarter than most and required a little more care when taking it down or handling it.

Say about the way our ancestors viewed their African slaves...

Perhaps you are right, but if the intruders considered the Neanderthal species as merely other animals, then how do you explain the Neanderthal genes surviving in present day humans?  Horny cro magnon teenagers?   smile

2. profile image0

Lions, leopards and cheetahs compete for the same food, yet co-exist!!Similarly zebras and wild beasts!

9. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 12 years ago

Life on this planet will only exist for about another 1 1/2 billion yrs.
    As the sun begins to die, the surface of the earth will become a cauldron of molten magma.
    The next 2 1/2-3 billion yrs will see the sun expanding and destroying much of our solar system before it shrinks to become a "white dwarf."
    WE'd better make it off and outa here long before that.

Here ya go:
    http://www.michielb.nl/sun/leven.htm

It might be that WE exist as a short lived "happening" in the natural processes of cosmic realities.

Qwark

10. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

When we all either die or evolve into post-humans, whatever form that may take.
    Otherwise, massive solar flares, hostile extraterestrial intervention, nuclear war, a radical supervirus immune to FDA regs, a meteor or comet. There's also the posibility the planet will just shake us off like a bad case of fleas.
    I prefer to find comfort in something the Dalai Lama once said. Paraphrasing: 'If the world can be so easily destroyed, such destruction can be so easily avoided.'

1. qwark profile image61

jonathon:

I would love to have the dalai lama (who is just another imperfect human being) back up this ludicrous comment you paraphrased: "...'If the world can be so easily destroyed, such destruction can be so easily avoided.'

"World destroyed?" "Easily avoided?" Why would you find comfort in those PERFECTLY asinine words spoken by a perfectly asinine, simple minded character who perfectly asinine people think of as being a perfectly asinine divinity of some sort?

Whew! hmm:

Qwark

1. Jonathan Janco profile image61
        Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes Quark, the Dalai Lama is an imperfect human being. As am I and as are you.
        And yes, I choose to believe that something so extreme as human extinction has an opposing concept that can be accessed.
        As for the Dalai Lama, I take his words only as seriously as anyone else's. If I find comfort in someone's words or ideas, that's for me.
        You obviously find comfort in projecting your piety on others and being deliberately obnoxious. But that's your drama and you can keep that for yourself. I sure as hell don't need it.
        Peace be with you.
        Jonathan. (yes, with an 'a')

1. qwark profile image61

lol I loved that response Jonathan! smile:

I'm not sure in what sense you used the word "piety." there are a few connotations. As it refers to 'god/s" it wouldn't apply. I'm curious about it. smile:

I certainly agree with you that we are ALL "imperfect."

Jonathon, you failed to respond to my question referring to "world destruction," which is an impossibility for man to attain, and "that such destruction can be so easily avoided.", when it couldn't happen.

Why did you ignore my question if ref. to the dalai lama's paraphrased comment giving you "comfort?" I'm just curious.

I hope I'm not being "obnoxious" in asking you to explain...???  smile:

What is the "drama" you refer to?

So many questions to respond to in your short, passionate response.   lol

Thank you! Peace be with you too! smile:

I await your seriously considered response.

Qwark

1. lizzieBoo profile image61
            lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Qwark, you are an anarchist.

1. qwark profile image61

Lizzie:

lol "...sticks and stones..."   lol

Qwark

11. R.S. Hutchinson profile image71
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

Human extinction will be caused by Solar Flares- and you can quote me on that smile

12. Jonathan Janco profile image61

Well, Quark, first of all, when you use a word like asinine to refer to someone's personal views, you're likely to get a response like the one you received from me. Just because someone's opinion does not ring true for you is no call to dismiss it as juvenile, stupid or whatever you meant by asinine. That is the piety I refer to. Using such a word also directs a certain feeling at the target and the target will respond as such. I found your use of the word asinine as attempting to have a certain effect. And I noticed you refrained from such language when you were asking for a more elaborate response.
    And I do believe that everything has an equal or polarised reaction or counterconcept. Therefore, the concept the DL expressed that I referred to rang true for me. If we are indeed in such dire straits then, yes, it is very easy for me to be believe that we are capable of overcoming these problems but just havent discovered that yet. I mean, it wasn't THAT long ago that we thought God would punish us if we didnt slaughter a lamb every time we prayed. Times have changed since and I can only imagine they will again.

