Is It Possible?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 11 years ago

Is it possible that once a writer has successfully published a new hub, that Hub Pages would deliberately block the writer from sharing his hub, with his followers.

The reason I ask, is that in the last two days I published successfully two different hubs on two different topics and supposedly shared them with my followers of which I have over 500 fans.

Normally I would receive as few as six comments and as many as those who chose to respond, depending upon the topic of the Hub, but with these two, I have not received even one comment from anyone. I find this strange.

Can Hub Pages deliberately block a published hub from being transmitted/shared with a writer's readers and fans? If they can do this, does Hub and is Hub obligated to notify the writer of the Hub Action taken?

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No. Not possible.

Dave Mathewsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jason: Thank you for your quick response. Still I am left scratching my head then. Are my hubs going out to my many readers or not? If they are not, then why not? Is Hub experiencing technical difficulties?

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
          Jason Menayanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They seem to be. Why don't you contact some of your followers - or leave them a comment if you're doing that on their Hubs anyway - and ask them if they've noticed any change in delivery.

Jason: thanks again for the quick response and the suggestion. I would find it shameful and pushy, as well as attention seeking even vain, to straight-forward ask my readers, why haven't you commented on my Hubs. One could lose followers that way as well as friends.

Jason why is it that everytime I go to share a Hub, I get a warning message that it is not always a good idea to share hubs with others?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
              Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your hubs are automatically shared. Sharing them again so soon is unnecessary.

2. profile image0
              summerberrieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dave Matthews - I just followed you... let me know the next time you publish a hub and I will let you know if I received notification...you can just let me know in this thread if you like...

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
              Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then don't ask them that question.  Say you're worried that your Hubs are not reaching them, and can they remember if they got that notification?

Are you actively "sharing" your Hubs with your followers?   Did you know that they automatically get an email when you publish a new Hub?  Maybe they're getting fed up of you being pushy and sending them another notification.

2. John Sarkis profile image81
        John Sarkisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is new to me.  All said though, everytime I've published a hub, I go to the large "Hubpages" icon to the left, click it to go to HP's main page and my newly published article shows up right away for everyone to see.  Do you do this?

2. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

In short... Yes - Yes - No!

There are 105 issues that are not being addressed with the writers atm.. clearly a large amount of problems exist here, as the site staff have chosen to avoid providing any credible reasons as to why it seems the site is besieged with so many problems!  Have you noticed how inactive the forums have become, how long it takes to respond to emails, or the issues with urls?  Does not look good, does it? sad

However, I guess silence can also mean that they don't want to announce the fact issues exist, as it amounts to a public notification.  As far as your sharing is concerned.. I believe the problem is internal, as I have noticed the same as you and then found my newly published hubs altered by 'whoever' into completely different categories.... and of course no traffic!  sad 
    Check yours on this basis as well. Good Luck.

Look at this and ask yourself WTF as I did..

My Hub - 'Silence Defies The Heart' Religion and Philosophy → Eastern Religions and Beliefs

I published this hub in February into the Family category as it relates to parenting - not Eastern Religion and Philosophy! But when I checked it was in the wrong category - I changed it back again... And they changed it back to the above!

So yeah.... WTF is going on?  Clearly our hubs are being manipulated by some party in the background!  It's all getting a bit tiresome mate! sad

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

If they aren't it is a glitch not a conspiracy--approaching it in that framework might make the PTB more interested in assisting you with the problem.

How nice to see that you added your "Two Cents" worth in or is that One Cent. and by the way I havent got a clue what a PTB is plus I hate and abhor acronyms with a passion. What's wrong are the three words represented by your acronym that difficult for you to pronounce?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is a forum; people will tend to chip in their advice.  Mature adults just ignore any input they don't like.  And either ignore terms they don't understand or Google them.

Are you insulting me calling me immature? Why should I have to Google something that you apparently cannot even pronounce properly and have to resort to reducing down to some acronym? Girl if you are a girl, I'm probably 3 times your age and about 10 times smarter.

1. janesix profile image60
            janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

WOW that's smart! I'm impressed that you must have an IQ above 1000.

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
            PaulGoodman67posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are probably older, but she is probably smarter, would be my guess!  ;-)

(Although I don't know what "PTB" stands for either, so my opinion should probably not be taken too seriously!)

4. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

I was going to add a comment but I CBA.

1. profile image0

U- R- B N-C I L E

2. Uninvited Writer profile image78

LOL, you made me Google that smile

1. profile image0

I googled it, too. It was well worth it...glad I wasn't lazy.

2. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would have googled it, but I couldn't be arsed lol

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

Guess I won't be asking about PTB, either.

1. Horatio Plot profile image75
      Horatio Plotposted 11 years agoin reply to this

F.U.N.E.X?

6. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

PTB is Powers That Be.  Just thought I'd help out.  FWIW.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78

FFS, Mark quit it! smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

ROTFL!

7. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

If I'm suddenly AWOL, I'm probably CYA.  YKHTG, of course.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is brilliant - IYSWIM.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

The OP is not going to be happy with us...

9. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

The OP needs to complain to the PTB. Unless he wants a DNR for the original topic.

1. profile image0

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6626010_f248.jpg

B&!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)