Heaven = Eternity of Servitude

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

Hello religious folk,

Yeah, from time to time I like to start thread in the religion forums.

But, it has occurred to me that you fail to grasp what you think is ahead for you? Some of you think "all" of the human species is going to be accountable and judged by a G/god after death occurs.

ser·vi·tudeâ�� â��[sur-vi-tood, -tyood]  Show IPA
    noun
    slavery or bondage of any kind: political or intellectual servitude.
    compulsory service or labor as a punishment for criminals: penal servitude.
    Law . a right possessed by one person to use another's property.

As you can see, I put the definition of servitude above and I just thought that it is interesting how people are able to grasp the Heaven aspect. They seem to miss the eternity part, but they hope to continue living in another form(spirit). The eternity part is the same as infinity, forever, everlasting and another bunch of words to match.

Many people look at their own life now and don't grasp living that long. The human mind cannot grasp infinity/eternity. Because it's never-ending. Let's just say it's a very, very, very, very, very, very, long time.

Now, you will be existing in Heaven, IF you're lucky enough to get in. Since you are after all human and not single one yet has proven to be perfect.

Okay, you get into Heaven- Now what? Servitude. You will do as you are commanded or what exactly? You will service your G/god regardless of whatever it is your G/god requires, again no questions asked.

This will go on for the rest of your existence, even as a spirit form. No vacations or anything else. You will be made to be called upon whenever wanted or needed or desired by your G/god. And, you will like it. If you don't like it, then I'm sure your G/god will gladly deposit you into non-existence.

Yeah, I know. Yada, yada, yada... but if you read this then good. Regardless, it is what it is.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What are you thinking of as examples of servitude? Is God going to call upon men to clean up the house; make him a cup of tea; mine him some gold, cut his toenails?

God is all sufficient, so does not need man to do anything for him. Therefore there is no servitude.

1. Disturbia profile image60
        Disturbiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"God is all sufficient, so does not need man to do anything for him."

Sorry, but God seems to need man to worship and obey him.  Isn't  that why he created us in the first place?  I've always wondered why any being would need to create an entire population of subjects for no other purpose than to worship and obey.  Without mankind's belief in him, he would not exist at all.

1. aguasilver profile image69
          aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Missing the difference between need and want.

I need food, I want food I enjoy.

Believers worship God because it just seems right to worship the one who gives you life and inner peace, in other words we need to worship God, and He wants us to do so for two reasons:

It drives out the enemy when we worship and praise God, the enemy hates hearing us  praise and worship God.

I have cleared young men from my street playing loud bass notes from their cars by simply playing loud praise music, did it with noisy neighbours also.

Any time we get into praise and worship the enemy disappears.

Neat huh!

Secondly, it feels great, and is very enjoyable when you get into praise, which leads to worship.

Praise basically reminds you of all the great things God has done for us, which leads us to worship Him for His Grace and Mercy and Love.

1. Disturbia profile image60
            Disturbiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am happy for you that you feel such joy and get such enjoyment in your praise. I respect what you say and you will get no argument from me about any of it as I completely believe every man is entitled to believe or worship or pray in his own fashion and in his own way.

2. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"You Gotte Serve Somebody" By Bob Dylan

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Actually, one remains in heaven for only a short time. Once one goes in front of the review board, they are then sent somewhere else. It's either:

A. Back to here to try again.

or

B. Forward to the next level...

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
      Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe in heaven or hell. I believe in reincarnation, until we move into higher planes of existence.

3. aguasilver profile image69
    aguasilverposted 11 years ago

You missed the main info on what happens next:

Revelation 20:3-5
    Amplified Bible (AMP)
    Then he hurled him (the enemy) into the Abyss (the bottomless pit) and closed it and sealed it above him, so that he should no longer lead astray and deceive and seduce the nations until the thousand years were at an end. After that he must be liberated for a short time.

Then I saw thrones, and sitting on them were those to whom authority to act as judges and to pass sentence was entrusted. Also I saw the souls of those who had been slain with axes [beheaded] for their witnessing to Jesus and [for preaching and testifying] for the Word of God, and who had refused to pay homage to the beast or his statue and had not accepted his mark or permitted it to be stamped on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived again and ruled with Christ (the Messiah) a thousand years.

The remainder of the dead were not restored to life again until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

God has not talked to Satan for a 1000 years, it time for a divorce

Oh that divorce is coming, pretty soon according to what we see daily happening.

So is the correct answer to go to heaven, is the Jews?

The rest of us children get Spartacus separated in to going with bad old Satan

Close, it is a Jew who will get you to heaven, His name is Yeshua Ben Yosef, but we all normally call Him; Jesus or; The Christ, or even plain Christ, no problem, He listens to your heart, not your words so much.

No religious group on earth is a Representative of the Majority people way of thinking or Believe a present. I can not be a part of any group that would send or support any other group or individual to go to hell or suppress to a point of great suffering

We are all gods, I can envision this way of thinking to be in order of equality respect, and love, not matched by any other group or system. Unless we are all Jews mixed  all DNA black and earth began 6014 years ago, (not enough proof there).

CP, it's just too much effort to try and explain it to you, go with what you understand, and hope you are right.

Love is natural and make sense if Yahweh makes good sense for all, then all would natural come to Yahweh, yet most people on earth will not come because   Yahweh dose not make enough good sense.

2. Seafarer Mama profile image80
              Seafarer Mamaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like that part...that Jesus listens to our hearts more than our words. It's rather liberating, since we sometimes stumble on our words and they come out all wrong at times.....wished more people listened with and to hearts over words...it's a great practice....leads to greater peace. :0)

4. tirelesstraveler profile image61
    tirelesstravelerposted 11 years ago

Cagsil, Where have you been?  Its been ages.  Was afraid you had given up your investigation. Glad to see you back.

The whole eternity thing has been on my mind a lot lately. God created man to work. In the garden Adam and Eve worked. I am happiest when I am working productively. It used to be most people died soon after they retired, because they felt like their life had no purpose anymore.  From what I have read in the bible there is going to be music and other people to associate with in heaven.  The sights are going to be amazing and if there is work that's all good.
    Everyone is a slave to something or someone.  I choose to be a slave to those who love me. God just happens to be one of those someones.
    So glad to hear from you. TT

5. kess profile image60
    kessposted 11 years ago

The one who does not understand the eternal value of servitude...will never understand the kingdom of heaven.

1. Seafarer Mama profile image80
      Seafarer Mamaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If servitude is so great, and you believe that heaven is about servitude, then why was Moses appointed the one who led the Jews to Freedom from the Egyptians? Why did the slaves of the south sing hymns as a means of letting each other know about the Underground railroad to freedom? ...and Harriet Tubman was called their "Moses."

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And Hell doesn't? God says to Lucifer: "He doesn't know us too well...does he." Lucifer says: "Not in the slightest, Dad."

6. Cathleena Beams profile image78
    Cathleena Beamsposted 11 years ago

Jesus is all about setting the captives free.  He doesn't want to mistreat us.  The love God has for us is unconditional, like a father who loves his child no matter how much he misbehaves.  That's what God is like.  A father disciplines and expects his child to serve and obey, not because he wants to confine and abuse him, but to teach and guide him to improve his character.  Most of us can grasp a father's love, but for some it is difficult to see God as a father figure because He is also mighty and fierce. His love isn't confining.  It's a liberating love that sets us free from the wages of sin (which is death).  Serving Him is a choice freely made by those who trust Him.  Who better to put one's trust in than Him, and what do you have to lose.  Would you choose instead of life with Him, death and destruction?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)