1. qwark profile image61

Jonathan:

Thank you! smile:

I pick my words very, very carefully.

The word inane, as I used it connotes; making no sense, or senseless.

It is senseless to think that and express that we humans can destroy the world! Is that not true? If the dalai lama, in fact, said that, it is a senseless remark...agree?

If we cannot destroy the world, a "senseless" remark would be that "its" destruction could be so easily avoided. Wouldn't that be so?

I would think that anyone one who would agree with the dalai lamas remark, as you paraphrased it, would have little sense, since his remark made no sense. Isn't that logic?

I can't imagine how piety could relate to me or my comment in any form?...oh well..

I can't respond to the 'god" concept. It has no meaning for me.

We are in "dire straits."

The humans species will not become extinct. it will survive.

But future man will not resemble the human being of today. it will have been metamorphosed into a human "singularity" by both nature and human ingenuity!

I enjoyed your response! You were sincere in responding to what I wrote as you interpreted it. No problem with that.

Qwark  smile:

2. profile image0

Hello brother Jonathan Janco, let me share a few words from my personal life with you.

In life we meet different people everyday, online and offline. You know, most of us are unhappy with our lives. As you referred, peace comes from within, I always believed in that but failed to reach happiness I'm seeking. I used to get mentally affected by external forces in the same way like you.

Gradually I realized that people tend to be attacking on peace loving people for some reasons. They are unhappy from within, so they always depend on external stimuli (somewhat like a drug addict who depends drugs), which act as triggers to create short term happiness in their mind. The process goes on, like a vicious cycle.

On realizing this I thought I've to guard myself against such external and uncontrollable impacts that is creating disturbances in my mind. What I tried is to make myself immune to such attacks without attacking or explaining the attacker.

Dear brother, please remember this... "NEVER EXPLAIN, YOUR FRIENDS DON'T NEED IT AND YOUR ENEMIES WON'T BELIEVE IT."

Just try to make sure you'll not get affected, why would you? As a human being you're as important as I am, I know you know that. So why would you let your mind get affected by other people's short term stimulus to make themselves happy for the moment? You're seeking long term happiness from within. You don't depend on short term triggers to become happy or unhappy. JUST TRY TO CONVINCE THIS TO YOURSELF... IT MAY TAKE A YEAR MAXIMUM I PROMISE. ONCE YOU'RE SUCCESSFUL YOU'RE IMMUNE!

Good luck!

Now I know what is meant by the exclamation "oh brother."  lol

1. profile image0

cool

13. Jonathan Janco profile image61

I think by destroying the world he meant the world as we are able to inhabit it. Of course we cant destroy the entire planet!
    And to think future man will be much different than today's humans: my god man I sure as hell hope so. How many ages of evolution and arrive here as the end all be all? No way!
    I wouldn't get up in the morning if I thought that!

1. qwark profile image61

TY Jonathon...smile:

I'm a "literalist."

To me, the "world" means: " The earth with its inhabitants."

Before words can comfort me, I question their meaning and intent. If, then, they gave me comfort, the source would be irrelevant.

In the case of the words you "paraphrased," based on my definition of the word "world," the one who spoke those words is "senseless."

You interpreted his words to meet your preconceived meaning of the word "world." No Problem. I understand why they might give you "comfort."

Coming from your point of view, his paraphrased words would mean that all life could become extinct. If so it would be easy to keep that from happening.

In the worst scenario we humans could perpetrate upon this planet, some life would survive.

WE ignorant humans are so fragmented by so many superstitions, beliefs and mores that there is no possiblity of us coming together in concert to work synergistically to guarantee the viability of the human species! None at all!

The fanatically religious will most likely perpetrate the biblical armageddon.

Qwark

14. Jonathan Janco profile image61

Andy, thank you for the advice. I do agree with what your saying,though I feel the use of the word 'enemy ' is a bit strong.
    I don't think a mere discussion creates an enemy. I see that sort of thing as a challenge. But I do appreciate the support, as always.

1. profile image0

Well that's not mine. The famous quote was made by Victor Grayson in a completely different (political) context. But I find it relevant in my struggle to live a better life. smile

15. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
    schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years ago

Other than the God idea you posted, I think by depleting all the resources, war, nucluear war, natural disasters...lots of things...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)