Does Apostles Still Exist Today?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Lady LaShonda profile image74
    Lady LaShondaposted 15 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I am teaching lessons on the Five Folf Ministry beginning with The Office of the Apostle. Most Christians know the Five Fold Ministry as the backbone of the church. The apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, and teacher makes up the Five Fold Ministry. I would love your thoughts on this subject. You can view my hubs for lessons 1-3 for further details. Please read them and give me your 100% honest opinions when posting in this forum. If there are any questions, comments, or request, please feel free to make them known. We all are here to build off of eachother and your advice motivates me. Lets learn from one another.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, if there were apostles after the twelve, then I think is safe to assume that there'll probably always be. Paul was an apostle, as well as Barnabas (Acts 14:14) James, the brother of Jesus was an apostle (Gal 1:19), perhaps Andronicus and Junia (Rom 16:7). But it is still a sacred ministry in the eyes of God.

2. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The prophets come with 12 people to earth ,who are called the inner circle or apostles.They are also enlightened and help the prophet. smile

3. TheLoanConsultant profile image60
      TheLoanConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is an interesting thread. I've never noticed this one before. I've been occupied with my work for a few months therefore I haven't been able to browse through here as much as I would like. I am an apostle, so yes I will review your blog on apostles and give you honest feedback. Shalom.....

1. mohitmisra profile image60

Can you tell me more please when you say you are an apostle.

1. TheLoanConsultant profile image60

Sure. Ephesians 4:11 will give you some good feedback on this issue as well. Reading the whole book of Acts will also help to shed some more light on this issue for you. An apostle is ordained as such from God. No one can appoint theirself as an apostle nor can someone appoint someone as an apostle. Someone can however confirm someone's calling as an apostle. For example if you had an apostle calling on your life from God, it could be CONFIFRMED from another person. It's much like the gift of music. Somewhat might discover that they are more musically inclined with a certain instrument. They might perceive that they can hear the sounds and melodies in their heads and are able to compose. While others may not be able to compose as well as others but they can read and play music just as well as anyone. It's very similar to spiritual and ministry gifts. The apostolic gift is not a spiritual gift but a ministerial gift. There are however spritual gifts that are inherent in the apostolic gift as a whole. One of them is the gift of revelation. There are 3 aspects of the gift of revelation; The Word of Wisdom, The Word of Knowledge, and Discernment of Spirits. For lack of space, I will not go into detail about these gifts. If you have all three of these gifts, God has given unto you the apostolic gift. If you have this gift, there is nothing anyone can do interfere or short circuit the operation of these gifts in your life. Nor can one force these gifts to manifest in their life either. Just as in all other things, it helps very much if you have someone who has already operated in these gifts to coach you along the way. And as you may very well know, when it comes to esoteric issues as these a good teacher is hard to find. But when, the pupil is ready, the teacher appears.

Thanks, according to Hindu philosophy you have 12 apostles or closest disciples of the prophet when he comes to earth and they help him in his work.

1. TheLoanConsultant profile image60

Yes. Jesus was a prophet and an apostle. In fact he embodied all of the gifts mentioned in Ephesians 4:11. A very good book that you would enjoy on this topic is entitled, "Questions & Answers On Spiritual Gifts" by Howard Carter. You strike me as someone who is not willing to settle for just a mere sample but would want the whole meal. This book will certainly satisfy your appetite for a bit. And perhaps it will help you to discover your spiritual gifts. I must say that in my own personal experience, my understanding of consciousness helped me to understand the operation of spiritual gifts. Man is a 3 dimensional being. When you operate in these gifts with the help of God's Holy Spirit you become a 4 dimensional being for a certain period, namely during the time when the operation of these gifts are at their peak which is always when you are ministering to others for their growth and edification.

Do have a look at my profile, I work for God. smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
                  earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep! even has his skype number!

Again, you are a serious jerk.

2. Tamarii2 profile image56
    Tamarii2posted 14 years ago

I BELIEVE THE BIBLE.I BELIEVE THAT APOSTLES DO EXIST TODAY.EVIDENCE IS ALL THE CHURCHES STILL RISING UP.I BELIEVE APOSTLES STIR UP GIFTS IN PEOPLE.THEY START THINGS FOR GOD.THEY GO OUT AN GET CHURCHES TO COME TOGETHER FOR EVENTS.THEY EXIST TODAY BECAUSE OF GOD'S WORD.HE RISE EARLY .........SENDING THEM.MATTHEW 28:18-20.

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

You're the one providing the bad behaviour god man, go take a look back over your posts. Does that look like the words from one who claims such close knowledge of their god?

So a person who knows god should accept insult unconditionally- why, who taught you that?
      You think I have no feelings and like being abused.?

So you think a person who knows god should be abusive?

You just started this earnesthub, I was keeping away from you, didnt want to step on your toes.I will defend myself ,have no doubt about that.

No you started it with your insecure assertions of your vast fame.

Cannot help being famous, it has been destined. smile

OK I guess megalomania is blind.

Was in the Indian Newspapers last week as an expert in meditation. smile

Good for you! congratulations.

2. profile image0
                    fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Mohit, I didnt know you made it to the newspapers. I've been offline for almost 2 days now. Congrats, good man.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)