365 Hubs in 365 Days Challenge

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. TheMagician profile image86
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

So I'm thinking of trying a daunting HP challenge of cranking out 365 hubs in 365 days for the 2012 year (well, technically 366 since it's a leap year). At the moment, I'm composing a list of possible topics I could cover, and it's going pretty well... I'm wondering, does anyone know where I can post progress about my personal challenge? Would anyone be even interested?

Also, I read in the ToS that you can't share money earned with the HP Ads Program, unless you've got written permission from HP. Anyone know about how I could get their permission to share my earning info along the way, or should I just leave it alone?

1. CyclingFitness profile image90
      CyclingFitnessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds hardcore considering your current status of having less the 20 hubs already published?

What makes you think that this is now possible for you considering your past history?

From having done 30 hubs in 30 days when I first started and personally found about half of the hubs I published were substandard due to rushing through them. Especially if you're going to back that up with backlinking help with traffic

TheMagicianposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well I've been part of HP and other article writing sites for almost two years now... the reason I've got less than 20 hubs published is because I didn't focus much here, but I've always lurked the site often. The few hubs that I have written have (surprisingly) had pretty great success, specifically a certain 3 of them.

I think it's possible because now that I'm here to devote more time to HP, and my creative writing juices are flowing like crazy. I've got well over 60 article ideas already lined up, and more coming.

I've never done backlinking or anything to help boost traffic to my hubs, and they've done well on their own. I have a feeling a part of the reason why is because since I'm young (18) which has given me ideas to write about that might interest more people in my age range. Who knows.

1. CyclingFitness profile image90
          CyclingFitnessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good luck- at 18 you seem to be on the younger end of hubbers from what I've experienced on here and the internet seems to have a huge amount of use by younger people so you are definitely likely to be able to assess trends within youth age groups

Thanks, and yeah I've noticed I'm a bit of a rarity on HP when it comes to age. Either way, I hope I can pull this off!

2. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Good luck! I would be interested to hear how you do... Others have created special hubs where they kept track of their personal challenges.
    Oh, sorry, that doesn't sound quite right.... I mean, they have created hubs where they posted their progress and links to their hubs - one hubber even made spreadsheets.
    You could try emailing HubPages to find out about making your earnings public - team@hubpages.com
    ...and again - Good Luck cool

Thanks a ton! I'll be sure to give them an email.
      Do you think if I had included my overall earnings (as in Adsense and HP Ads) together and not single them out, they'd allow that? Just wondering your thoughts on it. I'm definitely going to ask the HP Team though!

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years ago

That is a great challenge.  Good luck to you.  There is a 365 for photos, so why not for hubs?

I am participating in the 100 hubs in 30 days challenge.  I post hubs about my progress, and keep a tally on each hub I publish so people can see my progress. I'm not reporting the money (although I did mention when I went up from pennies to dimes), so I don't know about the rules there.

100 in 30 days? Whoa, that's pretty intense. I don't think I'd be able to handle that... I wrote 3 hubs a day for 2 days and almost tossed my computer out the window lol

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
        Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Now that I've been challenged, I've been able to handle two hubs a day without a problem.  It is doing more than two that is proven to be difficult. I am about halfway done, time wise, but I have a lot of catching up to do!

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Good luck.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)