hubpages or blogging

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)
  1. getpaidtopost profile image39
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

I need a little help here from experienced hubpages members,

I would like to know, why people are using huppages?
    If you answer for the love of writing then you may skip this, If you answer for the money then please can you tell me the benefits of using hubpages. Why is it not better to just use blogging software like wordpress. In addition, am I write when I say we only get 53 cents per click on Adsense ads?

I just want to know as I already make money using a wordpress blogging site bumdig.com. At bumdig I get 90% of the click value and also have my own design choice, and some top plugins to better my webpage and posts like a SEO tool, no-follow rules, auto twitter. When i post a new page on average my site on bumdig receives well over $1 for an Adsense click, I have seen $5.68 for one click a few weeks ago.

If it is the case that at hubpages you only get $0.53 per adsense click. Then I am unsure of what to do, whether to post my stories to bumdig where the potential earnings are considerably higher per click, or to post them here at hubpages which has a lot more members and a forum, but at the same time has a low return per click.

Any help would be appreciated. I love writing but I also love money to so I want to post on the site that will give me the highest return.

Hope you can help.

2. lbtrader profile image59
    lbtraderposted 14 years ago

hubpages rank well and fast with google and other search engines....

blogspot is ok with google if your content is super good...but not with yahoo...

show me some screenshots of your search engine rankings with those other services and i might be encouraged to work with them.

As for the adsense money well you are right...blogspot is 100 percent yours so the thing to do is use hubpages to drive traffic to blogspot if.

To do that you need to make a topic page on hubpages and have that page rank highly on a certain subject.

From that page you insert several links to relevant pages on your blogspot. If your reader is truly interested in your topic and content then he is likely to click out to your blog and from there to click on your adsense promotion. So you get the best ranking with hubpages and the all the adsense returns on blogger.

It still ads up to a cup of coffee..........

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

It may be slow, but hubpages is a better option as far as Google is concerned for getting hits without too much knowledge of SEO.

getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Earnest Ill keep it in mind

4. getpaidtopost profile image39
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

Thanks Ibtrader, Please let me know if you are making money using hubpages? I have a google screen shot for you but how do i post it here?
    today i have made $8.23 from bumdig. I have two bumdig blogs I have beauty.bumdig.com and mobilephonereview both of which i just upload product feeds from affiliates no writing involved.
    I have only been doing this for 1 month now and it is already showing promising results, however I am going to make a third blog at the company in question and will be using this to write on, what do you think, should I write at hubpages or bumdig.

Please let me know what your earnings are for today.

5. Kudlit profile image60
    Kudlitposted 14 years ago

The price of adsense clicks will depend on the subject of your page. You'll get .10 clicks sometimes or even 0.05 clicks. Sometimes you'll get more than a dollar per click.

Try creating a hub targeting the same keywords you targeted on that other website to test the difference.

Thanks Kudlit So it does work on a % I read a forum that said $0.53, thanks for letting me know. On the other site i have only used product feeds to create posts as they have a feed import tool that allows the import of product feed from affiliates like tradedoubler.Upto now I have not posted my work to the site in question. However am now making a new one on there to put my own work, Dont think i can handle more than two posts a day though it takes on average 4 hours to create a good post especially when you have to gather facts and figures to support you story. please let us know your earnings for today!

Thanks Kudlit

Follow me at twit4cash

6. lbtrader profile image59
    lbtraderposted 14 years ago

When posting see formatting tips to insert image

Really i don't see why it is so important for you to know our earnings.

Everyone knows adsense is no way to make a living...write for pleasure and trade forex on the side....

Just try hubpages for a month and if it isn't your dig then stop...any hubs that make adsense cash will continue to be yours as residual income...

Stop with the advertisement already.....

Thanks Ibtrader, I just wanted to see on average what people are making on hubpages. I disagree with the adsense part, a living can be made from adsense but its not as easy a people may think. I think i will give this a good go. Hopefully i can one day quit my 12 hour day 6 days a week job and start making more money working at home using adsense.

7. Kudlit profile image60
    Kudlitposted 14 years ago

Or you can just upload the image somewhere and post the link if you're having trouble posting the screenshot.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)