Is He All Powerful?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (22 posts)
  1. josh3418 profile image69
    josh3418posted 11 years ago

If God is all-powerful, why did He allow His son to die on the cross?

1. Living Well Now profile image62
      Living Well Nowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Which god?

josh3418posted 11 years agoin reply to this

The God I believe in from The Bible;  the only God

Prove it.

1. profile image0
            Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Prove what?  He's making no assertions, he's asking a question.  Expressing his 'belief' does not require him to prove anything to anyone.

Nonsense, his question has a number of assertions. He made the assertion "the only God", that the god he believes in is the only god and that god is the god of the Christian bible. If he asked, "Why is the earth flat?" I'd ask him to prove that too.

2. josh3418 profile image69

Thank you motown

2. DoubleScorpion profile image79
          DoubleScorpionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If this is the case? Then why did you ask your question to begin with...You should already know your acceptable answer to this question...

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Because he could simply bring him right back again. And again, and again.....

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

3. autumn18 profile image58
      autumn18posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was the plan for his son to die on the cross.

@autumn, it was his plan. I jet to hear peoples take on tube issue. For everyone commenting, what I mean by this question is that because He is all powerful He could of obviously done it another way. But rather, he chose to send Jesus His son as opposed to having his persecutors, the Romans killed. So my question is why did God choose this method?   I have my answer, I just want to hear what you have to say.

4. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you go by what the bible describes it's G/god, then yes Omnipotent is the word to measure it.

What does his power have to do with Jesus dying on the cross?

Why are attempting to make a connection between these two things? There's not one.

What I mean,  is that He could of chosen another way than to send His son to die on the cross, because He has the power to do anything.  The answer, at least in my mind, is that He chose this method, because us, as sinners needed a way of atoning for our sins.  The only way for this to be possible was for Him to put the sins upon His own son.  Because, Jesus is, was the only perfect being, and that was the only way for our sins to be atoned for.

1. Cagsil profile image70

Wisdom would say that power has it's uses at a specific time and for a specific reason. And power had nothing to do with which would solve the issue.
          If having a conscience is a sin, then I find it funny and no solution. And, last time I checked, all a person has to do is "repent" their sin and they are forgiven. So, what exactly did Jesus dying on the cross really do?
          Punish his own son for the sin(actions of other people) to make up for the sins of the sinners? It's absurd and not rational.
          Perfect? Yeah right.

That is my belief, you can agree to disagree, that is all right by me.

Yeah, I know that's your belief and it is irrational. If you're irrational making these kinds of beliefs, based on the book you read and/or study, and no rational thought, then you do yourself more harm than you could ever realize.

If you want to continue to be your own problem and not care, then it my duty as a person living in this world to inform you that you're a problem in other people's life as well.

Since you choose to be a problem to yourself, it will translate in your actions that will be problems or create problems with other people.

I'm just pointing it out. wink

So are you saying that I have not thought rationally about this?  I graduated with a degree in Science and Bible, and have spent countless number of hours in research.  Yes, it is my belief, but is backed up with rational thought as well.  But, thanks for your willingness to be honest and confrontational.  I highly respect that, it is very rare these days.

And apparently failed basic logic rules, which the G/god of the bible seems to not be held to. You do know that mysticism is dishonest? Right?
                  It's not backed by rational thought. It's egotistically justified as rational. Thus, you deceive yourself. Good job. You learned exactly what the bible wanted to teach you. To not know yourself.
                  Confrontational? And why do you see it as confrontational? I am merely addressing irrationality. And, I was being honest.
                  Good to know. wink

So do you believe the Bible is mystical then?

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

I don't understand what the one question has to do with the other. Would the death on the cross somehow limit the power of a god?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)