Why does this forum get turned into a giant immature cat fight?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (46 posts)
  1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

I am all for enjoying a good debate but why take it so far? Is it for fun, boredom, or what? Look at almost any religion forum anywhere and it is the same thing. Why?

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps it's because of all the giant immature cats here?  smile  I'm glad I'm just a small mature asp! tongue

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You might want to check that mirror. Someone might have taped a picture of a snake on it while you were hacking up a fur ball. lol

Just kidding. smile

Or am I? yikes

To answer the OP, I believe it's mostly boredom.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
          Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The only time I hack up a fur ball is after eating a cat!  And I seldom eat Chinese food!  tongue

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

2. jenb0128 profile image89
        jenb0128posted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  Meow!

Regarding the question: Human nature.

Just avoid such threads if you don't want to read/participate. It's usually easy to tell if they're "one of those" by the thread title!

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's because some people want to act like animals instead of humans, and spout outrageous things against God and people without taking any responsibility for their words and actions.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Human are animal, just not according to giant super human being ego's

2. pisean282311 profile image64
        pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@brenda u r right...religion when followed blindly and literally brings animal out of humans...why cant people leave god concept alone and focus on fellow human beings instead...

That was a trick statement, did the snake put you up to this?

3. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not all of them are, but most of them are. It seems to be a matter of some people getting very, very angry when other people have different beliefs from them.

4. Chris Neal profile image78
      Chris Nealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just got done posting in another forum about how I hate that when I start talking to uncivil people, I become uncivil as well. It's one thing to have a disagreement, it's another to start calling names.

5. nightwork4 profile image59
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

i find it's kind of fun to be a pain in the butt occasionally. there are a few hubbers that think they are a lot smarter then they are and it's a blast showing them the error of their ways.

2. Shawn May Scott profile image59
    Shawn May Scottposted 11 years ago

There are 2-3 specific individuals who choose to be immature and rude in these forums. It is best not to respond to them no matter what they say. If it is that bad report them. Giving them the time of day is not worth the waste of energy nor is the negative energy you build up within yourself. Reply only to the people who are respectful. smile

1. Chris Neal profile image78

Boy are you right! It takes me a long time to rid myself of that negativity, and it sure does mess up my day!

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Basically take part in the forum threads that are constructive, try to ignore the rest.  What else can we do?

4. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 11 years ago

I don't have anything to add other than that I would like to nominate this thread title for best thread title of the century. smile

5. Disappearinghead profile image61
    Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

Oh it's so hard sometimes. You start out with good intentions, adding what you believe is a positive thoughtful contribution to the debate, but then some schmuck with no agenda other than ridicule comes along and posts the same old regurgitated derogatory lines again. They think they are being clever as they elevate themselves to a level of superiority, they may even have their simpering followers, but they fail to see that they have no respect amoungst the noble and thinking here.

Hi hum. Must remember to blank them rather than rashly respond.

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's an incredibly astute observation.  Well stated, as well, DH.  smile

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
        Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks M2C

2. Chris Neal profile image78

I think that sums it up pretty well, it's just hard to not join in sometimes.

6. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I just did a google image search for "cat fight". Twas amusing indeed. And they are not all pics of cats...

I will not be posting any of the pics here, thus fulfilling my good deed for the day. big_smile

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Keeping the good stuff to yourself, huh?

7. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

When you argue or fight on a Forum, you lose.  You probably ruined your day for nothing.  Some people are good for cat fights.  That's all they do once they get on here.  They feel this need to stir it up.  Participating in a cat fight on any Forum is like being the one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.  You automatically lose!

1. Cagsil profile image72
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Untrue. It's a learning experience for all whenever a confrontation happens.
      Again, untrue because of the statement above.
      Most people are. lol
      Yes, there are some people who do that, but not all.
      Stir it up? Irrationality must be addressed when seen. Notice I said "must". It's that important.
      Untrue again due to statement #1 of this post.

8. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

Are you kidding me??? How the hell can you "confront" a person who is positioned behind a computer screen?  When you've had enough or don't want to deal with this person, all you have to do is slam the laptop shut or shut the computer off.  If given the choice, I would talk to the person in the flesh if it were that important, but online doesn't allow you that "luxury."

I don't see things as a "learning experience" when people get upset and start the name-calling.  Or, as a group, you gang up on some poor soul who is not experienced in these Forum waters.  I've seen it done, and it is just not worth it.

I do like it when the writers here are creative and keep things "spicy" on a topic.

Cat fights, fighting, arguments--whatever.  What I really can't stand are newbies who have not written a single hub or maybe less than three.  Then ask the Forum for some advice on their love life.  Jeez.  When you are asking strangers for advice on your love life, something is wrong in Paradise!

Ya think???

1. Druid Dude profile image59
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ijust pointed out that Caesar was horribly assasinated in the Forum at Rome. The nastier, the better!

2. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well said!

9. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/funny-pictures-cat-is-immature.jpg

10. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 11 years ago

Brilliant!  I miss-read the thread title and for one ecstatic moment thought that something original was going on involving the concept of a giant cat.  Then I see jacharless's post and thought, finally someone on my wavelength.  Then I came back to earth and realised that none of you give a rats behind what I think and that this posting is a meaningless, sad, pathetic attempt to be noticed on a Saturday night when everyone wants to engage in a 'my gods better than your god' debate. Again.

11. paradigmsearch profile image60

Here, kitty kitty kitty...

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Cute, I suppose I was a little catty.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That was a general comment to all and wasn't directed at you. smile

Paradigmsearch doesn't do mean. big_smile

1. profile image0

Dam, I thought someone was taking notice of me! Still, kind of you.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
            paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Consider yourself noticed. And I have designated you as cool. smile

I thought a cat fight was between two women and the guys were hoping the women would maybe kiss in the end

1. profile image60
                logic,commonsenseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Which end? smile

2. profile image0

Gosh, I've not been called 'cool' before, I'll make sure people who know me read this thread, I've been trying to persuade them for years:)

Sometimes the blood boil, and people say things like a hit from their paw. Yet for most part, most people are meow-low!!!

12. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

Excuse me? Where's the cat fight? This thread is several days old and everyone is being civil.  What is the problem?

1. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The problem is the fact that there isn't a cat fight going on and that everyone is being civil lol!  Despite most people saying they hate it, it is the acrimonious and uncivil threads that make hubbers get their popcorn out and settle in for the scrap!

1. Chris Neal profile image78

Sad but true. But it sure does take a lot out of a person to get into one of those firefights.

2. Chris Neal profile image78

It's actually been pretty refreshing.

3. peeples profile image94

While I don't participate in the forums much I do read them and this is one of the most civil threads I have seen in this section.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would agree. Everyone is being mature and staying on topic.  And they say there is no such thing as a miracle. I guess this thread proved them wrong.

13. paradigmsearch profile image60
    1. peeples profile image94

LOL More like playing patty cake!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)